g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Conor McGregor vs Floyd Mayweather | Again?

Zen

Cormac Mcgregor would probably spark Ricky Hatton out in his current state.

I'd love for this to happen, both of them to dance around until a silly points decision to Floyd, you know, the same thing he and Manny did to murder boxing only to wake up on Holiday the next week to buyrates of like 100k, because while people are dumb, they simply aren't that dumb, bankrupting most of the industry in the process since they've both given themselves "guaranteed" purses.

Make it so. Because that's what needs to happen to save these sports for these prima donnas.

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
The standard of boxing in MMA is pretty bad though, tons of examples to back that up.

Any way this would be a non contest, Mayweather beats him and possibly stops him

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
If it happened (I still don't think it will) I'd imagine McGregor's thinking is Mayweather hasn't knocked a fighter out in the ring in 6 years and you could argue he hasn't legitimately knocked one out in 9 years considering the Ortiz one wasn't exactly a "proper" knockout.

Realistically McGregor knows he would lose but it would be an exhibition fight, he wouldn't take any damage that he wouldn't expect to get in an MMA fight. Even if he got knocked out I'd be surprised if it was a brutal knock out. It's more money than he'd ever make in an MMA fight. a 25million purse is what Mayweather offered and then anything else on top of it such as sponsorship deals he could make a lot more in 1 fight than he would in the UFC.

I think they're both just using it to their advantage. Mayweather will probably come back against someone else and get 50-0 so is remaining relevant and is still the biggest name in boxing even though he's retired, Conor is using it as leverage for more money and to show the UFC he doesn't need them probably. It suits them both to be talking about each other. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if they had spoke about it with each other or through a mutual person they both know!
Got to strongly disagree with this. It's actually beneficial for Conor if there was a KO than not, the earlier the better, at that. The accumulative damage in boxing is insane compared to MMA and being duffed up non-stop for 12 rds (or for however long Mayweather wanted to make a mush of his face) is extremely dangerous.

We've seen what Diaz did to Conor with his boxing, and that's so many levels below what Floyd would be hitting him with that it's not even funny. Conor was slowed down considerably in the first fight with Diaz, and in the second had to pace himself at a workrate Floyd could generate for I don't even know how many rounds bearing in mind he wouldn't be getting hit at all and thus only outputting from his natural stamina reserve and not with a drain of his resources via punch absorption.

Conor would have absolutely no defence against Mayweather's punches and those jabs of his jar the heads of seasoned, top-class boxers. 100-200 unanswered blows to the head... Truthfully, the more I'm writing here, the more I'm thinking how the hell can this be sanctioned. It would be a horrible battering in the ring if they fought with boxing rules and Floyd was as serious about the bout as he is for one of his title defences. Conor would receive more damage in there than all his MMA fights combined to date. The angles, the ferocity, the output, the accuracy, the parries.. it would be an awful beating.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
In an open MMA contest between the two, I think Mayweather stands a considerably higher percentage chance than McGregor does in a boxing contest. A washed up, fat James Toney isn't the same as someone like Mayweather in close to physical peak fitness. Although the principle of taking out the lead leg of the boxer would be the same, executing it on someone so fast and nimble would be a lot harder. Plus, a boxer wearing those tiny gloves is almost fatally dangerous.

Floyd being trained in camp with Muay Thai (leg checking in particular) and takedown defence plus using dirty boxing is likely to be a proposition that carries a threat that shouldn't be summarily dismissed. Conor doesn't shoot, so to get the fight on the ground he'd have to be in clinch range, and in the pocket, I seriously think it's a toss up as just one of Mayweathers uppercuts has as much probability of ending the fight as one of McGregor's knees or elbow strikes.

This is all predicated on Mayweather being game to take a hit though.. if he's wincing after the first shin-wrap or foot to the forearm, then there'd be no chance for him.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Neither would stand a chance in the other's sport beyond landing a very lucky punch. Even ignoring the massive gulf in class between McGregor's and Mayweather's boxing, McGregor's instincts would be all wrong in a boxing fight. As for Mayweather in MMA, a few months of Muay Thai wouldn't be near enough to broaden his skillset to the point where he would survive. They're two ridiculously different sports that demand totally different skillsets, at which point you wonder why anyone would bother watching a nonsense crossover.

Also, I mentioned in the MMA thread that I think this freakshow would be bad for MMA in general. MMA is only just moving into the mainstream and has plenty of detractors who will happily attack it, as opposed to boxing which is long established in the mainstream. A circus fight like this would (I think) end with more criticism directed towards MMA than boxing.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Neither would stand a chance in the other's sport beyond landing a very lucky punch. Even ignoring the massive gulf in class between McGregor's and Mayweather's boxing, McGregor's instincts would be all wrong in a boxing fight. As for Mayweather in MMA, a few months of Muay Thai wouldn't be near enough to broaden his skillset to the point where he would survive. They're two ridiculously different sports that demand totally different skillsets, at which point you wonder why anyone would bother watching a nonsense crossover.

Also, I mentioned in the MMA thread that I think this freakshow would be bad for MMA in general. MMA is only just moving into the mainstream and has plenty of detractors who will happily attack it, as opposed to boxing which is long established in the mainstream. A circus fight like this would (I think) end with more criticism directed towards MMA than boxing.
Basically, this.

MoneyMay

Re striking in boxing compared to MMA: I don't think you can compare the two. Firstly, the range is completely different in MMA. You can't stand in the pocket because your opponent will most likely take you down and be in a great position to finish the fight. A boxer's stance would get killed with leg kicks in MMA, and even if you are close to your opponent, you'll most likely see an elbow/clinch. Also, due to the significant difference in distance between MMA and Boxing, that contributes to the "slow" punches, such as the overhand and wide hooks. Which boxers say they can see from a mile away. Striking in boxing is more elegant and technical (poetry in motion), but MMA striking will never be on that level due to the different mechanics.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
#

Good post but not sure about the bolded point.

Look at UFC events since 200:

200: 1million buys
201: 240,000 buys
202: 1.6million buys
203: 450,000 buys
204: Unknown (less than 300k according to Meltzer)
205 1.3million buys
206: 150k buys
207: 1.1mil buys

The numbers for the large part aren't overly better than most boxing cards really. I've said in both the boxing and UFC threads both are desperate to create interest in their sport outside of McGregor/Rousey/Mayweather. There's potential stars to do it in boxing and UFC but they don't seem to be pushing most of them.

Floy'ds jab at Dana underpaying fighters will probably piss him off a bit as well.
I'm speaking from the point of view that UFC is still very much in it's infancy. It's only just had it's first male and female global stars. Chuck and GSP were huge, as were many others but the level that Conor has taken it to is insane. The fact that it's probably the first time ever that a combat sport has ever had a global female star is insane on it's own. Everyone that comes next, comes on bigger cards. More fighters.

Over a 12 month period, Conor sold more PPV's than the entire UFC roster combined (3.5m, or 6.8m if a 15 month period is chosen). That's why he wants a bigger cut. Boxers get a bigger cut at the top level.

I'm with you on most of what you've countered with though.

The UFC has always been a collective bargaining system. They have many good fights across many weights on one card. If the system can be contained and we don't see the sprawling mess that boxing has become, it should only go from strength to strength. But we've got to be getting to the point where the athletes and not the words 'UFC' are the main draw. They'll have to be rewarded accordingly.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Re striking in boxing compared to MMA: I don't think you can compare the two. Firstly, the range is completely different in MMA. You can't stand in the pocket because your opponent will most likely take you down and be in a great position to finish the fight. A boxer's stance would get killed with leg kicks in MMA, and even if you are close to your opponent, you'll most likely see an elbow/clinch. Also, due to the significant difference in distance between MMA and Boxing, that contributes to the "slow" punches, such as the overhand and wide hooks. Which boxers say they can see from a mile away. Striking in boxing is more elegant and technical (poetry in motion), but MMA striking will never be on that level due to the different mechanics.
Some martial arts also place more emphasis on single strikes rather than combinations as they naturally take the idea of multiple opponents into account. A fighter whose striking style is adapted from that sort of background is bound to be less suited to Boxing than a fighter whose background comes directly from Boxing, I'd have thought.

Zen

Counture/Tito/Chuck came and went, GSP/Silva came while Brock brought the freakshow element to elevate it, Jones GOATed and WOATed it up, then a Ronda/Conor era exploded it....it's insane how Dana effortlessly creates stars in the game, but I think whoever said it was the right time to let some of it go was probably right, I think it's near a peak, for pulling power and deepness of the roster. Doesn't help the fighters correctly want more too, and will most certainly get it, and more power too. Leading to them being prima donnas like in Boxing once they get to the top, picking and ducking until the "time"(money) is right....and they just dance around and hug for 5 rounds instead.

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
Very good post

Classical Mechanic

I accept his criminal history but I don't think it defines him, plus he's served his sentence and moved on in life I'd like to think he should be afforded this, that's the point of a criminal justice system.

Certain celebrities who have domestic violence charges aren't reminded of their history any time their name is mentioned (Sean Penn, Sean Connery, John Lennon, Michael Fassbender - just to name a few) therefore their reputation doesn't continue to get tarnished.

Other celebrities (Chris Brown, Mel Gibson off the top of my head) don't get that luxury and Mayweather is the same.

Plus I think McGregor has adopted Mayweather's persona, gravitas, extravagance or whatever you want to call it and flaunts his wealth in very much the same way, but doesn't get the same negative press for it.

It's a shame but it appears as though Mayweather is known for his wealth and criminal history more than his boxing achievements which is sad because at his peak he really was an amazing boxer.
Mayweather is a serial abuser of multiple women and refuses to admit that he ever did anything wrong. He doesn't deserve any sympathy or understanding but he still gets adulation and respect from a lot of people. It just isn't true that he ever got a hard time for it either. Only during the build up to the right with Manny did a few reporters even question him about it. Type in 'Mayweather' and 'abuse' into Google and the first article is from CNN 'why do we ignore Mayweather's domestic abuse'.

Dr Dre admitted and expressed remorse for abusing women in his past so I can see why he should be allowed to move on. Not seeing it with Floyd though.

Last edited:

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Mayweather is a serial abuser of multiple women and refuses to admit that he ever did anything wrong. He doesn't deserve any sympathy or understanding but he still gets adulation and respect from a lot of people. It just isn't true that he ever got a hard time for it either. Only during the build up to the right with Manny did a few reporters even question him about it. Type in 'Mayweather' and 'abuse' into Google and the first article is from CNN 'why do we ignore Mayweather's domestic abuse'.

Dr Dre admitted and expressed remorse for abusing women in his past so I can see why he should be allowed to move on. Not seeing it with Floyd though.
Same for Lennon & Connery - with regards to admitting to it and showing no remorse, and i'm sure there's plenty more examples too.
Also ironically Dr Dre only admitted fault because of the Straight Outta Compton backlash and the recent biopic featuring the woman who he repeatedly beat, before that he didn't care too much about it and actively made sure Straight Outta Compton didn't have any scenes that included his domestic abuse because it showed him in a negative light.
Chris Brown on the other hand has continued to show remorse (albeit his personality isn't to everyone's taste) but he continues to get negative press based on the one incident nearly 10 years ago now.

You could also argue that why does Mayweather need to show remorse? He's done his time, paid his dues and hasn't been arrested since 2011(?) almost 6 years ago. I'm pretty sure most people aren't the same as they were 6 years ago. So at some point everybody has to move on and stop using people's past to define who they are today, especially when there's no evidence to suggest that they are still the same.

At the end of the day the media and fans alike play favourites and Mayweather is and always will be seen as a villain, the bad guy etc.
Not that I mind personally I quite like villains. But the hypocrisy is very apparent.

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
I accept his criminal history but I don't think it defines him, plus he's served his sentence and moved on in life I'd like to think he should be afforded this, that's the point of a criminal justice system.

Certain celebrities who have domestic violence charges aren't reminded of their history any time their name is mentioned (Sean Penn, Sean Connery, John Lennon, Michael Fassbender - just to name a few) therefore their reputation doesn't continue to get tarnished.

Other celebrities (Chris Brown, Mel Gibson off the top of my head) don't get that luxury and Mayweather is the same.

Plus I think McGregor has adopted Mayweather's persona, gravitas, extravagance or whatever you want to call it and flaunts his wealth in very much the same way, but doesn't get the same negative press for it.

It's a shame but it appears as though Mayweather is known for his wealth and criminal history more than his boxing achievements which is sad because at his peak he really was an amazing boxer.
Facts.

Floyd is constantly reminded of it, in the build up to the May/Pac fight and even now it's a constant issue. Michelle Beadle made an issue of continually raising it and slagging him off for it but was pally pally with Jim Lampley who was also arrested and charged for domestic abuse.

And yes Conor is doing his best Mayweather (& Ric Flair) impression right now but whereas Mayweather is slated for it people laud McGregor. People ignore the fact that Mayweather has consistently underwritten the costs for the Golden Gloves, paid for Genaro Hernandez's funeral has supported the wife of Chico Corrales etc

That's just how these things go, he plays the bad guy and the press love painting him as such

Classical Mechanic

Same for Lennon & Connery - with regards to admitting to it and showing no remorse, and i'm sure there's plenty more examples too.
Also ironically Dr Dre only admitted fault because of the Straight Outta Compton backlash and the recent biopic featuring the woman who he repeatedly beat, before that he didn't care too much about it and actively made sure Straight Outta Compton didn't have any scenes that included his domestic abuse because it showed him in a negative light.
Chris Brown on the other hand has continued to show remorse (albeit his personality isn't to everyone's taste) but he continues to get negative press based on the one incident nearly 10 years ago now.

You could also argue that why does Mayweather need to show remorse? He's done his time, paid his dues and hasn't been arrested since 2011(?) almost 6 years ago. I'm pretty sure most people aren't the same as they were 6 years ago. So at some point everybody has to move on and stop using people's past to define who they are today, especially when there's no evidence to suggest that they are still the same.

At the end of the day the media and fans alike play favourites and Mayweather is and always will be seen as a villain, the bad guy etc.
Not that I mind personally I quite like villains. But the hypocrisy is very apparent.
He is accused of domestic violence since his release from prison against another woman.

http://www.boxinginsider.com/headlines/floyd-mayweather-sued-miss-jackson-domestic-violence-charges/

And he is still denying everything

http://deadspin.com/floyd-mayweather-is-still-using-the-same-old-domestic-v-1791085224

He cultivated his villain boxing image in order to sell fights. A boxer of his style will always struggle to sell tickets because he is boring to watch to non aficionados.

It was his own child that got him sent to prison by calling the police in tears because he thought his dad was going to kill his mum.

He is a scumbag, always has been and I highly doubt he will change.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Facts.

Floyd is constantly reminded of it, in the build up to the May/Pac fight and even now it's a constant issue. Michelle Beadle made an issue of continually raising it and slagging him off for it but was pally pally with Jim Lampley who was also arrested and charged for domestic abuse.

And yes Conor is doing his best Mayweather (& Ric Flair) impression right now but whereas Mayweather is slated for it people laud McGregor. People ignore the fact that Mayweather has consistently underwritten the costs for the Golden Gloves, paid for Genaro Hernandez's funeral has supported the wife of Chico Corrales etc

That's just how these things go, he plays the bad guy and the press love painting him as such
McGregor gets a ton of shit for his arrogance and the way he flaunts his wealth. He's one of Ireland's most unpopular sportsmen (despite being arguably the most succesful) for exactly that reason.

Oggmonster

Got to strongly disagree with this. It's actually beneficial for Conor if there was a KO than not, the earlier the better, at that. The accumulative damage in boxing is insane compared to MMA and being duffed up non-stop for 12 rds (or for however long Mayweather wanted to make a mush of his face) is extremely dangerous.

We've seen what Diaz did to Conor with his boxing, and that's so many levels below what Floyd would be hitting him with that it's not even funny. Conor was slowed down considerably in the first fight with Diaz, and in the second had to pace himself at a workrate Floyd could generate for I don't even know how many rounds bearing in mind he wouldn't be getting hit at all and thus only outputting from his natural stamina reserve and not with a drain of his resources via punch absorption.

Conor would have absolutely no defence against Mayweather's punches and those jabs of his jar the heads of seasoned, top-class boxers. 100-200 unanswered blows to the head... Truthfully, the more I'm writing here, the more I'm thinking how the hell can this be sanctioned. It would be a horrible battering in the ring if they fought with boxing rules and Floyd was as serious about the bout as he is for one of his title defences. Conor would receive more damage in there than all his MMA fights combined to date. The angles, the ferocity, the output, the accuracy, the parries.. it would be an awful beating.
Yeah that's all true. I just think it depends how Mayweather wants it to go. My point was more a lot of "exhibition" fights as it were are just that. I'm cynical about the fight in general as I've said I think it's just a way to get their names out there and keep themselves relevant. IF (and it's a big if) it were to happen I just don't think there'd be much going on in the fight in general really. Mayweather would end it easily if he wanted to but I just don't know how serious it would be.

I'm speaking from the point of view that UFC is still very much in it's infancy. It's only just had it's first male and female global stars. Chuck and GSP were huge, as were many others but the level that Conor has taken it to is insane. The fact that it's probably the first time ever that a combat sport has ever had a global female star is insane on it's own. Everyone that comes next, comes on bigger cards. More fighters.

Over a 12 month period, Conor sold more PPV's than the entire UFC roster combined (3.5m, or 6.8m if a 15 month period is chosen). That's why he wants a bigger cut. Boxers get a bigger cut at the top level.

I'm with you on most of what you've countered with though.

The UFC has always been a collective bargaining system. They have many good fights across many weights on one card. If the system can be contained and we don't see the sprawling mess that boxing has become, it should only go from strength to strength. But we've got to be getting to the point where the athletes and not the words 'UFC' are the main draw. They'll have to be rewarded accordingly.
In fairness Brock was a huge star in the UFC as well. His PPV numbers were always pretty big. I agree with the point the UFC is a young sport though especially compared to boxing.

I also don't disagree with the sentiment of people like McGregor, Lesnar, ROusey, Anderson Silva making more money. My point was more that without McGregor, Rousey and arguably Lesnar over the last few PPVs their numbers aren't that great or overshadowing of boxing. UFC Should capitalise on cards with them lot on and build more stars. The likes of McGregor for example overshadow everyone else in a press conference and that isn't an insult to the guy I like him. The UFC could use him being around to help build other stars on the stage with him but they don't and they will suffer for it. Look at the top boxing PPV numbers and Mayweather dominates them really, the same will happen to the UFC as well and then people will potentially use the same comments for the UFC as they do for boxing i.e. it's a dying sport once McGregor goes.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
He is accused of domestic violence since his release from prison against another woman.

http://www.boxinginsider.com/headlines/floyd-mayweather-sued-miss-jackson-domestic-violence-charges/

And he is still denying everything

http://deadspin.com/floyd-mayweather-is-still-using-the-same-old-domestic-v-1791085224

He cultivated his villain boxing image in order to sell fights. A boxer of his style will always struggle to sell tickets because he is boring to watch to non aficionados.

It was his own child that got him sent to prison by calling the police in tears because he thought his dad was going to kill his mum.

He is a scumbag, always has been and I highly doubt he will change.
As far as i'm concerned he's done his time and at some point everybody has to move on. Whether you think he's a scumbag is neither here nor there because plenty of celebrities have done the same things but they're allowed to move on too.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
As far as i'm concerned he's done his time and at some point everybody has to move on. Whether you think he's a scumbag is neither here nor there because plenty of celebrities have done the same things but they're allowed to move on too.
Well for me its easier to cheer for the guy who doesnt have a list as long as your arm of charges

Pogue Mahone

Are there any other celebrities you can think of with multiple convictions for beating the shit out of women that aren't extremely unpopular as a result?

Classical Mechanic

This is a decent article detailing his foul behaviour towards women and his children.

http://deadspin.com/the-trouble-with-floyd-mayweather-1605217498

Objectively he is a scumbag. I don't see how that is debatable and so long as he goes on flat out denying any wrongdoing I don't see why he should be view as anything other than a scumbag.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Yeah that's all true. I just think it depends how Mayweather wants it to go. My point was more a lot of "exhibition" fights as it were are just that. I'm cynical about the fight in general as I've said I think it's just a way to get their names out there and keep themselves relevant. IF (and it's a big if) it were to happen I just don't think there'd be much going on in the fight in general really. Mayweather would end it easily if he wanted to but I just don't know how serious it would be.
If they're going to charge for a $100m+ PPV event, it cannot look like some light-hearted, semi-contact exhibition. Conor wouldn't even be allowed to wear head gear. There'll also be a tonne of accusations of farce before the fight and a question of Floyd carrying Conor in the bout. Too many eyes and too much scrutiny on them for there not to be a few brutal rounds in there (for Conor) I think.

Mayweather ending it swiftly is better for McGregor than getting punched in the face for as many rounds as the bout has been agreed upon - just imagine the tallied count of all those shots, even if we half Mayweather's recent, more modest output, it's still far too much to be on the receiving end of.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Are there any other celebrities you can think of with multiple convictions for beating the shit out of women that aren't extremely unpopular as a result?
Charlie Sheen.

This is a decent article detailing his foul behaviour towards women and his children.

http://deadspin.com/the-trouble-with-floyd-mayweather-1605217498

Objectively he is a scumbag. I don't see how that is debatable and so long as he goes on flat out denying any wrongdoing I don't see why he should be view as anything other than a scumbag.
You're acting like i'm sticking up for him :lol:

Him being a scumbag should have nothing to do with his proposed fight with McGregor.

Pogue Mahone

If they're going to charge for a $100m+ PPV event, it cannot look like some light-hearted, semi-contact exhibition. Conor wouldn't even be allowed to wear head gear. There'll also be a tonne of accusations of farce before the fight and a question of Floyd carrying Conor in the bout. Too many eyes and too much scrutiny on them for there not to be a few brutal rounds in there (for Conor) I think.

Mayweather ending it swiftly is better for McGregor than getting punched in the face for as many rounds as the bout has been agreed upon - just imagine the tallied count of all those shots, even if we half Mayweather's recent, more modest output, it's still far too much to be on the receiving end of.
I get what you're saying but there are loads of examples of boxers who've taken a beating with no permanent consequences to their health. It's a fight game. There's always risks. Every MMA fight is only one flying knee away from that horrific depressed skull fracture Cyborg got last year. I don't understand why you're so convinced McGregor will be permanently harmed, no matter how bad a mismatch the fight turns out to be.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
He's a complete scumbag too. I've no idea how to compare public perception of the two men but I'd say Charlie Sheen is very much defined by his shitty behaviour over the years.
He is a scumbag, but he's incredibly popular.
Within a year of him beating his wife in front of his kids and all that he declared he was "winning!" and thus coined a meme of its own.

His shitty behaviour is seen as a story of being able to overcome your demons and addictions and turn your life around for the better.

Pogue Mahone

He is a scumbag, but he's incredibly popular.
Within a year of him beating his wife in front of his kids and all that he declared he was "winning!" and thus coined a meme of its own.

His shitty behaviour is seen as a story of being able to overcome your demons and addictions and turn your life around for the better.
Twitter infamy or not, he's been in a downward spiral for years. His life hasn't turned around at all.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Twitter infamy or not, he's been in a downward spiral for years. His life hasn't turned around at all.
That's neither here nor there, you asked whether there are celebrities who are popular despite history of domestic abuse. Charlie Sheen is a shining example.
The fact that his life hasn't actually changed only further reinforces the idea that his popularity outweighs his behaviour.

Pogue Mahone

That's neither here nor there, you asked whether there are celebrities who are popular despite history of domestic abuse. Charlie Sheen is a shining example.
The fact that his life hasn't actually changed only further reinforces the idea that his popularity outweighs his behaviour.
I'm not even sure where we're going with this. My personal opinion is that any man who repeatedly beats women is a complete shit-head and will always be a complete shit-head. And that's without even getting into the kind of monster that would beat the mother of their children, in front of their children.

Hence I took exception to your "he's done his time, we should move on" stuff. If you really think that sort of despicable behaviour is something we can just forgive and forget then I'm happy to agree to disagree.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
I'm not even sure where we're going with this. My personal opinion is that any man who repeatedly beats women is a complete shit-head and will always be a complete shit-head. And that's without even getting into the kind of monster that would beat the mother of their children, in front of their children.

Hence I took exception to your "he's done his time, we should move on" stuff. If you really think that sort of despicable behaviour is something we can just forgive and forget then I'm happy to agree to disagree.
I never said we should forgive and forget I just don't see why it's relevant to this thread? Someone else had quoted me and brought his domestic violence history and since then I've just been responding.

I fully agree with you that any man who repeatedly beats women is a monster and is disgusting. Am I going to continue to go around and insult them every chance I get?
Nope, it brings me no benefit. The longer Mayweather goes without beating another woman the better for everybody.