Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Fanboying around him is amazing this year. Guy is complete shit, holds whole team down and people still defend him.
Roy Keane said that he is in top 3 players in PL.
As i said earlier; selling him will be like new signing for us

Idxomer

He is our best striker simply because we don’t have another striker. Martial is always injured and Rashford is not a striker.
Ronaldo himself isn't someone who can play as a lone striker and he has basically started only playing that position after his move to United.

Bobski

He really shouldn't be starting any more games for Utd. Impact sub, nothing else, then bin him as soon as possible and move on.

Trequartistry

Fanboying around him is amazing this year. Guy is complete shit, holds whole team down and people still defend him.
Roy Keane said that he is in top 3 players in PL.
As i said earlier; selling him will be like new signing for us
When did Keane say this

Ralph1386

Ronaldo himself isn't someone who can play as a lone striker and he has basically started only playing that position after his move to United.
He played as a striker for Juve as well I think. Anyway, we need another striker in January.

Sylar

We were better with him off the pitch.

When he was on our players kept trying to force it to him. Ruined our flow and attacks

Zen86

He’s even lost that predatory instinct of his now, which has served him well in later years. Its quite cringe watching our whole team trying to constantly tee him up.

Mickson

Genuine question: Is he the worst "starting" striker in the league? I thought about Solanke maybe but he surely is better than Ronaldo?

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Like playing with a man down when he's on.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
What is worse, Ronaldo's bad form or the fact he is still our best striker?
Best striker ffs :lol: :lol: :lol: :houllier:
He's fecking garbage these days, and we are a miles better team with Rashford out there, while Martial is clearly our #1 striker but unfortunately is always injured. Martial is the only player in our squad who is an actual striker anyway. Even Ronaldo at his best wasn't a great striker anyway. These days, he's fecking useless and I'd rather play Elanga up top.

Josh 76

The guy played 70 mins last Sunday evening, then he played full game on Thursday. He then played 70 mins today and makes a fecking scene coming off. Even peak Ronaldo would have been rested more. This guy is toxic and needs to get the feck out of here!

HookedOnAPhelan

His physical decline is obvious. He's clearly lost a yard of pace, and that makes all the difference in many situations unfortunately. And when he doesn't score he's pretty much useless and a liability.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Genuine question: Is he the worst "starting" striker in the league? I thought about Solanke maybe but he surely is better than Ronaldo?
I would take Solanke any day over him. And that is not overreaction.
Seriously, what Diva no7 offers at this moment?
He is not helping in defence, he offers nothing in build up play, puts pressure on teammates with "pass the ball to me" and he is not scoring goals or assisting. We would be better with nobody on no9 than him.

bosnian_red

Either of Southampton's top two, Antonio, Bamford, and whichever player Forest decide to play. At worst.
Not a chance! They all get more shots off per game than Ronaldo does in less dominant teams, work harder, are better at hold up play and offer a bigger threat in behind.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He really shouldn't be starting any more games for Utd. Impact sub, nothing else, then bin him as soon as possible and move on.
I'm amazed how ETH ( and RR to some extent) don't get this basic aspect of man managing someone of his stature.

If you bring him off with 20 mins to go with scores tied, you are asking for all kinds of headlines. Even though he's a shadow of his former self he is still idolized by his teammates, seeing him come off will demoralize them, as it will OT, who for the most part still worship him.

It's so much easier not to start him and bring him on as a sub. Just remove this complication. It's basic management.

MrEleson

He was poor but he won't do anything in this kind of set-up. He needs chances somewhat on a plate which can only happen at a handful of clubs. Best just to part ways as soon as possible.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Can’t help but think the dressing room would be liberated without him at this point. Regardless of whether he’s a nice guy, professional and smiles and laughs when the club photographer is doing laps of the training facilities

Red_Aaron

You need either 10 WC players or to exist in a one sided league to carry this guy

No strength, no pace, no defensive effort, limited passing with inconsistent touch and finishing. Zero running

He undoubtedly knows what he should be doing but either he physically can't or is arrogantly refusing too.

Worst of all the players defer to him when he's on the pitch which stifles us - it's no accident we improved massively when he went off

Pickle85

Not a chance! They all get more shots off per game than Ronaldo does in less dominant teams, work harder, are better at hold up play and offer a bigger threat in behind.
I'm sorry, but if you think that Che Adams, Antonio or Patrick fecking Bamford are better number nines than Ronaldo right now then I don't know what to say to you.

Abraxas

It's just becoming more and more evident with each passing game that a recovery of sorts is unlikely. Maybe the odd goal but that's it. He's just gone. I don't see a lack of trying, I just see an old body playing in the most competitive league in the world.

Luka Mora

I'm amazed how ETH ( and RR to some extent) don't get this basic aspect of man managing someone of his stature.

If you bring him off with 20 mins to go with scores tied, you are asking for all kinds of headlines. Even though he's a shadow of his former self he is still idolized by his teammates, seeing him come off will demoralize them, as it will OT, who for the most part still worship him.

It's so much easier not to start him and bring him on as a sub. Just remove this complication. It's basic management.
Why should the manager have to tip toe around a washed up 38 year old and live in fear he might upset his fanboys and fellow teammates who are in awe of him.

Ten Hag needs to tell the likes of Bruno and antony that their one and only job isn't to serve Ronaldo and get upset if he gets subbed if that's the case.

Abraxas

I'd definitely take Antonio right now.

Average at best with poor technique but he's a physical monster. Have him running channels, punching a few holes in the opposition defence. Would give our attackers some space to operate in. Ronaldo is offering very little unless we put something on a plate, at which point he may or may not score as he doesn't look quite as clinical either.

bosnian_red

I'm sorry, but if you think that Che Adams, Antonio or Patrick fecking Bamford are better number nines than Ronaldo right now then I don't know what to say to you.
They are. What the feck does Ronaldo do on the pitch these days? Don't look at the past. Look at his performance now. He can't get shots off. He is slow. He can't make runs in behind. He is weak. He is lazy and a complete 0 defensively. He gives it away constantly. He can't dribble. He complains all day, and has the nerve to shake his head and laugh at the decision to sub him off after he was a fecking charity winner on the pitch for 70 minutes and out of his depth.

Don't kid yourself. Ronaldo is fecking finished as a footballer.

Status
Not open for further replies.