Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedDevilQuebecois

I think there'll be a decent amount of United fans not devastated by this potential news (me included).

It was quite clear that it was Qatar or Glazers, and given that choice I'd stick with the Glazers every time.
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Plastic Evra

Club value won't increase with an old stadium and no trophies. I like ETH but he's no Fergie, it's gonna take a lot of investment and proper planning for us to be successful again. The league is incredibly competitive now, and even if we manage to win the treble this season, that won't double the club value.
I can see the logic, if we assume it's not all just rumors cooked up for engagement : FFP is assessed over 3 years IIRC and by 2025 the COVID years will not be covered anymore (?) and that means tidier accounts. With a bit of luck and the team playing UCL every year, revenue should look very good (and maybe the new UCL setup is factored in too).

Does it justify jumping the price to 10 billions ? Probably not but I suppose that a Qatar state backed front could pay that if they really wanted to. Provided they don't go anywhere else but apart from Spurs which is already established just at the edge of upper table, I don't know what is the appetite of buying another team that would crowd and dilute further more the guarantees of UCL qualification for everyone involved.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I think there'll be a decent amount of United fans not devastated by this potential news (me included).

It was quite clear that it was Qatar or Glazers, and given that choice I'd stick with the Glazers every time.
Definitely.
If this is true - I hope our LGBT fanbase feel a lot better.
I hope that Amnesty International are rewarded for their tireless campaigning.
I hope any of our female fan base feel relieved about not having to travel to the country that own us.
I hope the families of the maligned and dead in Qatar don’t have to worry about a club they support being linked to something that brings them heartache.
It remains to be seen if this is true or not. But if so, I hope some of our marginalised fanbase sleep easier going forward and can continue to support us.

RedTiger

Half mast
I can see the logic, if we assume it's not all just rumors cooked up for engagement : FFP is assessed over 3 years IIRC and by 2025 the COVID years will not be covered anymore (?) and that means tidier accounts. With a bit of luck and the team playing UCL every year, revenue should look very good (and maybe the new UCL setup is factored in too).

Does it justify jumping the price to 10 billions ? Probably not but I suppose that a Qatar state backed front could pay that if they really wanted to. Provided they don't go anywhere else but apart from Spurs which is already established just at the edge of upper table, I don't know what is the appetite of buying another team that would crowd and dilute further more the guarantees of UCL qualification for everyone involved.
If its about UCL then I can see the Qataris going for one of the legendary Italian clubs.

spwd

After this whole saga that went on for a bloody year - no one would offer any proposition to them or take them seriously, because they're a joke!
Exactly. This is just nonsense.

I don't get the rationale of trying to sell again in a couple years. The club is likely to need more investment going forward, not less. Why do they think that they'll suddenly get a few billion more in a couple years?
They won't without putting a couple of billion in themselves.

spwd

If this was true sir Jim and Jassim would have mentioned this because they would have already pulled out and wouldn't give a feck about the nda.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
If this was true sir Jim and Jassim would have mentioned this because they would have already pulled out and wouldn't give a feck about the nda.
Maybe this is the first they’ve heard of it or it’s over and you don’t really need to make an announcement if you’ve lost the race

Plastic Evra

If its about UCL then I can see the Qataris going for one of the legendary Italian clubs.
I suppose it's possible though I think Chinese and US groups already invested the place a while ago. De Laurentiis doesn't seem the sort to relinquish control (but maybe at the right price...). I don't know the Agnellis are all that attached to Juventus though. The US groups could all be convinced by a very lucrative offer, I'd wager.
Not as lucrative as the PL but if you're looking for pedigree that's a good shout.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
It's a shite source BUT what makes me think it might be accurate is how EtH has been sounding a lot like other previous failed managers as of late in his pressers.

If we assume he's been told no sale, he obviously knows he cannot keep talking about investment because he's not getting it (what we're doing now is just plastering over the cracks of the Titanic and hoping it doesn't sink).

Dark times ahead and frankly if we don't get new owners, I will find it hard to care about a club with no ambition and realistic prospect of winning the big honours.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Difficult to see where the Glazers think they'll get a buyer at an even higher value down the road - it felt like Qatar was the last of the big Middle East "investors" to enter the Premier League, and if the Glazers are burning that bridge then I can't see who they think will have enough resources to buy the club down the line.

Particularly as the longer the Glazers remain then the more resources a new owner would have to pump-in to reverse the neglect from the Glazers, especially with so many other owners of Premier Leagues clubs investing, including whichever club the Qataris will surely turn to with United off the market.

Last edited:

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
will find it hard to care about a club with no ambition and realistic prospect of winning the big honours.
Y’know what - I feel absolutely awful that you think your connection to this club could be made smaller if this takeover doesn’t happen. I know how that feels (from the other point of view) but I’ve never really considered it before. If you continue to support United because they might “win the big honours” and might not care aboht them if the Club isn’t winning - the last few years just have been a nightmare. I honestly hope you don’t have to stop caring about the club!

glasgow 21

Nice one you have no idea how broke this club is , enjoy no CL in the future then , hope your happy with mid table level cause thats where its headed. I will state if these leeches are staying and its in papers tomorrow I'm done. If folk like RR can pull her support over one player then I can over this family running the club. Let see what the papers say tomorrow.

Yorke to Cole

It's a shite source BUT what makes me think it might be accurate is how EtH has been sounding a lot like other previous failed managers as of late in his pressers.

If we assume he's been told no sale, he obviously knows he cannot keep talking about investment because he's not getting it (what we're doing now is just plastering over the cracks of the Titanic and hoping it doesn't sink).

Dark times ahead and frankly if we don't get new owners, I will find it hard to care about a club with no ambition and realistic prospect of winning the big honours.
Completely agree. Looking purely at the sporting side, we can not compete with what is being spent and the infrastructure behind them. For example, Brighton have a far superior scouting system at present.

They need to go. I like many cannot stand them. The way we are run is abysmal.

I do not like him but we have to wait what Jacobs says. Also Romano, only said this week that talks are ongoing and it being kept very quiet. This is going to make Custis look Shyte.

The things that concerns me is the timing, before Labor day and what that Muppetier says.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
How reliable is this news? Mail? Custis reported recently it’s done.
I would say it's just speculation. Surely The Times, BBC, Telegraph, Athletic etc would be all over this by now if it was true. Everyone is quiet on it except Mail on Sunday.

Yorke to Cole

But it is who Keegan writes for. Do you think they contacted Keegan, to tell him what they have heard.

Tom Van Persie

No relation

I highly doubt ten Hag knows anything. It was reported earlier on in the sale that even top executives at United were being kept in the dark. The only people that know are the Glazers.

Rightnr

Y’know what - I feel absolutely awful that you think your connection to this club could be made smaller if this takeover doesn’t happen. I know how that feels (from the other point of view) but I’ve never really considered it before. If you continue to support United because they might “win the big honours” and might not care aboht them if the Club isn’t winning - the last few years just have been a nightmare. I honestly hope you don’t have to stop caring about the club!
You should have responded and followed up my advice from my first post to you but that didn't suit.

Frankly, I couldn't care less what you think because you write absolute nonsense. Sport is about competing and winning. If there's no chance to win, who gives a feck. Go take part in a running race with ducks if you want to cheer for lost causes so much.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Frankly, I couldn't care less what you think because you write absolute nonsense. Sport is about competing and winning. If there's no chance to win, who gives a feck.
Again- for a lot of people it isn’t about this -but obviously for you it is. Fair enough - but try not to belittle fans who support a club even if it doesn’t win everything.

Rightnr

But it is who Keegan writes for. Do you think they contacted Keegan, to tell him what they have heard.
Indeed but then again, the writer of this piece has been shown to be a bit of a clown and that 10bn number looks ludicrous in 2, 5 or even 10 years given the relative strength of the club at the moment (financially and in sporting terms).

I still think they'll sell but nothing is too dumb for these silver-spooned goblins.

Keegan writes for the Daily Mail.
This is from them though (Mail Sport is the Daily Mail's people, their Twitter says as much).

Rightnr

Again- for a lot of people it isn’t about this -but obviously for you it is. Fair enough - but try not to belittle fans who support a club even if it doesn’t win everything.
You still don't get it. I don't want us to dominate how we did with Ferguson but I want a realistic chance of success. See Arsenal last season.

We're never getting that with the Glazers, we have 10 years of evidence for that. We're basically Liverpool under their previous owners.

Yorke to Cole

Indeed but then again, the writer of this piece has been shown to be a bit of a clown and that 10bn number looks ludicrous in 2, 5 or even 10 years given the relative strength of the club at the moment (financially and in sporting terms).

I still think they'll sell but nothing is too dumb for these silver-spooned goblins.

This is from them though (Mail Sport is the Daily Mail's people, their Twitter says as much).
That is the point that stood out for me. A "source close to the family said there holding out for that 10billion." That is a very specific number and very specific year (2025).

The Glazer's have told you ( as the family friend) alot then.

Redfrog

The stadium isn’t a joke,

Youth team is doing well.

Women’s team has started strong.

We won a trophy last year and have a great squad.
You are deluded.

The club has been a joke for 10 years.

We are Disneyland.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
But is The Mail on Sunday not the same?

If it is the same publication. Would they not check with Keegan, seen as they write for the same paper?

Yes it's the same publication, both owned by the Daily Mail but they have different editorial staff and journalists. I believe there's some journos like Sami Mokbel who will write for both but Keegan doesn't as far as I know.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Anyone who thinks things are going well at the club is genuinely deluded. Made the mistake of engaging with it but no point with some people.

Devil You Know

But the Jassim bid is state backed. They should be easily be able to meet any asking price from the Glazers. Only way they wouldn't, is if they're private bidders.

glasgow 21

Anyone who thinks things are going well at the club is genuinely deluded. Made the mistake of engaging with it but no point with some people.
Agreed, but deluded is being kind. If anyone also thinks that this club's support is going to last another 2 decades with current levels of achievement they are in need of mental health meds. This world is ran on what happens in the last 5 mins. The pendulum is swinging to players and not clubs. If we don't get back to competitive levels then kids will not grow up in United tops plain and simple.

Paranoid Android

It's unfortunately getting to the point, for me, where I'd actually prefer us to be very unsuccessful and perform terribly over the next two seasons (or however long it'll take) to increase the likelihood that they'll sell.

Yorke to Cole

There is a significant fianance journalist to listen to and (I keep forgetting) and that is Mark Kleinman. He has not said anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.