Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yorke to Cole

Well, at this point, I want us to miss the CL next season. Seems like we're not being sold any time soon if any modicum of respect is retained by this once football club that's just a vehicle for some cnuts from across the ocean to earn money
I thought you were one of the ones optimistic of a sale soon?

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I thought you were one of the ones optimistic of a sale soon?
Well, not really. Just realistically they have to sell but can also hold on for a couple of years if they decide to be stubborn.

You can say I'm optimistic they'll sell within 3 years but it might be quite a few long seasons

CtRafidah

Serves us united fans right. Still think its a vanity project? still going on championing some loose morale causes? Hahahaha. now look at how shambolic this club has been poisoned by those yanks. Well at least its still worth 10billion.

cyberman

Personally tired of top 4 struggle every year. Bring in Qatar. They need to do a purge from top to bottom. No former players or people who know the club crap anymore.
Not even sure it’s a struggle with top 5 more or less in play now.
Shaping up to be a really excitement free season for everyone behind City

C'est Moi Cantona

Not even sure I want us to have any positivity with our football before the takeover is done.

The Glazers going is by far the most important thing right now.

philippexyz

Maybe we'll really need to fall to midtable before Glazers finally sell this depreciating asset. I don't what else could force them. Need to fall to (only)potentially rise again. There's no other way.

Zora

Not even sure I want us to have any positivity with our football before the takeover is done.

The Glazers going is by far the most important thing right now.
I’ve said this for ages but people were too focused on winning the Top 4 Cup.

We need to finish as low as possible this season and get spanked in the cups otherwise it’s just putting a kid’s plaster on a huge gaping wound.

C'est Moi Cantona

I’ve said this for ages but people were too focused on winning the Top 4 Cup.

We need to finish as low as possible this season and get spanked in the cups otherwise it’s just putting a kid’s plaster on a huge gaping wound.
If I thought this was the difference between the Glazers selling and not selling then I'd agree, but it's not going to be.

I'm just in the frame of mind that I don't really care about the football until this is sorted, not that I think what goes on with us on the pitch is actually going to make any difference, other than fanning the flames of anger with the fans, but alot will just focus this on Ten Hag anyway.

Dr. StrangeHate

Not even sure it’s a struggle with top 5 more or less in play now.
Shaping up to be a really excitement free season for everyone behind City
Ok anger is gone now, I don't know what the solution is but it has been 10 years and I don't see anything changing without a change in ownership. It isn't possible that all our managers or players since the past 10 years are s***. There is something more going on.

putzmcgee123

Ok anger is gone now, I don't know what the solution is but it has been 10 years and I don't see anything changing without a change in ownership. It isn't possible that all our managers or players since the past 10 years are s***. There is something more going on.
No doubt. The issues go far beyond players and managers. Now the club is being held for ransom in a hostage situation. It would almost be easier to deal with the results on the pitch had the Glazers not made the public announcement...just business as usual instead of being given false hope and suffering through this saga.

McTerminator

This is honestly the only possible explanation. Needs to be realised by everyone.

Roboc7

There is no hope until they go, this will be another lost season under the Glazers and sadly good chance it’s not the last one.

Acquire Me

Glazers need to go. The club is just to commercial with little focus on the football side of business. Look at Brighton and see how they work.

El Zoido

The manager and the players are scapegoats far too often. They’re not faultless but every successful club has a fully functioning core structure. We are absolute chaos.

DownRiver

You guys need to save yourselves any heartbreak, Utd won’t excel without selling the club.

Winning mentality comes from the top.

Yorke to Cole

No doubt. The issues go far beyond players and managers. Now the club is being held for ransom in a hostage situation. It would almost be easier to deal with the results on the pitch had the Glazers not made the public announcement...just business as usual instead of being given false hope and suffering through this saga.
Is there no hope now of any sort of takeover resolution?

For what it is worth, I can't see United finishing in the. top 5. I am not sure where the next win is coming from. We can't score goals and are conceding too many. Question marks over the keeper, we have no width on the right. I think we have untold problems.

There is no extended Champions league format coming here mate.

Cantona in disguise

A change would be nice but I'm not sure it will have the dramatic effect some people hope for.
Not straight away of course. This club needs a new structure. They are so far behind the times. Until that happens nothing will change. This lot out and a decent owner with a plan and united will be back in the next 5 years.

Andy_Cole

Take me back to feb 2023
Beat Barca
Beat City
Win the league cup
On for the quadruple
Qatar on brink of buying us
Mbappe and Kane lined up in the summer

Acquire Me

Not straight away of course. This club needs a new structure. They are so far behind the times. Until that happens nothing will change. This lot out and a decent owner with a plan and united will be back in the next 5 years.
I think we can be great in less time than 5 years. But I agree with you on everything else.

The Irish Connection

A change would be nice but I'm not sure it will have the dramatic effect some people hope for.
It might not effect things on the pitch for a while, you’re right. We need to employ a top quality DoF too and get way better at recruitment.. but the issue is the debt repayments, dividends and stadium/training ground.
We want owners who put money in not take it out, and do everything possible for the club to succeed on the pitch.

MegadrivePerson

Is it time to restart the green and gold campaign again? See if we can get every fan to wear either a green or yellow shirt with a green and yellow scarf for a big home game?

Cantona in disguise

I think we can be great in less time than 5 years. But I agree with you on everything else.
Yeah I agree probably less but they would come in hopefully with a 5/10 year plan for the structure and improvements to club and facilities. Fingers crossed it happens.

Irishman

Is it time to restart the green and gold campaign again? See if we can get every fan to wear either a green or yellow shirt with a green and yellow scarf for a big home game?
Its a sign of madness to do exactly the same thing you've done before and expect a different outcome. Clearly the answer is No.

ShamrockD

Supports
Panathinaikos
Manchester United is the most popular club in the world. There are over 250 Manchester United Clubs globally.

We live in the era of information, social media, where just a hashtag can spread like a virus.

And still, only the 1958 group is trying to organize protests and at least doing something against the Glazers? Forgive me if I am missing someone else, but this is unacceptable.

Fans will never stop going to Old Trafford, empty stadiums will not work since the club is so popular. They will never stop buying and giving money to the club. The only solution that I see is a global organized cooperation of all clubs all over the world. The fact that you participate to a club means that you are not just a tourist casual fan, but you follow this team and everything around it and you will surely share the hate for the Glazers.

All clubs should come together and bring more people in and brainstorm. I am not an expert on social media, but it would not hurt to have the Glazersout as a first hashtag every week on Twitter. Next, let's find all the industries and companies that are under Glazers' ownership and spread the word on boycotting and giving bad reviews. The American fans could even "peacefully" protest near the Glazers' neighbourhoods. Something needs to start. We have two pending offers (does not matter which one each person prefers), so now is the time. Imagine if both of them withdrew from the process. When are we going to find a better moment than this? When the club is in a bad state, away from titles, it helps creating a momentum. If, miraculously, we won another big title, the Glazers will never leave and the current tumultuous period will not be presented again as an opportunity.

Excuse me for the above rant, but I am dissapointed. I expected from the fans much more now that we have a golden opportunity.

I have made a similar post a couple of months ago for my team in Greece, Panathinaikos. We were facing severe issues with ownership for the past decases and we still are. But, 15 years ago an opportunity was presented to us as well. A part of the club was sold, following multiple protests and pressure but unfortunately due to various reasons which would require another topic, things did not end well. However, do you know what the fans did? The biggest protest in the history perhaps of sports in Europe. Between 30.000-40.000 fans protested in the middle of Athens against the ownership during the time the club played a game. It was a proud moment since I was there, since at least I tried to do something for the club; irrelevant of how things shaped in the future. This was a time when internet was not that popular, we were even trying to organize protests via SMS messages and leaflets. And we are talking about a team which cannot even imagine the popularity of United.

What are we doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.