Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
The only way ratcliffe earns any respect is if he goes and gets the absolute best available footballing people. We want the best DOF, best CEO, best recruitment/scouting networks. Absolute best in class in a footballing sense of the word. Thats the only way he gets any respect at this point. What he does with the structure of the club is the most important aspect of his takeover imo.

no more sentimentality. No more friends FC or ex United players getting jobs. Proven track records only. Go and raid the best people, test their resolves at current clubs. It’s a massive mess that’s going to take the top people to even begin to put it right.

He’s got to be utterly ruthless at this point.
And the new Messi whilst he's at it, right?

Woziak

The thread title really makes it seem like the INEOS announcement will not be until the new year, shortly after Arnold leaves his role.
They will officially announce next week, then there is a 6-8 week closing period where INEOS will have to pass SEC filing rules, then Directors Fit and Propers test. Any Director who buys more than 20% must also pass the UEFA and EPL tests.

The reality is if the CEO has fallen
On his sword, this deal is 95% done subject to final checks. Ratcliffe can most definitely instal a new DOF and CEO in January so Murtough and Fletcher will simply be reapplying for new positions within the new structure or Fletcher May stay as Technical Director and Murtourgh Will be sacked.

It’s also fair to assume that if Paul Mitchell is galavanting around Europe and South America making notes, then the transfer activity in January will mostly be without ETH knowledge and he will be given Players to work with from January that fit the need of the club not the need of the coach?

Tom Van Persie

No relation
From all the reports coming out lately it sounds like Arnold was in with Qatar and knew he was fecked if INEOS won

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
From all the reports coming out lately it sounds like Arnold was in with Qatar and knew he was fecked if INEOS won

Makes sense. The slackers thought they could pull wool over the sheep’s eyes with the Qataris. A more professional outfit like Ineos on the other hand would separate the wheat from the chafe very quickly and they already made it clear that the transfer business has been utterly poor.

SirMonteyne

Thanks to you, Manchester United maintained its top club status and commercial value despite not winning any trophies. Thank you for your service and good luck.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
They will officially announce next week, then there is a 6-8 week closing period where INEOS will have to pass SEC filing rules, then Directors Fit and Propers test. Any Director who buys more than 20% must also pass the UEFA and EPL tests.

The reality is if the CEO has fallen
On his sword, this deal is 95% done subject to final checks. Ratcliffe can most definitely instal a new DOF and CEO in January so Murtough and Fletcher will simply be reapplying for new positions within the new structure or Fletcher May stay as Technical Director and Murtourgh Will be sacked.

It’s also fair to assume that if Paul Mitchell is galavanting around Europe and South America making notes, then the transfer activity in January will mostly be without ETH knowledge and he will be given Players to work with from January that fit the need of the club not the need of the coach?
I don't really see this distinction between players that suit the club Vs players that suit the coach.

Paul Mitchell is an experienced Sporting Director. He will recruit players and a coach that can work together to realise a vision of football that he has.

IF it's the case that INEOS has decided to persevere with Ten Hag, Mitchell's recruitment will reflect that e.g., e's not going to start looking for De Jong types and end up with Casemiro.

Andy_Cole

Can't hate him (or Woodward really).

Both merely Glazer puppets. Both used as the scapegoat rather than the Glazers.

Let's see if this new direction will work now with Ratcliffe, I fear it will be more of the same though.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I don't really see this distinction between players that suit the club Vs players that suit the coach.

Paul Mitchell is an experienced Sporting Director. He will recruit players and a coach that can work together to realise a vision of football that he has.

IF it's the case that INEOS has decided to persevere with Ten Hag, Mitchell's recruitment will reflect that e.g., e's not going to start looking for De Jong types and end up with Casemiro.
He is an exeperienced scouting director and an inexperienced and underwhelming sporting director.

Last edited:

19Dan81

Or he backed the right horse if the horse is the one that removes the Glazers entirely in a 100% sale with a future of the investment it needs to be back at the top of world football in every department. The horse that wins in this sense isn't necessarily the wrong horse.

Utd lose in any situation that has the Glazers staying. Arnold backed what was best for Utd and not for his employer knowing first hand that his employer is the cause of all the issues. Now the Glazers have yes man in every board seat to push this minority investment through.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
say what you want about jim but we’re unbeaten under his stewardship.

cyberman

No idea mate.
Plus I swear he has admitted he posted self confessed bullshit for most of the muppetier nonsense but promised it’s really reliable now. Honest.
I’ll see if I can find it

Edit he’s basically slim lined his ability to bullshit better

You’re welcome to scroll through my twitter and watch as we go from posting totally wrong info in 2020 to gradually more and more correct through today. I happily stand by that journey of being completely wrong about everything at the start of all this.

He is an exeperienced scouting director and an experienced and underwhelming sporting director.
I actually agree with you. Mitchell's record isn't stellar. However, considering what we've had from John Murtough, just having an experienced person in the job should make a tremendous difference. Even with the way agents et al approach negotiation with the club.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Plus I swear he has admitted he posted self confessed bullshit for most of the muppetier nonsense but promised it’s really reliable now. Honest.
I’ll see if I can find it

Edit he’s basically slim lined his ability to bullshit better

You’re welcome to scroll through my twitter and watch as we go from posting totally wrong info in 2020 to gradually more and more correct through today. I happily stand by that journey of being completely wrong about everything at the start of all this.
Doesn’t necessarily make him wrong on this because he was at one point shite. It seems logical that over time he would gain better sources/information as his popularity grows.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins

Considering the Qatari bid publicly expressed commitment to bringing the club back to where it was, no chance they wanted to keep Arnold on. This guy is a spoofer.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Considering the Qatari bid publicly expressed commitment to bringing the club back to where it was, no chance they wanted to keep Arnold on. This guy is a spoofer.
It’s possible that they would give him some sort of role though if he agreed to help them.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Great to see signs of some change at last. Every sacking / resignation at senior level in the club is good news.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I actually agree with you. Mitchell's record isn't stellar. However, considering what we've had from John Murtough, just having an experienced person in the job should make a tremendous difference. Even with the way agents et al approach negotiation with the club.
If we have a choice, I wouldn't go for him because he has had a good chance and has done next to nothing outside of relying on a team built by his predecessor who had himself no clue about Football. The one thing that I will give him huge credit for is the signing of Clément, that one wasn't obvious and it was an excellent decision, but when it comes to building or improving the squad he seems to have no clue.

But then again, he doesn't have much experience in that role and is maybe still growing.

LordSpud

Why the feck would the Qataris have kept him in power anyway? New owners generally bring their own people, he was fecked regardless of who bought the club.
Maybe he really did care about the club and knew the only real way to get rid of the Glazers was the full sale to Qatar.

crossy1686

career ending
Maybe he really did care about the club and knew the only real way to get rid of the Glazers was the full sale to Qatar.
Possible I guess? I mean I would want them out also if it meant I got more autonomy to do things. I would imagine everything is incredibly slow and you’re marginalised under their stewardship.

cyberman

Doesn’t necessarily make him wrong on this because he was at one point shite. It seems logical that over time he would gain better sources/information as his popularity grows.
He wasn’t admitting he was wrong back then though? It’s the same spiel.
Same as Goldbridge. A lot of fans don’t know that there’s a video out there of him admitting he used fake twitter accounts trying to become a fake ITK.
The grifters just get better at it. It takes years and years to build up contacts like this but he does it within 2/3?
It’s not plausible in any way but people can believe what they want I suppose

If we have a choice, I wouldn't go for him because he has had a good chance and has done next to nothing outside of relying on a team built by his predecessor who had himself no clue about Football. The one thing that I will give him huge credit for is the signing of Clément, that one wasn't obvious and it was an excellent decision, but when it comes to building or improving the squad he seems to have no clue.

But then again, he doesn't have much experience in that role and is maybe still growing.
It goes back to the idea of 'best in class'. Mitchell isn't that. This is a job much higher than his record to date warrants. It's not the equivalent of Txiki going from Barcelona to City. Its a clear step up rather than a sideways move. However, the pros are he is a recognised face on the circuit and he has a degree of credibility our current staff don't have. Agents won't necessarily see him as a soft touch or someone who doesn't know the market. Plus he'll come with ideas instead of defaulting to/hiding behind the head coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.