Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Interesting line from the Athletic talk of the devil podcast on the 69% vs 100% point, that the INEOS bid reported at £4.3b is the enterprise value of the whole business but as Ratcliffe only wants the Glazers 69% he will pay that proportion of the valuation - around £2.9b.
So on that point Jassim seems to have the edge.

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
I mean, we know greenwashing is the motivation, so does this really move the needle more, or just part of that? And of course, Qatar's motivation is sportswashing. Abusing the environment and abusing human rights are both awful things that we will be stuck being tied to.

Of course, as the article says, the UK would need to approve fracking anyway, so it seems like it is a long way from him capitalizing. And that's an issue that goes FAR beyond Ineos/SJR/United. But it is a fair point that he could be jumping on the opportunity now that its available, with a longer term view if the government allows fracking.
Jeez . he is going to turn Carrington and the surrounding area into something out of lord of the rings and we are worried about the Qataries. :lol: . Sir Jim ..... Saruman. Sounds the same if you say it quickly

Spoony

The People's President
Interesting line from the Athletic talk of the devil podcast on the 69% vs 100% point, that the INEOS bid reported at £4.3b is the enterprise value of the whole business but as Ratcliffe only wants the Glazers 69% he will pay that proportion of the valuation - around £2.9b.

So how much will they be getting from Jassim's bid? 69% of the the full valuation?

jm99

I think if that's the case we can rule Ratcliffe out, the Glazers aren't going to be selling their share for less than 3bn. Though there's so many conflicting articles that it's hard to know which to trust

JagUTD

Given the NDAs I would take any quoted figures with a hefty pinch of salt.

Given the NDAs I would take any quoted figures with a hefty pinch of salt.
Given yesterday’s tweets from journos from all over the UK sport’s World, I’d say we take anything they say with a pinch of salt,
Clearly their sources aren’t all that on this one, very unreliable.
It’s a process that whilst being played out in the public domain, it still very secretive.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Given yesterday’s tweets from journos from all over the UK sport’s World, I’d say we take anything they say with a pinch of salt,
It’s a process that whilst being played out in the public domain, it still very secretive.
Whitwell in particular was at pains to point out that they are ‘sports journalists’ and that this sale process is a learning curve for them too. Interesting to hear him being so honest about it.

Whitwell in particular was at pains to point out that they are ‘sports journalists’ and that this sale process is a learning curve for them too. Interesting to hear him being so honest about it.
They have no choice but to partially come clean as they all got caught with their pants down.
Stone and Whitwell are both desperately trying to cover their arses today.
Seems simple to me, they saw one tweet from another journo and one by one they all followed it. It had nothing to do with not understanding the process or learning curve, they just don’t know much on this, and rather than admit they are in the dark, as always they are too desperate for clicks.

JagUTD

Jim should add a little sweetener to the deal and offer to name a stand after the Glazers.

A long stand.

JagUTD

I get the feeling they were played.

Trophy Room

This whole process really scares me. I have a really bad feeling about the INEOS bid. Dont’ know much about this Jassim lad either but the thing that reassures me about his bid is that profit is not a driving factor, the club will be debt free and run like a football club.

Status
Not open for further replies.