Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedUnited86

I'm sure someone as powerful as Jim could hire a hitman for less than £1.4 billion. Obviously joking before I get banned and police smash down my door.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
A United deal being delayed? Shock, horror and compete surprise from my side.

It's quite funny how at the start of this a lot of (including myself) were saying this is a different type of deal and not our usual football one. And yet, we've ended with (proportionally) similar saga in terms of the time and embarrassment incompetence aspect :lol: .

Wheato

I'm hearing rumours that Sheikh Jassim's bid was not as bona fide as they made out. He only had direct access to 3bn and the rest was going to be from lenders. Ineos had 4.5bn in their bank account to spend right now.

This also tallies with the due diligence from their bid for Chelsea. Same amount of money.

This is why the Glazers needed PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaifi to vouch for Sheikh Jassim, because his numbers didn't stack up.

Obviously, they are going to spin a different story to save face, but their bid now seems to be a bit pie in the sky.

Ineos are still intent on full control of the club, but it will be in stages and the reason for that will become apparent when we see the 3pm blackout scrapped and AR introduced to football.

Rightnr

I'm hearing rumours that Sheikh Jassim's bid was not as bona fide as they made out. He only had direct access to 3bn and the rest was going to be from lenders. Ineos had 4.5bn in their bank account to spend right now.

This also tallies with the due diligence from their bid for Chelsea. Same amount of money.

This is why the Glazers needed PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaifi to vouch for Sheikh Jassim, because his numbers didn't stack up.

Obviously, they are going to spin a different story to save face, but their bid now seems to be a bit pie in the sky.

Ineos are still intent on full control of the club, but it will be in stages and the reason for that will become apparent when we see the 3pm watershed scrapped and AR introduced to football.
Are you connected in the industry or is this Twitter 'sources'?

Woziak

The debt hasn't drastically increased, and we have signed on key sponsors. We spend 150-200m every summer, even in periods of FFP austerity it seems. I strongly doubt that changes.
It changes because of FSP which was launched this summer. It changes for all clubs unless you have £1 billion turnover and no debt you can’t do Ex what you want anymore, wages going down with Saudi pro league is just a pipe dream?

Woziak

Ineos are still intent on full control of the club, but it will be in stages and the reason for that will become apparent when we see the 3pm blackout scrapped and AR introduced to football.
3pm blackout at earliest 2029 that’s a long time in Football, we might be in the championship by then !

Rightnr

3pm blackout at earliest 2029 that’s a long time in Football, we might be in the championship by then !
You know the Glazers will be pricing that additional revenue at 0% discount rate in their valuation though :lol:

Tarrou

this deal doesn't appear to make a whole lot of sense on the surface, does it?

something tells me there's gonna be more twists and turns before we get a resolution

Nogbadthebad

The Ineos bid is financed.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I assume you are being sarcastic, but also worth noting, for the record, that Sheikh Jassim is

1. The chairman of Qatar's largest bank
2. His daddy Sheikh Hamad bin Jassim bin Jaber bin Mohammed bin Thani Al Thani (or shortly HBJ) was formerly Qatar's foreign minister, prime minister, and also chairman if the sovereign wealth fund being referred to
3. HBJ's older brother, and Sheikh Jassim's uncle is Jassim bin Mohammed Al Thani, the founder of modern Qatar
Just to correct your factual inaccuracies:
1. Qatar National Bank is by far the largest bank in Qatar, Jassim has no role there.
He is the chairman of the much smaller QIB.
2. This is correct and HBJ personal wealth is a possible source of money for the bid
3. That bloke died over a century ago, he's not the brother of HBJ

But I agree that this is all pretty meaningless now if they have actually walked away from the deal, just a shame that the best deal for the future of the club is apparently off the table.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
this deal doesn't appear to make a whole lot of sense on the surface, does it?

something tells me there's gonna be more twists and turns before we get a resolution
Absolutely - so many questions need answering about this minority bid and sounds like it is far from the done deal some media sources were suggesting

Woziak

They've already sold a huge stake though and where were the protests then? They own 67%, gave 2% to Woody and the 31% to various investors.

This time they're selling not just a stake, but a significant portion of control with it as well. It's a very different situation and signals the beginning of the end of their reign.

Just over a year ago, the very idea of a Glazer free United was little more than blind hope. As fans we misunderstood the early stages of the sale process and came to believe a full sale was an option but the reality is that it never was at this stage, and that became very clear early in the process.

The options were continued Glazer ownership with full control, or reduced Glazer ownership with reduced control. The big question now is how big the reduction is, what the next steps are and ultimately, what the end game is.

The Glazers got involved when Sir Alex retired. If the first thing we get with Ratcliffe is that they return to their Sir Alex era type ownership, then it can only be a positive. Our biggest issues haven't been the Glazers owning us, they've owned us during arguably our most successful period ever. It was the Glazers running us.
I’ll think your find Woodward has only 0.05% of voting class B shares, they own 113m collectively from 164m shares issues which is 51m Class A shares which is 68.9% so normally rounded up to 69%

hitthegoalpost

I've been with work this past week, can someone fill me in briefly.

I know Jassim has pulled out and that Ineos are potentially buying a 25% stake but what does this actually mean?

Will Sir Jim have overall control of the club?
Will the Glazers still be in control?
Who will be pulling the strings at the club?

I'm trying to get my head around it.

Woziak

You know the Glazers will be pricing that additional revenue at 0% discount rate in their valuation though :lol:
No they will say the club valuation is now £10 billion because we allowed you to use your company credit covenant to build a new stadium for our club where we now wish to renegotiate as the club turnover and value has gone up exponentially so therefore ;

1. Assume new value requested by the Glazers is £8.5 billion and Ineos originally paid £1.5 billion plus invested £500m on debt repayment and squad enhancement.

2. Ineos have agreed to pay £2billion with debt restructure and squad improvements but their investment is covered by the increase in capital value of the club.

3. The Glazers agree to sell their remaining 75% of their class B shares which is now 84.75m to INEOS they can demand £6.38 billion or $75 per share, this is how deluded they are, but they actually believe that the 3pm black out being removed in 2029 will increase the value to these levels, ludicrous!

Rightnr

Nice having to suspend some of their players as well but for a different matter.

Cloud7

Surely with only one bidder left the Glazers don’t still need to deliberate on this

lostcauz

Why wasn’t the Qatar interest dismissed straight away at the beginning of the process if that was the case?
The reason Ineos have had to go for a minority bid is because of the legal challenge of a better bid for all class A and B shareholders.
You’re saying Ineos have the money to buy controlling stock from anywhere between 51-69% but rather buy in instalments.
The Qatar bid does sound a bit all over the place but you don’t get 11 months into a process for no reason.

alexanderplatz

outsourcing football operations but holding onto the purse strings is classic. If ineos make the club more successful then the glazers will demand more money even though they did nothing. Seems an odd incentive for ineos

Tarrou

I've been with work this past week, can someone fill me in briefly.

I know Jassim has pulled out and that Ineos are potentially buying a 25% stake but what does this actually mean?

Will Sir Jim have overall control of the club?
Will the Glazers still be in control?
Who will be pulling the strings at the club?

I'm trying to get my head around it.
nobody knows the details for 100% sure yet

but I think the general plan is Jim to take 25% now and work towards full control in the future

Rightnr

outsourcing football operations but holding onto the purse strings is classic. If ineos make the club more successful then the glazers will demand more money even though they did nothing. Seems an odd incentive for ineos
Probably what's causing the delay.

Whatever your opinion of Ratcliffe, he won't just waste his money, so that some nepo kids can fleece him for more further down the line.

Rightnr

Levy doesn’t have full control. He was told by Lewis to sell Kane or sign him up on a new contract. Was not allowed to let him run his contract down.
EtH (and probably Murtough) wanted Kane and were told no by Arnold and Glazers. Very comparable.

Andy_Cole

Why wasn’t the Qatar interest dismissed straight away at the beginning of the process if that was the case?
The reason Ineos have had to go for a minority bid is because of the legal challenge of a better bid for all class A and B shareholders.
You’re saying Ineos have the money to buy controlling stock from anywhere between 51-69% but rather buy in instalments.
The Qatar bid does sound a bit all over the place but you don’t get 11 months into a process for no reason.
Maybe Qatar was used to get the max from the Rat

astracrazy

"I'm hearing rumours"
You mean you just read it on twitter

"He only had direct access to 3bn and the rest was going to be from lenders"
Why would that matter to the Glazers?

"Ineos had 4.5bn in their bank account to spend right now"
False, their own financial report states cash at 2.6M. No company is going to have billions in cash sitting in a bank account. It well known SJR is borrowing money to do this, which is meant to be covered by Ineos.

Lyng

So according to some posters here it was due to incompetence that Qatar couldnt make a deal with the Glazers....so does that go for Jim now as well, or might people be waking up the idea that dealing with the parasites is a nightmare?

Pes6Monster

So according to some posters here it was due to incompetence that Qatar couldnt make a deal with the Glazers....so does that go for Jim now as well, or might people be waking up the idea that dealing with the parasites is a nightmare?
It really is incompetence from Qatar they couldn't use state funds to buy United. Incredible incompetence which was precipitated by their talking up investments to woo supporters. Serious incompetence.

Ratcliffe ironing out these 'final details', even if he is unsuccesful, doesn't change that.

FujiVice

At least we know one of them exists.

macheda14

Why is this here?
Because our potential new owner also owns Nice so it’s interesting to see how they manage another club.

What did he post?
He shared a video where a Palestinian preacher asked god to send ‘a black day on the Jews’ which is quite overt antisemitism.

There have been players getting suspended for more nuanced protests against the Israel state, which has been awful. This is pretty bad on the players part.

Status
Not open for further replies.