Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
every single "source" that has posted shit on Twitter must surely be now in the dirt bin.
Proven liars

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Great to see Beckham come out and make a statement. We need more of this from ex players.

So much of Utd’s appeal now comes from the past - it will be increasingly difficult for the Glazers if those past, well Loved legends are telling them to leave.

Pes6Monster

Great to see Beckham come out and make a statement. We need more of this from ex players.

So much of Utd’s appeal now comes from the past - it will be increasingly difficult for the Glazers if those past, well Loved legends are telling them to leave.
We don't need ex-players being handsomely paid to speak favourably of Qatar.

It's frankly grotesque.

Pes6Monster

I get that but it wouldn’t surprise me if the UK government put pressure on the premier league to get it ratified if SJ won the bid.
The current government would be favourable to Sir Jim of Brexit, the working boy done good. Tories love that schtick.

Its an asset they want. They arent walking away because a decision is taking longer than they wanted.
United are bigger than Qatar. They're going nowhere.

'JUST IN: There are expected to be developments on the sale of the club when the team returns from the US.'

Jam tomorrow.

Last edited:

Robertd0803

2008- that moment when Edwin Van Der Sar saved Anelkas penalty.......... if you could bottle that sheer delight and happiness you would make a fortune.

Red Royal

2008- that moment when Edwin Van Der Sar saved Anelkas penalty.......... if you could bottle that sheer delight and happiness you would make a fortune.
Oh yes, that whole game and especially the penalty shootout was a complete rollercoaster of emotions. Happy Times.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...

Yeah, i live in Poland and most of the United fans i know are people in their late 30/ early 40ties. I hardly see kids in United tops here.

Robertd0803

Oh yes, that whole game and especially the penalty shootout was a complete rollercoaster of emotions. Happy Times.
The best.

Also on a side note why is Jordan Hendersons biggest fan on Sky Sports saying there will be developments after the tour? Do these people actually realise how illogical their guessing even sounds at this point?

Cantona in disguise

The best.

Also on a side note why is Jordan Hendersons biggest fan on Sky Sports saying there will be developments after the tour? Do these people actually realise how illogical their guessing even sounds at this point?
He just covered every base. Although he did say he thinks the Glazers will be involved after whatever investment takes place. Surely rules out SJ. Change of tune from him isn't it from memory?

kaku06

Maybe just maybe they are delaying the announcement so that we complete majority of our transfers to avoid the absolute rinsing by every club for our targets? Because it’s gone awfully quiet regarding the sale for many weeks.

Sam049

Maybe just maybe they are delaying the announcement so that we complete majority of our transfers to avoid the absolute rinsing by every club for our targets? Because it’s gone awfully quiet regarding the sale for many weeks.
I think this is the case. Radio silences for weeks after we had developments in June. They probably have an agreement in place and are handling transfers before announcing the sale so we can get our targets at a reasonable price.

Cantona in disguise

Worst case scenario. But seems potentially possible considering how they are and how shite our luck has been.
The way the last month and a half has gone, I’m pretty much ready for/expecting that news.
Does feel that way. Prepare for the worst case scenario and then anything else is a bonus at this point.

I wonder what the reaction will be as a whole.

romufc

Does feel that way. Prepare for the worst case scenario and then anything else is a bonus at this point.

I wonder what the reaction will be as a whole.
Lets be honest, the reaction will be a online meltdown for 2/3 days... one game where fans chant glazers out before the game.

They know the fans are caught in 2... if the team does well, then they will back the team, if it doesn't then it will get toxic towards the team and players.

Tiber

Even if there is a update next week it feels bloody unlikely to be good news

ChenHoNam

Some parts doesn't really add up (in a logical manner).

If there is any tinge of doubt that the sale is a just bluff, surely either SJ or SJR would be pissed and throw in the towel by now ?
Either party would then be leaking negative vibes to their preferred journalists.

Till now, everything is so calm and quiet. Strange really.

One can only hope for the positive side of things.

If otherwise, I shudder to think of any potential backlash that is going their direction.

Cross fingers.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
2008, the year I piped down two twins I met at a TGI Fridays.
Obvious lie.

But it was the year I tried to pick up a pair of very short twins (possibly, they were around the same height and they weren't entirely dissimilar), and then ended up trying to pick up an extremely tall woman (who had a sister, possibly a twin, but she wasn't there at the time).

Both attempts were unsuccessful. And it may not have happened at TGI Fridays.

But it was definitely (possibly) in 2008 (or thereabouts).

Appletonred

I cannot imagine them announcing that they are staying on the eve of the new season, they surely must know that could be incredibly counter productive and potentially lead to the cancellation of the first home games, the unrest could get ugly, I still don't see how they can stay at the club in any capacity, they have had a great run, but it is over for them now.

mu4c_20le

2008 was a pretty good year for the Olympics. Both Bolt and Phelps shattered all the records.

mctrials23

Oh you boys are just setting yourself up for disappointment. The reason there has been no news is because they don't want to cause a massive shit storm in the off season when there is no football to distract people. They will announce that no one has met their valuation just before the season starts and people will whinge but quickly simmer down once a few games have been won.

Status
Not open for further replies.