Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Seems odd that we'd put an interim in place. Why not just leave Arnold until he is officially replaced? Must be more to that story.
pretty standard affair. arnold will be on gardening leave, getting fat stacks whilst we have no centre backs.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Seeing a lot of 'good riddance' style takes for Arnold.

From what I have seen he seems a pretty genuine guy and I do get the impression he cares about the club. He's made some feck-ups (mainly Greenwood and some transfers) but I don't really get the animosity.
I think it comes primarily from him being a Glazer / Woodward man. Much like Fellaini was forever tainted as a Moyes man.

MDFC Manager

Seems odd that we'd put an interim in place. Why not just leave Arnold until he is officially replaced? Must be more to that story.
Likely just a give and take between glazers and Jim. The latter may have wanted him out immediately

Brophs

The One and Only
Still, at least he got a nice holiday in Barcelona out of it the summer before last. Every cloud and all that….

Laurencio

CEO can vote on the board. Probably wanted someone who wouldn’t try to block the deal?

didz

Our failing enterprise is finally ready to enter it's next generation whoo!

Sorry.

SAF is the GOAT

If his replacement isn't Blanc or someone with that type of experience and ilk - I don't see this as positive. You don't replace cr@p with other cr@p.

Please humour me as to all the experience that Laurent Blanc has to lead as CEO of a mega-corporation.

I'm genuinely interested to hear this. Not really.
I'm referring to Jean Claude Blanc - Former Juve and PSG CEO

Last edited:

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
This confirms, Kleinman has the Manchester United Board brief. He has been spot on with all this 'strategic review process' information.

He needs to tell us about, how/when Ratcliffe will get full ownership.

MattofManchester

If his replacement isn't Blanc or someone with that type of experience and ilk - I don't see this as positive. You don't replace cr@p with other cr@p.
Please humour me as to all the experience that Laurent Blanc has to lead as CEO of a mega-corporation.

Woziak

Arnold apparently voted against the INEOS bid, completely untenable If true, Patrick Stewart as interim which means he won’t see out more than 3 months than go back to his original post but sets a precedent for Sir Jim’s Minority buy in.

He just needs to rubber stamp their buy in then we need an interview. As much as most of us are not keen, we need to hear him out and the one thing about Sir Jim us is that he likes to talk and he’s always prepared to be open as well as candid with his ideas.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Interim is never a word that I like to hear, it always worries me.

aeh1991

You clearly haven't followed the recent news, have you? We are talking about Jean Claude Blanc, the INEOS sport CEO.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Seeing a lot of 'good riddance' style takes for Arnold.

From what I have seen he seems a pretty genuine guy and I do get the impression he cares about the club. He's made some feck-ups (mainly Greenwood and some transfers) but I don't really get the animosity.
Caf loves scapegoating

padzilla

Hipster
Arnold's is a strange sort of legacy, he presided over Ten Hag and our first trophy in five years - also the 80m plus signing of Antony and the shameful weaseling attempt to bring Greenwood back.

SuperiorXI

Arnold was always a money man, no experience as CEO of a football club/sporting venture. Have no ill will towards him as it was the Glazers who put him in the position he was not equipped for.

padzilla

Hipster
With Picard in charge will we make a play for Benjamin Sesko? To play as a false deep space 9? There will no doubt be a bigger role for Data analysis as well.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
[
This confirms, Kleinman has the Manchester United Board brief. He has been spot on with all this 'strategic review process' information.

He needs to tell us about, how/when Ratcliffe will get full ownership.
Ye he is a top source unlike some of the other crap posted in here and that's because he's an actual finance journalist rather than Sports journalists who are usually out of their depth reporting on this kind of thing

Pes6Monster

With Picard at the helm, we can expect much better use of Data. Yes. We can also expect the signing of Benjamin Sesko as a future captain, so long as we make First Contact.

He's such a gem, hadar scouts only seen him sooner we'd be Miles better, and much better equipped to Bashir Nerys opposition. He hasn't a single quark to his game. Make no Bones about it.

Could go wrong and wind up sinking OT in the local Worf, but we must Kling-On to hope so The Next Generation can experience a new United, and not rely on the original series of legends.

(Supposed to be a reply to Padzilla)

Reactions: golden_blunder

padzilla

Hipster
With Picard at the helm, we can expect much better use of Data. Yes. We can also expect the signing of Benjamin Sesko as a future captain, so long as we make First Contact.

He's such a gem, hadar scouts only seen him sooner we'd be Miles better, and much better equipped to Bashir Nerys opposition. He hasn't a single quark to his game. Make no Bones about it.

Could go wrong and wind up sinking OT in the local Worf, but we must Kling-On to hope so The Next Generation can experience a new United, and not rely on the original series of legends.

(Supposed to be a reply to Padzilla)
The question remains if Stewart Khan make a difference as the Voyage Home from away games against main rivals recently has been fairly miserable. I guess with Ratcliffe's arrival imminent we are in Undiscovered Country.

If not, there could be a serious case of Insurrection. I guess all he can do is Troi his best.

Chumpsbechumps

After 11 years of abject failure from the glazers , any decision/appointment that’s not made by them is unlikely be any worse and offers me hope.

I really think that some people don’t understand how bad they have been at hamstringing the club. Not winning the league or champions league, given money spent is bad. But consistently struggle to even qualify for the CL or make even a meaningful challenge is entirely ALL on the glazers, not the managers.

Every single decision at the club , including managers and signings, is run by them. They consistently allowed the wrong strategy’s continue and the wrong people make decisions that have added to EVERY United manager failing.

Status
Not open for further replies.