Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Share price rising quite a bit for seemingly no reason.
:(

We’ve become like ‘Nessy’ spotters in the 70s and 80s haven’t we…

Sitting on deck chairs around Loch Ness with flasks of Bovril and binoculars focussed on the completely still water occasionally shouting out, ‘I think I just I saw a ripple!’.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget

Sitting on deck chairs around Loch Ness with flasks of Bovril and binoculars focussed on the completely still water occasionally shouting out, ‘I think I just I saw a ripple!’.
Alarming how quiet it is at the moment

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Didn't realize we already made it to page 2016
This is my very low effort WUM attempt
Off topic since you meant May, but I genuinely miss Liz Truss.

It was glorious. Like some kind of weird political gangbang where she was just passed from interviewer to interviewer and rogered senseless repeatedly.

Bring her back I say.

If we’re gonna be governed by incompetent, moronic shitheads it should at least be entertaining.

astracrazy

Are we actually still being sold? Starting to feel like its just going to be one of those things that fades away and is eventually forgotten about.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Off topic since you meant May, but I genuinely miss Liz Truss.

It was glorious. Like some kind of weird political gangbang where she was just passed from interviewer to interviewer and rogered senseless repeatedly.

Bring her back I say.

If we’re gonna be governed by incompetent, moronic shitheads it should at least be entertaining.
I was originally going to say 2022 in my post, but then people would've probably assumed I was referring to Sunak.

Ahriman

Been waiting a couple of days for this moment..

The year of my birth, a momentous occasion if I say so myself :lol:

Gandalf

Are we actually still being sold? Starting to feel like its just going to be one of those things that fades away and is eventually forgotten about.
Possibly.

The facts as known are that there has been no more bidding since the fifth and final, he really means it this time, bid from SJ. The bids from both parties are below what the Glazers thought they would get in an open auction. We can speculate that the siblings are discussing whether to just take what they can now or whether they have already decided to decline both bids, if they are not selling there really is nothing requiring them to make any announcement of that fact and the only way we are likely to hear is if the bidders announce they are walking away.

They do need to sell as has been pointed out before but critically they do not need to sell right now. The club has seen a surge in revenue thanks to ETH working miracles, the new CL format kicks in 12 months from now guaranteeing even more cash and there is the spectre of new, yet more lucrative TV deals to be signed in the next couple of years all of which combined with probably a significantly better financial environment in 2 or 3 years could realistically see them hang on in the not entirely misguided belief that they can get double what is on the table right now in the future.

So yes they will sell but there is nothing to say it will be this year and if past is prologue, the positive financial news raising the prospect of the clubs value rising is very possibly going to tip the scales for the greedy scumbags to hang on for another couple of years. Had we done a Chelsea last year they would have cashed out already.

Castia

Possibly.

The facts as known are that there has been no more bidding since the fifth and final, he really means it this time, bid from SJ. The bids from both parties are below what the Glazers thought they would get in an open auction. We can speculate that the siblings are discussing whether to just take what they can now or whether they have already decided to decline both bids, if they are not selling there really is nothing requiring them to make any announcement of that fact and the only way we are likely to hear is if the bidders announce they are walking away.

They do need to sell as has been pointed out before but critically they do not need to sell right now. The club has seen a surge in revenue thanks to ETH working miracles, the new CL format kicks in 12 months from now guaranteeing even more cash and there is the spectre of new, yet more lucrative TV deals to be signed in the next couple of years all of which combined with probably a significantly better financial environment in 2 or 3 years could realistically see them hang on in the not entirely misguided belief that they can get double what is on the table right now in the future.

So yes they will sell but there is nothing to say it will be this year and if past is prologue, the positive financial news raising the prospect of the clubs value rising is very possibly going to tip the scales for the greedy scumbags to hang on for another couple of years. Had we done a Chelsea last year they would have cashed out already.
They could risk that but there’s hardly a queue of people looking to spend upwards of 6-7B on a club.

Qatar won’t be back at those numbers and I’m almost certain if their bid doesn’t materialise they’ll quickly move onto Spurs or West Ham.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

Harsh on @Pexbo

Gandalf

They could risk that but there’s hardly a queue of people looking to spend upwards of 6-7B on a club.

Qatar won’t be back at those numbers and I’m almost certain if their bid doesn’t materialise they’ll quickly move onto Spurs or West Ham.
That is a certainty.

The biggest issue does seem to be that they had a figure in mind when the process started and they are dissapointed it has not been met which has been further complicated by a more robust than expected performance last season both on the pitch and in financial terms. Never underestimate how powerful a force greed can be. We all can see that there will never be a better time than now for them to leave but it is easy for them to spin a narrative whereby holding out for another 2-3 years sees them add billions to the price and for that reason we cannot be certain they will sell even though it is on their own best interests.

jasT1981

Everything went dead once Jim said he was under NDA.

It meant reporters could no longer pass their opinion off as an 'exclusive scoop' and the stories have dried up.

Krakenzero

Supports
Santiago Wanderers
The Off Topic thread -formerly known as the Club Sale Thread-

Impressive feat by the Glazers, they sure know how to suck the joy out of everything, even their fecking off.

Moriarty

1979. Sid Vicious died aged 21. Lord Mounbatten went on his last boat trip and United lose 2-3 to Arsenal at Wembley. It was a strange year.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Iranian Revolution, Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, Siege of Mecca.

Pes6Monster

1979 and Britain's greatest Prime Minister begins her job
1979 and Britain's greatest Prime Minister begins her job
If Thatcher truly is Britain's greatest ever it is no wonder the UK is now ruled by idiots like Sunak (following Truss and 'Boris') with an supine opposition of Tory-lite Murdoch supplicants.

The Sheikh's number plate is the proof we need: Jassim is in Monaco to trash it out with Brexity Jim. Man to Man. Three games of backgammon. First to die wins.

C'est Moi Cantona

I wish I was involved enough to underatand all these posts starting with years.

I'm sure it's great, but It's just outwardly so frigging annoying.

RedDevilRoshi

Everything went dead once Jim said he was under NDA.

It meant reporters could no longer pass their opinion off as an 'exclusive scoop' and the stories have dried up.
Was this recently stated by Jim or are you referring to the NDA that was placed on both Ratcliffe & Jassim at the start?

Personally don’t think it’s anything to do with the NDA’s. Reporters close to both camps were still posting updates from time to time even during that stage when it was reported both Jassim & Ratcliffe were placed under NDA which was near the beginning of the bidding process from what I recall.

Everyone has just got fed up with this never ending circus now.

Even the shitty Twitter sources have got bored of it too. Those Qatari sources have even dried up as well.

Appletonred

1979: from ecstasy to agony, in the space of two minutes in the cup final against Arsenal.

jasT1981

Was this recently stated by Jim or are you referring to the NDA that was placed on both Ratcliffe & Jassim at the start?
Yes, Jim directly said it

WHAT THEY SAID:
“We obviously can’t say too much because we’ve signed an NDA and we respect that but there’s still a process and we’re in the process. We have a good offer – we’ve met the Glazers a couple of times and we had a good conversation but at the end of the day it’s their decision... we would still very much like to do it. I also believe we would do a good job and do it for the right reasons. We keep very focused on it," he told reporters during the launch of Grit, Rigour and Humour - the Ineos Story.
https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/sir...ing-good-offer-to-glazers/blt9f569349cb9d78e5

Link is to goal as its the only free one, reported in Telegraph but behind paywall

As soon as that was said, the stories died.

Status
Not open for further replies.