Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidmichael

I don’t think it’s been mentioned enough that the parasites aren’t even taking dividends anymore as they’ve literally bled us dry, lots of debt and no money for them to take whilst we struggle to invest in the club from playing squad to stadium to training which will see us fall behind others and then eventually the club will have little value when it’s mid table and broke.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Stretford Paddock are just as bad as the United Stand and that plum Goldbridge these days.
Their podcast is the worst. You get three minutes of adverts at the start, and then they talk about what they had tea last night, then someone gets cut off mid sentence for another advert, then the squeaky voiced one says something monumentally stupid and everyone ignores him, then more adverts, rinse and repeat...

Fanta Stick

I don’t think it’s been mentioned enough that the parasites aren’t even taking dividends anymore as they’ve literally bled us dry, lots of debt and no money for them to take whilst we struggle to invest in the club from playing squad to stadium to training which will see us fall behind others and then eventually the club will have little value when it’s mid table and broke.
You're bringing me down, Dave.

Someone

Something
I'm starting to give up. My only hope was for the club to have new owners that could help with our summer plans. At this moment it's highly unlikely. I hate those parasites with a passion.

Son

I can’t see this happening honestly. I was always confused why Qatar went for us with the price tag. Absolutely dumb really when you can invest in other clubs for let’s be real. 1/10th the price.

Get them into the CL in a single year potentially like Newcastle did. You would think that would be the No brainer deal.

United is very unattractive given the work that needs doing even with our fanbase. Adds more complications.

Brutally honest if I had 50 billion I probably wouldn’t invest in United. Looking at what City have done in 10 years you would kinda want to emulate that. Growing a club.

mu4c_20le

I can’t see this happening honestly. I was always confused why Qatar went for us with the price tag. Absolutely dumb really when you can invest in other clubs for let’s be real. 1/10th the price.

Get them into the CL in a single year potentially like Newcastle did. You would think that would be the No brainer deal.

United is very unattractive given the work that needs doing even with our fanbase. Adds more complications.
It's because we're big, that's it. But it's a double edged sword. The PL is a tough league and if we keep failing we could make them look foolish.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

Brutally honest if I had 50 billion I probably wouldn’t invest in United. Looking at what City have done in 10 years you would kinda want to emulate that. Growing a club.
United is the biggest club in the world, there's a prestige to owning us that I think only Real could match.

dacore

But...
-Hey man, I just bought a new Skoda!
-Oh nice, this is my brand new Ferrari!

There is Man United and there is the rest.

Edit: Woohoo, 100 posts!!! Yeah baby!!!

redsunited

No more scrolling this thread. I had given up on Glazers selling up. Even if it is posted in manutd.com, I will think it must be website spoofing or been hacked.

Son

It's because we're big, that's it. But it's a double edged sword. The PL is a tough league and if we keep failing we could make them look foolish.
Our club made it to the top in the early 00’s. We didn’t need investment and could afford anyone.

Then the greedy few sold us down the river because domination is never enough.

Empire’s have a tendency of destroying themselves. Pretty much how I view our club. Wasn’t all the Glazer’s they were just the opportunists.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Not sure how to take all this... if the Glazers weren't going to sell, there is no point in them keeping the bids on the table. Plus if they genuinely didn't want to sell, the bidders wouldn't stick around as they'd know they had no intention of selling. It's likely that stuff is happening behind the scenes, but there are absolutely no leaks at all, which is crap

Son

But...
-Hey man, I just bought a new Skoda!
-Oh nice, this is my brand new Ferrari!

There is Man United and there is the rest.

Edit: Woohoo, 100 posts!!! Yeah baby!!!
We are that Ferrari that costs £20m and sits in someone’s garage for 30 years been an investment piece collecting dust.

Give me a Lamborghini for 1/10th of the price and state of the art tech all day long.

Maroon Lucifer

Not sure how to take all this... if the Glazers weren't going to sell, there is no point in them keeping the bids on the table. Plus if they genuinely didn't want to sell, the bidders wouldn't stick around as they'd know they had no intention of selling. It's likely that stuff is happening behind the scenes, but there are absolutely no leaks at all, which is crap
Nah...The reason we stopped getting leaks is because everything is already wrapped up, and the reason for keeping it lowkey is to keep transfer prices down.
this saga has broken me

Barthez

The most god dam depressing thread in the history of the cafe surely!

It’s the hope and anticipation of a genuine update that kills you.

Blood Mage

Looking more and more like Joel just isn't getting what he wants for the club and is desperately holding out for the Qataris to up their bid or for someone else like the Saudis to arrive with a mega bid at the 11th hour. He'll keep holding out until it becomes clear that there is no further interest and will just accept the current Qatari bid by the end of August I think.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Looking more and more like Joel just isn't getting what he wants for the club and is desperately holding out for the Qataris to up their bid or for someone else like the Saudis to arrive with a mega bid at the 11th hour. He'll keep holding out until it becomes clear that there is no further interest and will just accept the current Qatari bid by the end of August I think.
They already upped their bid at the 11th hour, we're at the 38th hour

LordSpud

You have to think it was a double edged sword the way Ten Hag got us 3rd place and the CL.. perhaps another year in Europa League hell would have forced their hand sooner.

dacore

You have to think it was a double edged sword the way Ten Hag got us 3rd place and the CL.. perhaps another year in Europa League hell would have forced their hand sooner.
Yeah I was thinking the same in the end of the season. No CL is a lot of missing cash that maybe would have made Glazers more eager to sell. So I´m happy for CL but it might bite us in the ass in the end.

Pes6Monster

I'm okay with the Glazers staying, at this point.

Think the Qatari bid is all about Qatar and their psg travails are indicative of further decline. It'll be like Woodward on steroids. No thanks. Ratcliffe is just awful.

If the Glazers can find some minority investors or brazen it out, I'll grim and bear it. I don't demand United win all the time or think Old Trafford should transform into Unicron, but becoming a sportswashing vehicle or increasing the Glazerishness is too much.

Think the qatar bid will win out. They've got too much money to fail. It'll remove a piece of United from my heart if and when it does.

Like city, it'll forever be tainted.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
you have to be amazed at how well this process is locked down.
Literally zero information on one of the biggest sporting sales in history. Not a fecking dickie bird!

Impressive in this day and age.
It’s because literally nothing is happening other than their dithering and indecisiveness as to what they want to do - which is highlighting, on a global stage, how incompetent they are at any kind of decision making.

If you think back to the Chelsea, Newcastle and City takeovers, there wasn’t this ridiculous silence on what the owners were doing. Ask yourself why.

Yeah, the Newcastle one rumbled on due to red tape, but we all knew what was happening - there was no need for secrecy and mind games and fanbase stonewalling.

There’s no noise because they’re sat there on their fecking hands, like the blithering, dithering idiots that they are, scared to make a big call and cash in, yet too pathetic to run the asset they inherited properly.

Lever

I would say it's pretty obvious what happening here. Qatar declared independence in 1971, obviously as soon as we push 9 more pages, this will be done. Trust me.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
"We'll never thrive, We'll never thrive, We'll never thrive, We'll never thrive, We'll keep the red flag flying, 'cos Man Utd will never thrive."

Just. Feck. The. Glazers. Off.

It's fecking odious now.

McTerminator

I get why people think this. However, in my eyes, when that was the case previously, there were ample articles in the media to wind up the fans, suggesting both bidders are frustrated, in the dark, etc. Now, it's just absolute silence. Fans were kind of misled by the football journalists and unreasonable expectations for news flow were set. I am expecting the next news we get to effectively mark the conclusion of this process, one way or another. When that will be, who knows.
I hope you’re right. However, having experienced these transactions, sometimes a silence is just a silence. If the the Buyers are getting nothing substantive back then it goes on the back burner and it goes quiet for real.

The media quiet could easily just be 1. They know nothing, 2. No news, 3. Story fatigue.

philippexyz

Joel and Avram are obviously waiting for Qataris to back off the sale. Sir Jim Ratcliffe knows this - he's probably in touch with them. Then, only remaining solution for a sale is Jimmy Brexit. He buys out 4 Glazer siblings, J&A stay and eventually sell for a higher price, or just stay forever and leech off dividends with Ratcliffe's approval. This is what is happening i think(based on reports).

But, there could be another twist. What if the rest of the siblings(or just 1 of them) is spiteful, has some pride and refuses to be fooled by Joel and Avram. There could be a situation - "If we can't all sell to Qatar, we are not gonna sell our shares to Jimmy Brexit". Who is going to blink first then? Status quo until eventual fall of Manchester United to midtable status(and maybe even relegation, who knows) under the continued Glazer apocalypse?

All 6 of the siblings are going to have to find a compromise, J&A staying with RATcliffe seems most likely solution. Rest of the siblings probably want the cash now.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Great news from the Stretford Paddock, hopefully Qatar move on. Be great if some new buyers came in :)

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
So with the noises increasing of Jassim not succeeding in his takeover, how long do you lot reckon Ratcliffe will keep hold of the club?

And without wanting to sound morbid, given that he’s an OAP, what will happen when he either steps down or passes away? Will it ironically be exactly like the Glazers with his sons essentially inheriting the club? They’re involved in his businesses I think.

If so, it’d be mad for a club of Utd’s size and rich working class roots to basically be inherited by nepo babies twice in a row.

Status
Not open for further replies.