Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chairman Steve

I get the feeling this bid tendering process is a bit of a farce, and it’s just a constant back and forth between Glazers, Raine, Qatar and INEOS daring eachother to up their bids. It’s the longest round of Texas Hold’Em and theres constant re-raising. I just hope we’re at the stage where the river card is on the table and this is wrapped up soon.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
The current Twitter noises ars saying that Qatar has upped the bid and has given the Glazers (all 6 glazers) a premium like JR was offering them after 2-3 years but up front.

They are also suggesting that the Ratcliffe bid was to be paid over multiple years.

Make of it what you will.
Expecting a Keegan brief tomorrow night.

Sly1

The 'everybody body knows those supporting the Qatar bid are only doing so because they want shiny new signings' attitude is a convenient way of not engaging with the actual arguments of the majority of people who want Qatar.

I was 100% Ratcliffe right up until it was revealed he wouldn't clearing the debt and would actually be taking on more debt to buy the club (no matter on whose books it sits it will be the clubs revenues that service it). That also means no investment in infrastructure, and now the possibility of the 2 most visible leeches remaining and leeching off us for a few more years.

In an ideal world Ratcliffe would be offering to buy the club outright, pay off the debt, finance a new stadium and then leave football people to run the club, but that isn't an option, so I'm supporting the Qatar bid. I don't think they'll come in and spend £500m on players, my expectations are that they'll clear the debt, redevelop Old Trafford, the surrounding area and Carrington and then basically let the club live off it's own wealth generation. Run properly and debt free we don't need any outside investment, we can compete on our own.
Hit the nail right on the head.

Sly1

Ineos runs with debt. The idea Ratcliffe was ever going to use the funds of a company that had its own debt to service to clear up ours was always fecking idiocy.

But we were told "we don't know that isn't going to be the case" Really? Yes. Yes we do.
The bitter truth.

To add to yours:
Buying an indebted club with more debt and also retaining those two Glazers is a no for me. It's absolutely pathetic and we the fans should outrightly reject such a proposal.
We want all of the Glazers gone for good. All of them!

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Because that’s not how those that shout the loudest about freedom and morality work.
Whilst I don't agree with taking his flag..... bringing up morality here in his defence and therefore ultimately in the defence of Qatar is quite ironic wouldn't you say?

If Qatar didn't have the atrocious reputation they have then 100% of the fanbase would be on their side too as it would mean Glazers going fully. Sadly they do though so that's why there's such a split.

Brophs

The One and Only
The current Twitter noises ars saying that Qatar has upped the bid and has given the Glazers (all 6 glazers) a premium like JR was offering them after 2-3 years but up front.

They are also suggesting that the Ratcliffe bid was to be paid over multiple years.

Twitter noises from who?

Andy_Cole

Yes please

Anustart89

So if someone holds a sign of INOES group and that person gets bullied by thugs, it would be ok because they have the "freedom to react".
If I see some stupid kid holding up a "Rashford can I have your shirt" sign I'm going to knock it out of his hands and rip the sign up because I want Rashford's shirt.

crossy1686

career ending
Whats wrong with living in magic land?
Nothing it all! It’s more the projecting it on to other peoples lives that’s the issue. I’m sure Qatar are still fully involved but no one’s ‘preparing’ a bid for shit. They’d just send an email or call Raine, and not a soul on Twitter would know!

Giggsyking

Whilst I don't agree with taking his flag..... bringing up morality here in his defence and therefore ultimately in the defence of Qatar is quite ironic wouldn't you say?

If Qatar didn't have the atrocious reputation they have then 100% of the fanbase would be on their side too as it would mean Glazers going fully. Sadly they do though so that's why there's such a split.
No, he is free to hold whatever flag he wants. Bullying him is chaos you do not want even with opinions that you find strange to you, otherwise if you react to every opposite opinion it by would be a jungle.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
If I see some stupid kid holding up a "Rashford can I have your shirt" sign I'm going to knock it out of his hands and rip the sign up because I want Rashford's shirt.
A grown man holding up a “Rashford can I have your shirt” sign would be a lot less embarrassing than a Qatar (or INEOS) banner, to be honest.

crossy1686

career ending
A grown man holding up a “Rashford can I have your shirt” sign would be a lot less embarrassing than a Qatar (or INEOS) banner, to be honest.
Signs in general. Someone had the idea at home, got some paint, found a big piece of cardboard from somewhere, painted the sign, left it to dry overnight then decided to take it to the game.

During that whole process, with multiple points of reflection and chances to come to their senses, they still went ahead with it.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
No, he is free to hold whatever flag he wants. Bullying him is chaos you do not want even with opinions that you find strange to you, otherwise if you react to every opposite opinion it by would be a jungle.
You didn't read my post properly did you?

I said it was wrong to take the flag and I believe in free speech. My point was the morality point was a bit silly given Qatar's very questionable morality. I think that's a perfectly reasonable point my friend..

Bert_

So if someone holds a sign of INOES group and that person gets bullied by thugs, it would be ok because they have the "freedom to react".
No one should ever be bullied by thugs. But yes, if someone held up an INEOS sign then it would be OK for people to react to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.