Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

George The Best

Are you speaking from personal expertise or do you have sources you could share?
Yes. The case would be brought by US investors, against the Glazer’s, a US entity, around the manipulation of the US stock exchange. Cayman Island’s doesn’t figure into it.

JagUTD

Debt is no longer cheap. That option is not feasible any more.

The only option they have left is full sale, majority sale or minority sale to vulture capitalists.

It’s why full sale has always been the most likely. Then majority sale. Minority sale would require them reinvesting their own capital into the club to obtain some sort of growth and keep the vultures at bay.
Again, it's a fair and valid point. If we were to be pessimistic, the thought of them refinancing at a higher rate and just paying the interest isn't beyond them until a lower rate became available. What works in our favour is that these are the Glazer children, not Malcom. I don't think the offspring have the balls to take such a risk so yeh, a sale, ideally a full sale is their only option.

I'm relaxed about a slower process if that's what it takes though. Tomorrow.is perfect but I won't complain about the day after if that's what it takes to get rid.

welshmanc75

Yes. The case would be brought by US investors, against the Glazer’s, a US entity, around the manipulation of the US stock exchange. Cayman Island’s doesn’t figure into it.
Excuse my ignorance but are the class A shares of equal monetary value to the B shares?

ROFLUTION

So why are you adamant it’s a state bid when you yourself say we know nothing. Takes somebody who has to shout their username to try and be big. It will all come out in the wash, and I really don’t care. I’m entitled to my opinion as you are to yours, so don’t try to bully fellow posters that only have United’s interest at heart.
I said we know nothing and was clearly referring to the bidding proces as that was what my sentence was about. Twisting and deliberately misreading a post of mine is beyond me. Being personally for no reason instead of trying to be nuanced is beyond me. Never tried to bully any posters so where on earth do you get bullying from?! Honestly cant be arsed to do more replies to you - it seems like a complete waste of time.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I was hoping for like 'I work in financial law in NY' or something, 'Yes' doesn't really give me much to make a decision on whether I should be listening to you or not.

whitbyviking

The timing of the Nasser al-Khelaifi leak is very interesting, especially since it's over a month old news - I can't help but think it's leaked from SJR's group to bring up agaib the questions on separation between Jassim and the Qatari state.

Maybe pressure Glazers on the likelihood that the deal with Jassim could fall apart becuase of state ownership concerns.
Seems far more likely the Glazers would leak this to tease more money out of Ineos, in the same way there are multiple rumours regarding Ineos being slightly ahead, most likely to tease more money out of the Qataris. Doesn’t make sense at all for Ineos to leak it, they gain nothing by this, state ownership doesn’t matter a jot to the Glazers, they just want the Benjamins

JagUTD

What i think is that the glazers have used the ratcliffe bid as a leverage to get SJ to increase his bid as all we heard was that SJR was in the lead. You are right there is nothing stopping SJR from improving his bid but i feel that he doesn’t have the means for it hence he got creative with it by offering to pay the glazers more overall albeit over three years rather tha now.
Again, I think you and others are seriously underestimating this guy. I could believe that Qatars very top brass might be able to manipulate him but the Glazer family? These guys are small fish in all this. Ratcliffe and Jassim are levels above those clowns, the world's 55th richest person and someone with the full might of an entire country Vs the Glazer kids...

Let me put something to you and anyone who fancies answering. What if you wake up tomorrow and Jassim makes a similar offer to Ratcliffe, a staged buy out where a majority is acquired now, but over a period of time, the rest are bought out. What would your reaction be?

George The Best

I said we know nothing and was clearly referring to the bidding proces as that was what my sentence was about. Twisting and deliberately misreading a post of mine is beyond me. Being personally for no reason instead of trying to be nuanced is beyond me. Never tried to bully any posters so where on earth do you get bullying from?! Honestly cant be arsed to do more replies to you - it seems like a complete waste of time.
So you start your reply with “come on - you know the answer yourself so try with this” yeah.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion - not just yours!

jm99

Again, I think you and others are seriously underestimating this guy. I could believe that Qatars very top brass might be able to manipulate him but the Glazer family? These guys are small fish in all this. Ratcliffe and Jassim are levels above those clowns, the world's 55th richest person and someone with the full might of an entire country Vs the Glazer kids...

Let me put something to you and anyone who fancies answering. What if you wake up tomorrow and Jassim makes a similar offer to Ratcliffe, a staged buy out where a majority is acquired now, but over a period of time, the rest are bought out. What would your reaction be?
I think you're making the mistake of assuming because someone is wealthy they must be much smarter than us mere mortals. I'd have thought Elon's disastrous purchase of twitter would have made people see this isn't always the case. I'm sure Ratcliffe is a fine businessman, but just because he's rich doesn't make him infallible

George The Best

I was hoping for like 'I work in financial law in NY' or something, 'Yes' doesn't really give me much to make a decision on whether I should be listening to you or not.
I work in M&A law, not US. I’m giving you my opinion as to where this would go. If you have US entities and the stock exchange involved, then it all point’s to a US action, as that’s the most litigious place on the planet

JagUTD

Excuse my ignorance but are the class A shares of equal monetary value to the B shares?
The short answer is none of us really know. The Glazers set it up in such a way they thought they were being clever and could raise capital while not conceding power.

It doesn't work when it comes to selling the asset. For all intents and purposes the A shares are basically meaningless. Neither SJ or SJR need to buy them in order to exercise full and complete control. It is probably easier not to buy them and just allow them to trade on the open market but whoever buys the club may eventually be obliged to make an offer, depending on which rules are in play. UK, US or Cayman Islands.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Why was he threadbanned?
Don’t know, don’t even know if he is thread banned.
But wanting Qatar, or even desperately wanting them is one thing.
But being that smug every few minutes because Qatar has money - as if it was the poster’s own money - and declaring victory / telling other posters you fought hard, but you lost and stuff like this wasn’t really a good thing for this thread.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I work in M&A law, not US. I’m giving you my opinion as to where this would go. If you have US entities and the stock exchange involved, then it all point’s to a US action, as that’s the most litigious place on the planet
That is a better answer than I expected.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.

I’d be very let down and would solely then care about which of them was going to provide the most investment in stadium and infrastructure.

But it won’t happen, I assure you.

It’s the whole club for Jassim or he goes elsewhere in the PL.

ROFLUTION

So you start your reply with “come on - you know the answer yourself so try with this” yeah.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion - not just yours!
“Why do people keep making numbers up. Nobody has a clue as to what’s been tabled. Whatever the numbers are, they still don’t seem enough for the Glazer’s - that’s about all we know”

that’s a post of yours mate. I basically wrote the same and yet you argue and get personal. Ridiculous behavior.

Dempsey19

Stage 107 : Glazers are now waiting on Raine Group to give go ahead once they ensure potential bidders have their dog licenses and TV licences paid and up to date.

JagUTD

I think you're making the mistake of assuming because someone is wealthy they must be much smarter than us mere mortals. I'd have thought Elon's disastrous purchase of twitter would have made people see this isn't always the case. I'm sure Ratcliffe is a fine businessman, but just because he's rich doesn't make him infallible
Funnily enough, intelligence is the last thing I would use to describe the ultra wealthy. They're obviously not stupid but it's their ability to take risks that often get them to where they are. Whether that's a deal or investment nobody else believes in or just blatantly stealing someone else's idea.

Tapori

This is now resembling the South Park sketch where some of the kids go to the Game of Throne's author's house to ask about the next part and he keeps delaying everything

jm99

Funnily enough, intelligence is the last thing I would use to describe the ultra wealthy. They're obviously not stupid but it's their ability to take risks that often get them to where they are. Whether that's a deal or investment nobody else believes in or just blatantly stealing someone else's idea.
It's usually a mix of luck, capital and sometimes, some genuinely great decisions or intelligent moves. But it just seemed odd to say that Ratcliffe couldn't be manipulated by the Glazers because he's so rich this makes him immune to manipulation. The Glazers have an asset that he wants and they don't have to sell, this puts them in a strong negotiating position which is why they're seemingly getting a 100% premium on their shares

Gurtej

Ok, let’s divert our attention.

If one of Ineos or Qatar ends up being our new owners soon and still can influence the summer transfer market, I am sure they would want to make one signature signing.

Who do you think we are most likely to get Or who would you want us to get as a signature signing.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus

If one of Ineos or Qatar ends up being our new owners soon and still can influence the summer transfer market, I am sure they would want to make one signature signing.

Who do you think we are most likely to get Or who would you want us to get as a signature signing.
Surely they'll back ETH and pay up for Mount?

Marcelinho87

Osimhen.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool

I think they would go for Kane (if SJ they’ll offer silly money) and if it’s INEOS I could see us go big for Rice but still within the 100-120 mark.

With aJassim I also see the links to neymar getting hotter.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.

I believe very strongly it’ll be Jassim, and I really want Harry Kane at Utd and a top class MF.

Kane at Utd with Jassim in charge of the club’s future feels very right to me indeed.

Red4Ever

Cork; home of Cantwell, Irwin, Keane and Vidic-wel

scott mcTominay 5 year bumper deal

Herschel Krustofsky

Supports
Balanced perspectives

Phil Foden

El-Manos

Danny welbeck

Woziak

Thanks for explaining
There something called fair market value and this is a premium which is offered after a buy out of controlling shares. However if SJ is announced due to the liquidity of the offer, the shares will go up anyway and we’ve already seen a rise from $18 a few days ago to $19.36 which means the view is something is happening.

If SJ or SJR bought all 69% shares and took the Club off the NYSE, delisted they have to make a fair value bid which might be 10-15% over the current value which might be at $24 by the time the deal is down, so they would then give them a period of time to accept the offer and lodge it with the NYSE. This means that the remaining 50m (of which the Glazers own 6.9m so 4.3% of the remaining 31%) shares could receive a windfall of $27-28 per share, hence why some of the hedge funds who own considerable shares would not be happy with SJR wining.

It’s important to note that the Glazers would also receive another $180-200m on their A shares as well which SJR is not offering. That doesn’t mean that SJ has or will definitely win, right now I’d say it’s 50/50 as I’ve always said there are pros and cons to both bids but SJR would start with an upward battle keeping 2 Glazers in the board and they have 3 votes from a board of 7 controlled narrowly by SJR.

Woziak

scott mcTominay 5 year bumper deal
That’s pretty obvious

SJR - Would do everything to buy Harry Kane probably pay him £400k per week set him up a nice little image rights tax free deal in Monaco with a shiny Monaco account as well

SJ - Would unfortunately go for Neymar and pay him £500k through united and 500k as a Qatari ambassador in his existing Qatari account.

Wrecking ralf

Is there a way to see just the media that’s posted in a thread. It’s a pain in the arsenal to scroll through 25 pages trying to find any updates. Has there been any today?

Tarrou

Is there a way to see just the media that’s posted in a thread. It’s a pain in the arsenal to scroll through 25 pages trying to find any updates. Has there been any today?
the Times are reporting that Jassims camp is confident

Infra-red

The Times and The Daily Mail have reported today that the process is likely to come to a conclusion this week, with one of the two bidders likely to be named as the preferred bidder (which means they will enter into exclusivity with the Glazers while the final details the takeover deal are ironed out).

Qatar reportedly believed that they had already lost and Raine have been deep in negotiations with Ineos for weeks, but Qatar's 5th bid (submitted last week) has reportedly given the Qataris the impression that they are back in the game.

Both the Mail and Times pieces are almost identical and have clearly come from the same source/PR spokesperson.

Woziak

In all honesty even if a deal is agreed doesn’t mean it’s done, timeframe could end up like this ;

If Verbally Agreed June 20th 2023 - with SJ

He agrees to a 6 week transition but has influence during that period for transfers so he can make recommendations and he can agree the financials with the Glazers, Richard Arnold, John Murtough and ETH.

The club have a £200m revolving credit line which they can use. Contracts and payments can be agreed like Mount, D Costa this month. We don’t start paying the players to July and we would probably make the down payment on these two deals in July.

Hypothetically United Sign D Costa and M Mount for combined £110m with wages of £6m and £12m Late June

We sign KMJ and R Hojlund £90m, wages of £10m and £5m in Late July

And then H Kane £100m, A Rabiot Fee and Neymar(loan) but wages are £20m, £15m and £25m yearly. All players signed on 5 years, Neymar 2 year loan.

The club would have to pay £22.5m transfer plus agent fees of £8m for Costa and Mount in July. Then they would have to pay £18m plus £8m agent fees on KMJ and Hojlund do £26m in August and finally £20m plus £14m agent signing on fees in September so by then end of that period the club may have spent in actual money about £90m( these are not exacts but rough ideas of amortised payments)

The club would have to sell the obvious 8 or 9 players that they are trying to sell to allow all these players to come in under FSP especially wage ratio and FFP regulations. But they could genuinely do something like this under either new owner, providing they agreed to it and more importantly were willing to bank roll it! Clearing the debt is huge because it would have an instant effect on our P and L and Ebitda position in next years accounts.

TsuWave

streets saying Qatar have won? I'm awake!!

need Keegan to drop the dagger on Ratcliffe's bid

Status
Not open for further replies.