Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jadaba

I feel bad for the old man protesting there. It's a perfect exhibit of how illogical whattaboutism is, it seeks to only shut down conversation and is not driven by any sincere concern for the issues on the other side of 'what about ...'

He literally states he believes the UK is guilty of crimes in its foreign policy actions and that he protested it all, only to still somehow be met with 'but what about the UK foreign policy actions?' and 'what about the food banks?' You can, as in his case, protest against Saudi govt and against the UK govt, and still be accused of a raging bias towards one of them.

SmallCaine

This is what most people are they just do it for their governments and countries. Go to any thread on colonial ills on here, same lot defending Saudis in the video will also defend colonial acts of Europe with yes they were bad but..... they already happily defend shitty policies and disgusting acts now they would be doing it for middle east as well as Europe and America.

Andy_Cole

This is what most people are they just do it for their governments and countries. Go to any thread on colonial ills on here, same lot defending Saudis in the video will also defend colonial acts of Europe with yes they were bad but.....
Watch out. Whataboutism police will turn up.

RedUnited86

Big marching protests, late entry into games etc does nothing. Ticketing revenue is still there, whether you're on time or not. Time and time again these bastards have shown the only thing they truly care about is the bottom line.

I'd love to see what an organised and sustained mass boycott of every single club revenue stream could achieve.

It's too late now - but start with season tickets and attending all games. There's 50,000 holders on a match day. See how major sponsors react when Old Trafford is only 25% - 30% full week in week out. And when the club are not selling any shirts, of which most of the money goes to these sponsors. See how the Glazers handle companies either significantly reducing what they're willing to pay us, or moving on entirely as they no longer see the club as providing a return on their investment.

It'll never happen of course. There's an appetite to see the Glazers go, but I don't think that same appetite is there if it means inconveniencing yourself for a period of time in order for them to finally get the message.

Last edited:

croadyman

Big marching protests, late entry into games etc does nothing. Ticketing revenue is still there, whether you're on time or not. Time and time again these bastards have shown the only thing they truly care about is the bottom line.

I'd love to see what an organised and sustained mass boycott of every single club revenue stream could achieve.

It's too late now - but start with season tickets and attending all games. There's 50,000 holders on a match day. See how major sponsors react when Old Trafford is only 25% - 30% full week in week out. And when the club are not selling any shirts, of which most of the money goes to these sponsors. See how the Glazers handle companies either significantly reducing what they're willing to pay us, or moving on entirely as they no longer see the club as providing a return on their investment.

It'll never happen if course. There's an appetite there to see the Glazers go, but I don't think that same appetite is there if it means inconveniencing yourself for a period of time in order for them to finally get the message.
That last paragraph sums up people's dilemma

croadyman

Multiple sources have said that the parasites have thick skins and being 4000 mile away coccooned from whats happening here, so basically dont give a feck about protests. I reckon when the Liverpool game got abandoned thats the only time it hurt them, in the pocket of course.
Yeah wish there were some MUFC protestors willing to infiltrate Tampa Bay games

NextSeason

From the banks of the Irwell, to Sicily..
Peaceful protests don’t seem to be working. Hurting revenue is too hard to achieve. The only thing that I think will force the Glazers to think properly about selling is having matches being disrupted…

What would happen if thousands of fans stormed the pitch for continuous home games?

Sancho99

Peaceful protests don’t seem to be working. Hurting revenue is too hard to achieve. The only thing that I think will force the Glazers to think properly about selling is having matches being disrupted…

What would happen if thousands of fans stormed the pitch for continuous home games?
I mentioned this. It wouldn't even have to be thousands but a few hundred would cause problems. Police wouldn't be able to handle it and games would be postponed. If it happened multiple times then games may get played behind closed doors. They wouldn't be able to ban and arrest everyone.

Infra-red

These are people with jobs and mortgages and families. The police cracked down hard after the Liverpool protest - that was a perfect storm and there's no way we will see that kind of disruption again in the short term, not when those involved are risking getting their front doors kicked in by the GMP and potentially criminal records. That's life derranging stuff and simply isn't worth it.

FujiVice

82 year old man who just recovered from a brain haemorrhage, and Richard Keys is asking him to join the protests.

Someone

Something
Sir Alex doesn't owe us anything. He understood from day one that he can't control who owns the club, but he didn't want to be a source of disruption himself. He got on with his job and kept us successful. How is he to know now that the new owners would be better for the club? He's in his 80s and he shouldn't be pulled into this.

Pes6Monster

This (NUFC supporters) is what we risk becoming. Embarrassing
We are already there, Wumminator.

Let's be honest. Just look at the quality of the pro-sportswash quotes on this forum.

You may treat the video as our future.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout

The chairs of the other 19 premier league clubs would see fan power as a threat to themselves too. They would vote unanimously to relegate us for not fulfilling out fixtures. And I wouldn't assume the football league would just let us back in their top tier either, whose place would we take?

I get the passion but it's a dumb idea.

Chumpsbechumps

82 year old man who just recovered from a brain haemorrhage, and Richard Keys is asking him to join the protests.
Exactly this, the absolute lack of common sense and self important drivel from Keyes never ceases to amaze me.

Richard Keyes is on Bein because he’s a sun newspaper kind of talking knob who spews out absolute donkey sh*t most of the time. Everytime I see him I want somebody to show up near him and slap him on the face with a wet, stinking fish.

The Law of Denis

People need to leave Sir Alex alone. He's 82, let him enjoy his retirement. Has he not done enough for the club? He won everything for us, what else does he owe? Jesus. What an idiot Keys is.

Marcelinho87

Meh it's partly SAF we are lumped with these twats.

He also said the Glazers had been great for the club.

Legend of the club but doesn't make him immune from criticism.

laughtersassassin

I've never really bought into that. Sure he is the reason the last owners sold but we easily could have ended up with better owners as well.

It's not SAFs fault that they sold to the Glazers. He had no say in that.

seasidedaz

If fans take a look around the internet they can find with ease of what Blackpool fans did in the end it was hard to do but it was done. Yes United are a much bigger club with a much bigger fan base I get that BUT if all fans were on the same page you would be surprised at what could be be done even blackpool fans walked down bloomfield road with a casket and that was awful to watch in the sheer silence And also this was done legally because keeping it legal is the right thing to do.

spwd

100% agree with you. I believe if he did come out and say they need to go it would have a massive affect.
To those saying don't get him involved in the protests, we're not asking him to run on the fecking pitch every game or hold a banner outside the stadium :rolleyes:

Moriarty

People need to leave Sir Alex alone. He's 82, let him enjoy his retirement. Has he not done enough for the club? He won everything for us, what else does he owe? Jesus. What an idiot Keys is.
Fergie has already given his opinion of the Glazers. They are "great owners." The time when Fergie could have influenced the outcome of the leveraged buyout is long past. He picked his side and he has stayed with it ever since. Doesn't matter what Keyes says. The suggestion that Fergie could or would jump up on the barricades is silly.

goalscholes

Fergie has already given his opinion of the Glazers. They are "great owners." The time when Fergie could have influenced the outcome of the leveraged buyout is long past. He picked his side and he has stayed with it ever since. Doesn't matter what Keyes says. The suggestion that Fergie could or would jump up on the barricades is silly.
He’s a union man, through and through. He’ll battle to the end to win personally against his enemies and remain loyal to those who have remained loyal to him.

But organisational performance otherwise isn’t that important.

sponsors dont pay for empty stadiums though, the matchday game is the ultimate product
The real way to force the Glaziers hands is to go for the sponsors. Protests that threaten to impact any sponsor’s bottom line would slowly impact the commercial future of the club.

It’s likely that performance would have to suffer though for a few years before they finally give in.

clarkydaz

The real way to force the Glaziers hands is to go for the sponsors. Protests that threaten to impact any sponsor’s bottom line would slowly impact the commercial future of the club.

It’s likely that performance would have to suffer though for a few years before they finally give in.
And thats exactly what Arnold said in the pub to the 1958 guys

redNATION

Thing is, he looks fairly pissed off every game we play given how poor we’ve been since he retired, and he also got to see the “noisy neighbours” equal his crowning achievement last season. All brought about by the Glazers so if he doesn’t like what he’s seeing then speak up rather than looking grim and shaking head at games, he’s one of the few fans in a position to do something about it.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Thing is, he looks fairly pissed off every game we play given how poor we’ve been since he retired, and he also got to see the “noisy neighbours” equal his crowning achievement last season. All brought about by the Glazers so if he doesn’t like what he’s seeing then speak up rather than looking grim and shaking head at games, he’s one of the few fans in a position to do something about it.
Tbf that's just his normal look

Moriarty

He’s a union man, through and through. He’ll battle to the end to win personally against his enemies and remain loyal to those who have remained loyal to him.

But organisational performance otherwise isn’t that important.
This is true. He was all of that as a young man and on into middle age. I'll get in trouble for saying this but I think Fergie loved money and began hanging out with the Coolmore crowd, as well as members of Blair's cabinet. I'll dispute the last sentence of yours because Fergie went to Harvard business school, wrote a book on management/leadership, and - if you want to put it bluntly - care very deeply about organizational performance. Just my two bob's worth. I've nothing against our greatest manager. He might have done more to stop the buyout but Gill had the better position to resist.

Hoof the ball

Isn't it rather curious that Richard Keys, speaking on BEIN Sports, a Qatari-owned network of stations, is remonstrating against the Glazers holding up the deal to the Qatari's?

SAF or not; this speech by Keys is clearly originating from the Qatari's themselves.

Victorian values

Supports
Linfield
I mentioned this. It wouldn't even have to be thousands but a few hundred would cause problems. Police wouldn't be able to handle it and games would be postponed. If it happened multiple times then games may get played behind closed doors. They wouldn't be able to ban and arrest everyone.
The first time it happened those involved would be in court within a couple of days, banning orders and possible 6 months in Strangeways (the CCTV in the ground will be enough for a prosecution as the club will be able to trace you through seat number and address of who "owns" the seat).
They're seats could then be sold on a game by game basis INCREASING revenue for the owners (especially as individual matchgoing fans are going to spend more in the ground than season ticket holders).
Those thinking about entering the field of play in the next games will VERY quickly decide that losing their job, house and ability to go to games isn't worth it.

edgecutter

That last paragraph sums up people's dilemma
People have paid for their ticket and for a lot of them it is something that they enjoy doing on the weekend. It's easy for us who don't have season tickets to tell fans to stop going to games

fezzerUTD

It’s all big brothered up they would get a knock on their door at some point afterwards.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Is it so unrealistic to get OT empty for a game/few games? Surely with a mass campaign on social media etc it’s possible. Banners outside the ground. Certainly shouldn’t be hard to mobilise all season ticket holders for example?
Yes it’s unrealistic, no it’s not possible, yes it would be extremely hard to mobilise all season ticket holders.

Status
Not open for further replies.