Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SirAF

Ageist
I was encouraged with him today. Looked genuinely pleased when Antony scored, came on, looked desperate for a goal. I don't see a guy that's going to be as difficult to manage as everyone made out. It was always going to be the case that once the window shuts he has to accept the reality, and he'll always want to score, so it's not really this huge problem for the manager.
This. He’ll start regularly soon enough.

SirAF

Ageist
Thought he was good. Ran and pressed hard, much better than he’s been in other games this season.

All the tantrums etc when he doesn’t get a pass need to stop though. It’s annoying
He’s done that since he was 18, it’s more annoying that people care about it. It doesn’t mean anything.

OldSchoolManc

Hopefully it’s the start of him realising there’s no I in team at 37 years of age

SirAF

Ageist
I think you have to accept that the end of his career is nigh.
Of course, the big man is almost 38 but he’ll get plenty of starts this season. No doubt. Next year he will need to move on though.

Golden Nugget

He’s done that since he was 18, it’s more annoying that people care about it. It doesn’t mean anything.
Yeah, since he was acting like a baby when he was 18, means it’s ok to continue acting like one when he’s 38. Makes sense

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I would've been way more sympathetic to him and his fitness issues (he's 37, ffs) if he didn't miss the entire pre-season chasing a move.
At least he tried today, but I simply don't thing that he has the legs to play in a fluid attacking unit anymore.

Greck

At who? Neville or Van Nistelrooy? That team didn't have anyone taking that from an 18 year old CR. Or you mean at Sporting?

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Think he can do a job as an impact sub against tired legs. See no reason to start him atm with the way things are going.

SirAF

Ageist
We have won 4 in a row. 2 of them against our rivals, why do people keep saying he needs to start. ???
:lol:

Because he’s the only CF at the club. I’m not saying he should start every match, but he’ll be useful now and again from start.

At who? Neville or Van Nistelrooy? That team didn't have anyone taking that from an 18 year old CR. Or you mean at Sporting?
Jesus, my point was that this is how he has been like for ages. Who cares? Seriously.

SAFMUTD

He looks physically done, slow as feck. Maybe if he had done preseason huh?

Kopral Jono

Thought he was good. Ran and pressed hard, much better than he’s been in other games this season.

All the tantrums etc when he doesn’t get a pass need to stop though. It’s annoying
I couldn't agree more with this. And if I may add, he still doesn't look match fit.

GMoore23

Was much better today. He'll take the CF position back before long.

Greck

:lol:

Because he’s the only CF at the club. I’m not saying he should start every match, but he’ll be useful now and again from start.

Jesus, my point was that this is how he has been like for ages. Who cares? Seriously.
It's relevant because he's no longer good enough to be carrying a star's aura. He doesn't have the ability to damage team morale berating teammates then make up for it with 50 goals.

He just fd up a counter the other week. Rashford should have 4 goals. The team actually showed a togetherness through its moments and mistakes before then. Don't screw that up Ronaldo.

Ralph1386

He won’t start every game but he’ll get better when he starts scoring again. He just needs that first goal to kickstart his season.

SirAF

Ageist
It's relevant because he's no longer good enough to be carrying a star's aura. He doesn't have the ability to damage team morale berating teammates then make up for it with 50 goals.
He’s the greatest of all time, of course he’s got that aura. Most of his fellow players will be in awe of playing with him regardless of his current abilities.

Do you really think a bunch of pro footballers are so weak that his small gestures are going to «damage morale»? Don’t be silly.

djembatheking

Looks stiff and wooden but hopefully can give us a good 90 in the Europa League so we can rest our first choice strikers.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Thought he looked good again. He'll have an important role to play this season.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Need to get him fit we need a no9 up there

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
He’s gonna be begging us for that extension. It’s his only possible route back into the Champions League next year.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
We have won 4 in a row. 2 of them against our rivals, why do people keep saying he needs to start. ???
Our worst player during most of these matches has been Rashford. Two good goals in the latter part of this match doesn't change that. Ultimately when Ronaldo gets up to speed (and yes it is his own fault he isn't since he missed the preseason) I expect he will be a better striker option than Rashford, who basically provides nothing from that position except trying to constantly run in behind which rarely works.

If Martial can get himself fit then that's a different story though, as he easily has the best all-round striker play of the three of them.

city-puma

This is a team sports. Do you want to have a colleague in your office like him?
The thing is that the other players must ignore his tantrum and not be affected by it.

Red_toad

Pretty decent cameo harassed Arsenals back line, worked hard for the team, shame he wasn’t played in a few times as he’s overdue a goal. Some on here being overly critical.

SAFMUTD

Our worst player during most of these matches has been Rashford. Two good goals in the latter part of this match doesn't change that. Ultimately when Ronaldo gets up to speed (and yes it is his own fault he isn't since he missed the preseason) I expect he will be a better striker option than Rashford, who basically provides nothing from that position except trying to constantly run in behind which rarely works.

If Martial can get himself fit then that's a different story though, as he easily has the best all-round striker play of the three of them.
Rashford is playing a key part in the team. Yes he's not a target man and can hardly hold the ball with his back against the net but he's making the runs.

Worked against Liverpool and worked again today. Ronaldo looks physically shot and slow as feck we saw it on his run against Southampton. There's no way he can make that runs.

Sviken

Had a decent game for what is worth. His performances are bound to improve over time. He'd already be up to speed if it wasn't for his stupidity in missing the whole pre-season.

SirAF

Ageist
The thing is that the other players must ignore his tantrum and not be affected by it.
I always smirk when people start mentioning stuff like this - a pro sports team is no ordinary working environment. Stuff that would never fly in real life is perfectly fine in pro sports.

And yes, if my colleague was a living legend and the best ever in our field I would not berate them for having a huff now and again.

90 + 5min

Once again. Good as sub. Looks like his mind is still there but maybe not his legs. However, giving his all and I hope goals come. He deserves that.

Greck

They get berated, become afraid of letting him down and start doing whatever it takes trying to find his every run. We get it, the team is mistake heavy, it frustrates us too, even our motm is a mistake merchant but CR isn't that player anymore. His current ability is too far below perfection to be doing so. His mistakes are now almost as bad.

I should actually have said inefficiencies instead of mistakes but I'm not reediting.

bakalhau

Of course, the big man is almost 38 but he’ll get plenty of starts this season. No doubt. Next year he will need to move on though.
I'm thankful enough he's kept himself going at high quality until 37 (last season). This season I'll have to rationally review when it's over. Anything from here on is a bonus for me. I thought in all my positiveness he'd be done at 34 max, but he's put up a valiant fight against time for sure. Don't disagree about him moving on next season, hopefully having contributed positively to United for one final time.

Biggins

I actually feel.a bit sorry for him. He still has the mentality and desire to be the best in the world but his body is failing him. He is not that quick, his reactions are delayed and he also seems to get tired relatively quickly.

Still a wonderful run, almost 20 years of playing top professional football and he was in top 3 of the world for at least 80% of that time.

having said that, we really need a new striker next year, at the latest.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Put the effort in but really needed that pre season.

In any case, the confidence is low. Needs a goal soon. Hopefully on Thursday when he plays in the greatest European competition :D

Status
Not open for further replies.