Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarrou

Do the Glazers really not get how much they are despised by United fans? If someone hated me one percent as much and offered me a king's ransom to go away...
they are going away though.. that’s what this entire process is about

I can’t believe so many people are buying this crap about them maybe staying

they are just holding out for more cash

Tender Teacher

I know that we're not supposed to mention him, but it feels very relevant here -

If the Glazers were staying, why would they not have made a decision on the Mason Greenwood situation yet?

MDFC Manager

I know that we're not supposed to mention him, but it feels very relevant here -

If the Glazers were staying, why would they not have made a decision on the Mason Greenwood situation yet?
When have they ever made a decision in an expedient manner? This is just yet another example.

Coops73

I find it odd that the only cnut showing their face recently has been that mutant Avram, I know Darcie, Bryan and whoever the feck others are were even less present but Joel on occasion showed his face with Avram so what’s changed?

Chief123

They’ve not even made a decision on if they are selling, never mind the Mason situation.

Irrational.

Just show how little the parasites care. Fans keep buying tickets and merchandise and they know this.
Not only are they parasites, but they are also cowards. I can probably count on one hand the number of times they have addressed or interacted with the fans.

Tender Teacher

When have they ever made a decision in an expedient manner? This is just yet another example.
You can understand why they'd pay little attention to timeframes regarding the sale of Manchester United - it's the one chance they'll have to sell their family's most valuable asset.

However, the Mason Greenwood situation requires a far less complicated decision to be reached and would've appeared to have a logical deadline of this pre-season.

I think the fact the Glazers have yet to make their decision shows they're still concerned about how it may affect the ongoing sales process, e.g. if they lose a £100m asset from their books or gain reputational damage.

Last edited:

FizzyWomack

I woke up out that coma 2001, about the same time that Dre dropped 2001 (really 1999)

All jokes aside, this is doing my head in now so I think it'll be best for me to vacate this thread, and any sale hopes. Someone tell me otherwise! Please, tell me otherwise :nervous:

Fridge chutney

United is not being 'asset stripped'. I agree it is being mismanaged, but it is not being 'asset stripped'. Indeed, it is making a massive profit.

Furthermore I suggest you look up who the British government actually are, and what ideology they purport.

'Sheikh Jassim' will not clear United's debts or anything else, he cannot afford to. What you mean is a consortium with Jassim as the public face, though we all know it is a state bid being indulged to improve the image of an autocratic regime.

If the British government should involve itself (as it attempted with the ESL) with buying and selling football clubs, it should be refusing to allow such awful regimes from buying consent. I refer you to my opening introduction to your current government as to why that certainly will not happen.

It is galling to see an autocratic regime deemed a saviour whereas a democratic structure is criticisable. One would think is part of the Qatari plan.

One more. 'Improve the local area' is frankly offensive. Building unaffordable homes and 'state of the art' concert venues in low income residential areas (like city) is not a mark of 'improvement' nor is the subsequent influence they'll have over councils.
Great post, well said.

AneRu

I think the decision was made and its now just a matter of loaning him somewhere to restart his career and bringing him back or selling him a year later. There is no way, in this stringent FFP climate, we are ever going to give away a talented player like him, now way! Ten Hag seems to want him from all the rumors but it's safe to say the higher ups know that the optics are difficult to manage.

GoldanoGraham

The Glazers have no shame - they are quite happy to appear at all big events recently - as if to say ‘we don’t care - we will do what we want when we want’ - they are impervious to fans dislike and almost revel in the torment that they are causing.

They are a nasty virus that is very difficult to get rid of.

Pes6Monster

Short of stopping games, I don't know what fans can do.
Stop funding football with attendance fees, merchandise and subscriptions.

I can’t believe so many people are buying this crap about them maybe staying they are just holding out for more cash
If they don't get the cash they want, they will more than likely stay on. Qatar will raise their state bid exponentially though and sell it back to gullible supporters as some 'liberation'.

Not only are they parasites, but they are also cowards. I can probably count on one hand the number of times they have addressed or interacted with the fans.
It's difficult for them to arrange any communication with people who are constantly threatening them. It only takes one idiot to go too far, remember.

Remember after the Super League debacle in that call where they promised to communicate more with the supporters? No communication after that :wenger:
Richard Arnold is approachable in his local! Seriously though, there is still the quarterly Fans Forum.

Of course, most supporters go in for the easy mania of 'Sell The Club!' demonstrations than constructive arguments and feel it is a massive waste of time. Can't say I blame them
much.

The Glazers have no shame - They are a nasty virus that is very difficult to get rid of.
As much as I agree with your sentiment, we need not just to remove the Glazers, but to remove Glazerism per se.

None of the current bidders do this.

Qatar's state bid is about Qatar. Expect marquee signings galore and a managerial merry-go-round. Club legends on executive packages. One big dirty PSG style PR trip for a nasty regime indeed.

Ratcliffe, well, he seems to want to buy the club out of some delusional grandeur. He is a godawful owner in his own right and Brailsford scares me. He really does.

We need people who put United first, second and last.

To be United for United's sake.

croadyman

I find it odd that the only cnut showing their face recently has been that mutant Avram, I know Darcie, Bryan and whoever the feck others are were even less present but Joel on occasion showed his face with Avram so what’s changed?
Maybe it's now 5 want to leave but that rat can't be persuaded so we are forever in limbo

croadyman

Where on earth you getting this confidence

Gasolin

I wonder if SJ has shot himself in the foot by saying how he wants to clear the debt, improve the stadium, training facilities and the area around Old Trafford. The two brothers are probably licking their lips at the prospect and the value the club could achieve in future years and could be holding out for a SJ bid that involves them staying as minority shareholders.
While this had been mentioned as a Ineos tactic, there still is some uncertainty around the overall plans they want to carry out. Not just that but the glazer brothers shares are only as valuable as the rest of the shares on the stock exchange. A SJ bid that involves them means only 3 shareholders and they could demand a premium for their shares in a few years time.
I think that's where the Qatar bid blocks. Qatar has something else in mind. The reason why they want to buy out everyone is because they want to get out of US regulations no matter what. With 2 minority shareholders with class B shares, there is potential for US ingerence. And they seem to hate that idea. Probably because what they want to do is likely shady from a US jurisdiction perspective.

Maybe that gives Ineos an edge now that the Qatar can in practice not happen unless 1/ Qatar accepts US jurisdistion and disclosure requirements or 2/ the remaining Glazers accept to move out the entity of US jurisdiction somehow.

Plastic Evra

Both prospective buyers do not fill me with a lot of optimism about better management or garner any sympathy. Provided Ratcliffe promises about addressing the infrastructure and debt are not empty (let's cautiously say I'll wait to see to become a believer), that's clearly the superior choice. But Ineos recent sport ventures are not exactly ravishing successes.

Gasolin

Both prospective buyers do not fill me with a lot of optimism about better management or garner any sympathy. Provided Ratcliffe promises about addressing the infrastructure and debt are not empty (let's cautiously say I'll wait to see to become a believer), that's clearly the superior choice. But Ineos recent sport ventures are not exactly ravishing successes.
It's 50/50. It looks like they don't know what a football club is but I thought their F1 venture was working well. They're not the majority shareholder over there though. I think Qatar is in the same boat: PSG is a disaster sports' wise given the investment.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Has Ratcliffe promised this…!?

I thought only Jassim had done so?

spwd

What promises? I don't believe he's said anything about it which is why a lot aren't keen on him. And before anyone says " We all wanted him at the start" that was before he decided to go against what any true fan would do and got in bed with the cnuts!

Plastic Evra

I legitimately thought there was at least a passing mention of those in public discussion. If mistaken, I stand corrected and I'm just left with two bidders I don't like and can't separate.

Which is par for the course in football, really.

Last edited:

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust

and if no one offers them more money (which seems very likely considering the lack of movement)?

Tarrou

and if no one offers them more money (which seems very likely considering the lack of movement)?
Qatar are not walking away from this opportunity for the sake of a few hundred million quid. They spunked 200bn on the world cup!

it doesn't seem very likely at all

if that had happened then why have they not announced they are staying?

do you really think this period of no movement is the bidders have decided they are not offering more and just... not told the Glazers? Come on

Tarrou

Where on earth you getting this confidence
i find the confidence they are staying super weird given all the variables at play. Even weirder still, all the bedwetters in here are convinced they are staying and not one person has taken me up on my 10/1 offer.

Imagine the panic if I withdraw my 10/1 offer to bet on them staying? Oh lord.

leet

Imo, the only way they stay is if they gamble on ETH to produce some miracle which would increase the value of the brand overall. Otherwise, I don't see the logic of staying if they're even thinking of sale. They can't really get more money in the future, especially if results continue to be bad, current value is 100% peaking under them.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
Main memory of the 2000/2001 season.

We were already champions and played Derby near the end of the season. They were fighting to stay up with city and when Derby scored against us, most of the ground cheered.

stepic

Saudis willing to spend 1b on a 1 year rental of Mbappe and we can't even get 6b for the whole fecking club :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.