4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ForeverRed1

Ten Hag started the disrespect. Why make him warm up and then at the last minute send a nobody like Elanga on? No footballing reason. Should CR7 just take the insult? ETH has no right to disrespect an all time great who has given everything for the club.
When Ronaldo was warming up, we hadn’t scored. Ronaldo brings goals.

we scored two goals and suddenly bringing Ronaldo on wasn’t a priority anymore. He bought elanga on because he will run more, press and help defend. If it was still 0-0 at 60 minutes, he brings Ronaldo on.

Manchester United > any individual player. ETH has to do what he thinks will win us a game. It’s as simple as that, it isn’t about Ronaldo.

Strelok

Hey guys I'm not trying to be a smartass but imo we should simply let the discussion about this narcissistic twat die along with his legacy here. He doesn't even deserve to be talked about.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Hopefully that's the end. Love him and everything but too toxic and undermining ETH. Hopefully leaves in January.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Not now they won’t be but before we got him they was all over him.
Rumours of Ronaldo disrupting dressing rooms were already rampant at Juventus. Ronaldo would score goals but to the detriment of the squad who were forced to sacrifice alot to make him look good and morale. City was ready to take him off their hands for free. Ronaldo was worth 20m which meant that if City got him for free then that would have been around 1 year of salary paid. That made sense as they would have used Ronaldo during last year, then they would bring Haaland in and Ronaldo would sit on the bench sulking in that 'year paid by Juventus' up until he fecks off. We barged in offering silly money to Ronaldo and Juventus instead.

PS we committed the same stupid mistake with Casemiro by offering Real silly money and giving the player a ridiculously long contract money on an eye watering salary (350k a week for 4 years)

That's the difference between a properly run club and one lead by the likes of Murtoughy.

Ladron de redcafe

Can't deal with the team being better off without him. Apparently a great leader as per his fans. Thank feck we didn't give this chap the armband.
Watching him and his cultists squirm is always funny, and he seems to be melting down at the moment, with these strops.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Hates that we are so much better without him. What a bellend, hope he takes his fanbois on the way out

Toblerone92

Ten Hag started the disrespect. Why make him warm up and then at the last minute send a nobody like Elanga on? No footballing reason. Should CR7 just take the insult? ETH has no right to disrespect an all time great who has given everything for the club.
I really don’t understand this kind of nonsensical take. Do you really think the manager sets out to intentionally “disrespect” any player? His job is to win games above all else and he brings on the players he thinks will achieve that.

If you can’t see that Ronaldo is more of a hinderance than anything else to a team that wants to playa high press then I don’t know what to say. Go back to FIFA where if you want to watch CR7 play 90 minutes every game.

devilish

First of all Ronaldo's best years were at Real. We made him and then when he hit his prime he fecked off. Secondly ETH is the manager. He has every right to do whatever he wants with the squad. Finally Ronaldo has been shit since the season began and that after he missed all preseason. If he wants to blame anyone for what is going on is himself.

LARulz

What a joke. Elanga hasn't played in a while and needs game time. The world doesn't revolve around giving game time to a 37 year old child

He has been stupid and now basically written himself out of the Chelsea game. There was a chance he would have played but now Ten Hag cannot and will not play him unless everybody is injured

devilish

I don’t think he has. In a few years, people won’t remember all this nonsense. He will always be remembered for his peak years.
I beg to differ to that. We still remember Gaz horrific last game just as AC Milan fans still remember Baresi's humiliation in the hands of a young Vieri. Things reach another level when the issue is not about age catching up with the player but simply because the player in question is acting as a cnut. Its almost impossible to talk about Keane without mentioning how he left.

AndySmith1990

I don’t think he has. In a few years, people won’t remember all this nonsense. He will always be remembered for his peak years.
Nah. I'll remember nothing but an ego driven narcissist who cared more about himself than any team he was ever a part of. I've got zero respect for him as a person, and I'll never agree with putting him on a pedestal alongside truly great United players who genuinely love the club.

Ladron de redcafe

I beg to differ to that. We still remember Gaz horrific last game just as AC Milan fans still remember Baresi's humiliation in the hands of a young Vieri. Things reach another level when the issue is not about age catching up with the player but simply because the player in question is acting as a cnut. Its almost impossible to talk about Keane without mentioning how he left.
That's perfectly put. And the Keane example is the best one because whenever anyone discusses him, it inevitable includes the disastrous end with the post-Middlesborough interview. At least that was a slightly misguided paroxysm of frustration from a passionate player. This is just petulant and childish.

united for life

Shouldn’t be selected for the next game, let him watch from home. He spent the whole summer wanting to leave and now this. It’s too much. He’s a legend But his attitude is not acceptable

devilish

What a joke. Elanga hasn't played in a while and needs game time. The world doesn't revolve around giving game time to a 37 year old child

He has been stupid and now basically written himself out of the Chelsea game. There was a chance he would have played but now Ten Hag cannot and will not play him unless everybody is injured
Elanga came at the 87 minute probably in response to Conte's perceive change in strategy which saw Bissouma and Doherty being replaced by the more attacking minded Sessegnon and Moura. The youngster provide far more coverage and work rate then Ronaldo does. Thus the tactical change made sense.

Real Name

Come of it. :lol:

Hopefully 2 things:
You'll never make it to the mains.
When Ronaldo leaves you're gonna leave with him in the sense of supporting him.

Has given everything for the club. :lol:

Come right of it.

devilish

That's perfectly put. And the Keane example is the best one because whenever anyone discusses him, it inevitable includes the disastrous end with the post-Middlesborough interview. At least that was a slightly misguided paroxysm of frustration from a passionate player. This is just petulant and childish.
This is even worse then Keane's.

A- Keane gave United everything. Ronaldo fecked off in his prime
B- While I disagree with how Keane tackled the issue, he did had a valid point and his aim was to improve the team. United should have never resorted to the likes of Alan Smith in midfield. Ronaldo is causing issues simply because we're not bending over backwards to make him look good.

Ronaldo is lucky that we have the nicest fan base in the world. He wouldn't have done these sort of antics at Real.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
Can we offer him the chance to mutually end his contract early? Same way he quit on the team last night? We dont need this drama going on, the club is beyond media headlines now and is being run correctly. We have shifted out the press leaks, removed problem players only Ronaldo is left to move on. Yes he got his head down after not leaving in the Summer and bought into the team spirit but theres no excuse for last night leaving at that stage of the game. If Spurs had pulled a goal back then Ronaldo might have came on to help out at the back win headers and hold the ball up front to see out the game but instead hes made it about himself.

Ladron de redcafe

This is even worse then Keane's.

A- Keane gave United everything. Ronaldo fecked off in his prime
B- While I disagree with how Keane tackled the issue, he did had a point. United should have never resorted to the likes of Alan Smith in midfield. Ronaldo is causing issues simply because we're not bending over backwards to make him look good.
Yeah, i agree with that. Perhaps didn't word it clearly enough. Keane's frustration was with United's performances and direction. This is an entirely different situation, where a 37-year-old is behaving like a 12-year-old because he's upset his teammates put on the best performance of the season, without him. It's childish and juvenile.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
It's sad, because I'm really starting to develop a dislike to him. Not how anybody wanted it to end, and it's largely because of his own doing.

His frustrations last season (and this summer, to an extent) were absolutely fair, because the team was a shitshow and the club has been poorly run for years. But when the club is at a turning point for the first time in a while, acting like a petulant child is the last thing you should expect from a legend of the game.

Everything he does is further tarnishing his legacy at the club (I personally cannot regard him as a club 'legend' because he has tried to force a move twice), and the club would truly be better off without him.

Luka Mora

When all is said and done, and the dust settles, there will only be highlight reels of his tantrums and disrespect towards managers

Kostov

You just know he is fuming that the team is winning without him. Selfish twat and always has been, should be moved to the u21.

devilish

Can we offer him the chance to mutually end his contract early? Same way he quit on the team last night? We dont need this drama going on, the club is beyond media headlines now and is being run correctly. We have shifted out the press leaks, removed problem players only Ronaldo is left to move on. Yes he got his head down after not leaving in the Summer and bought into the team spirit but theres no excuse for last night leaving at that stage of the game. If Spurs had pulled a goal back then Ronaldo might have came on to help out at the back win headers and hold the ball up front to see out the game but instead hes made it about himself.
If he is so unhappy then he should buy his contract off. I doubt he will as he likes the money and it's not as if there are many top clubs lining up for him

tariqo

Supports
barcelona
When he joined the club he said “ I’m here because 1- i love Manchester United 2- i want to help the team & the youngest players

of course all of that was BS & he was just jealous of Messi’s transfer & all of the media coverage.

he spits on sir alex Ferguson’s face in 2009 & joined his beloved &his dream team real madrid

to say he is loyal or even care about this club is ridiculous & he just destroyed his legacy as a top 10 in man united’s history…. His fanboys can keep defending his inappropriate behaviour &call him a legend too

LARulz

Elanga came at the 87 minute probably in response to Conte's perceive change in strategy which saw Bissouma and Doherty being replaced by the more attacking minded Sessegnon and Moura. The youngster provide far more coverage and work rate then Ronaldo does. Thus the tactical change made sense.
Yep. Elanga is one of those players that does a 'job'. I don't think many will look at him to go win a game in an attacking sense but do see him as someone who will make it more hassle for the opposition to attack when they are desperate etc.

Also his speed is useful for counters in that situation

We need an rvn

Players warm up all the time and don’t come on, that’s not disrespect.
Doesn’t give Ronaldo any right to walk off like he did. It shows a lack of respect for the whole squad (who also sit on the bench and don’t come on), lack of respect to the club and fans.

it is fine worthy, I don’t know but I’d happily see him demoted to the u21s until we can sell him.
Re those who say his legacy at united won’t be tarnished, I think it’s pretty common to remember the last things that happen in a player’s career at the club as well as the good moments and there will be a lot of us who will remember his behaviour this season, as well as the good years in his first stint, and when discussing united legends he won’t be as high in some eyes because of it.

Telsim

I said before the start of the season that he absolutely has to be moved, because an unhappy Ronaldo has the potential to become a big issue. Lo and behold! Shocking how certain people in the structure of the club lack such basic foresight, isn't it? Oh wait, never mind, it's not really shocking. It's Johnny, and Richy, and their puppet masters after all, so no surprises there.

We could have a good thing going here, but I'm worried now that this could affect the entirety of the squad. It seems like Dalot and Antony look up to him a lot. And Varane and Casemiro are his mates. Ten Hag has a situation on his hands and how he resolves it will be very important. He can't allow this to devolve into the cliques from past seasons.

Last edited:

Rojofiam

Summing up Ronaldo's second stint at Manchester United (so far :houllier:)

-Rejoins United in August 2021, because we made an emotional decision to bring him back, since no one wanted to see him at City. He would've joined those bastards without a second thought, though, just like how he would've joined Atletico this summer. And then he starts waffling about his love towards United as one of the reasons he came back. He should just straight up tell the world that loyalty towards a football club doesn't exist for him and then he wouldn't be such a two faced clown.

-He's not willing to press. He's a passenger when United are out of possession, just like how Pogba caused the same type of problems. How does he expect to play and perform not just for United, but any top European side with ambitions, when he's not willing to do what has been one of, if not the most important principle for every successful elite level manager for the last 5-7 years?

-When going forward, every single attack slows down after he receives the ball...and despite that our players are still actively looking for him as if he was still in his prime...they even choose Ronaldo when he's clearly not the best option to pass the ball towards. I just don't understand. Juve fans were happy for his departure and I didn't believe at the time when they said Ronaldo makes them worse. Martial has shown way more this season than him with significantly less play time.

-Last season he scored 24 goals, which has led so many people to believe that without Ronaldo we would've finished in the lower half of the table or something...not realizing that he just took the goals from everyone else. Bruno and Rashford had nightmarish seasons with abysmal stats...the same thing happened to Dybala at Juventus. In both of Ole's 2 full seasons, we scored over 100 goals in all competitions. Last year we got 70. Let's just say that Cavani proved to be ten times as useful in his first season than Ronaldo in 2021/22 and now.

-3 years of progress and hard work under Ole was thrown into the bin just because of Ronaldo disrupting everything.

-Last season became a nightmare pretty fast. Things basically started looking pretty grim by the end of September. By the last few games of the season, it was known that we'd not be playing CL football this season. For Ronaldo, the Champions League is everything, mostly because of his personal records in that competition. Why did he communicate his desire to leave the club in the middle of July, when he likely made up his mind months before? That's the same spineless shit he pulled at Juve: radio silence all summer and then suddenly wanting out at all costs in the last week of August.

-Literally no European sides wanted him. His agent spoke to almost every single CL club across the top 5 leagues on the continent and he received a grand total of 0 offers. The only club that wanted him is from Saudi Arabia. Up until this, he was only asking United to accept any "reasonable" offers and let him leave the club. After this harsh reality check for him, he changed his stance and wanted the club to terminate his contract so that he could find a new club as a free agent. The audacity. :lol: He could've done that himself btw for a fraction of his net worth (around 25 million pounds if I'm not mistaken), but decided not to...why?

-Missed pre-season due to "personal reasons". Came back to training in August and the Athletic (literally the collection of the most reputable journos in the business) reported that he's a disruptive figure in training, eats alone, trains alone, etc. Even had the audacity to question ten Hag's tactics and expressed his dislike of pressing...again. Did he expect that ten Hag would abandon one of his main principle just to accommodate a 37 year old, washed up narcissist?

-Left and went home during the 2nd half of a friendly game at Old Trafford (other players did too, I know).

-Like I've already said before, offered absolutely nothing in his appearances so far, can't control a ball if his life depended on it, too scared to hit balls first time, he looks way past it and it's perfectly fine, since he's close to turning 38. But the way he and his fanboys act is a fecking disgrace.

-Last night's stunt was likely not the last one he pulls, and he knows exactly what he's doing, since all ten Hag gets asked about is fecking Ronaldo this, Ronaldo that.

And after all this shit in the last 14 months, you open social media and see so many Ronaldosexuals turning on ten Hag and the club, writing shit like this: "ten Hag is disrespecting Ronaldo" "Ronaldo is bigger, than United" "I'm happy that United lost / drew, they deserve it for the treatment of Ronaldo" etc. They've even started rewriting history now that "Ronaldo had many offers, United just didn't let him go and now aren't playing him" Give me a fecking break :lol:...ex-United players like Rio and Keane defending him in the media like fecking clowns doesn't help either.

All this circus for a player that probably wouldn't make the starting 11 in 17-18 of the 20 current PL clubs at the moment.

Chumpsbechumps

I’d be happy with mutual termination but I don’t think the sponcors will allow it. This undermines Ten Haag like many other decisions (cough Pogba) where the club forced a manager to make a player worm

At The core of Ten Haags tactics is hard work and relentless intensity which Is something Ronaldo doesn’t want to or can’t amend his game to fit into. The speed and closing down of some of United’s play last night was ridiculous.

I’ve said it before , last night we saw United play it’s best football with arguably its best forward on the bench. It was a striking similarity to when ruud was benched for the league cup final against Wigan and Saha played but United looked so much better , even though ruud was by far our best striker.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
ETH disrespecting him when he does not bring him on? I think those fanboys really need a reality check.

I don't think there will be too much info coming out or that we put him in the reserves, but we really should do that tbh.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
Manchester United social media is insufferable right now.
Can’t wait for him to be gone, along with his fans.

mshnsh

His character sucks that is obvious as is the fact that he is way past it right now.

if you watched him all through his career, reasons why he has been in conversation is his purely goals and longevity (interms of goalscoring). His all round performances have SELDOM matched the hype that comes with him, this is true of him even in his prime when he won the ballond'ors. The difference between a great Cristiano performance and an average or poor performance has been goals. Take away the goals and his contribution is that of an average player. Fortunately for him, he has been very prolific.

Now cut to the 37 year old. He has lost a yard and reaction times have become longer. His basic game is showing now that there are no goals to paper over the mediocrity.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude

-Rejoins United in August 2021, because we made an emotional decision to bring him back, since no one wanted to see him at City. He would've joined those bastards without a second thought, though, just like how he would've joined Atletico this summer. And then he starts waffling about his love towards United as one of the reasons he came back. He should just straight up tell the world that loyalty towards a football club doesn't exist for him and then he wouldn't be such a two faced clown.

-He's not willing to press. He's a passenger when United are out of possession, just like how Pogba caused the same type of problems. How does he expect to play and perform not just for United, but any top European side with ambitions, when he's not willing to do what has been one of, if not the most important principle for every successful elite level manager for the last 5-7 years?

-When going forward, every single attack slows down after he receives the ball...and despite that our players are still actively looking for him as if he was still in his prime...they even choose Ronaldo when he's clearly not the best option to pass the ball towards. I just don't understand. Juve fans were happy for his departure and I didn't believe at the time when they said Ronaldo makes them worse. Martial has shown way more this season than him with significantly less play time.

-Last season he scored 24 goals, which has led so many people to believe that without Ronaldo we would've finished in the lower half of the table or something...not realizing that he just took the goals from everyone else. Bruno and Rashford had nightmarish seasons with abysmal stats...the same thing happened to Dybala at Juventus. In both of Ole's 2 full seasons, we scored over 100 goals in all competitions. Last year we got 70. Let's just say that Cavani proved to be ten times as useful in his first season than Ronaldo in 2021/22 and now.

-3 years of progress and hard work under Ole was thrown into the bin just because of Ronaldo disrupting everything.

-Last season became a nightmare pretty fast. Things basically started looking pretty grim by the end of September. By the last few games of the season, it was known that we'd not be playing CL football this season. For Ronaldo, the Champions League is everything, mostly because of his personal records in that competition. Why did he communicate his desire to leave the club in the middle of July, when he likely made up his mind months before? That's the same spineless shit he pulled at Juve: radio silence all summer and then suddenly wanting out at all costs in the last week of August.

-Literally no European sides wanted him. His agent spoke to almost every single CL club across the top 5 leagues on the continent and he received a grand total of 0 offers. The only club that wanted him is from Saudi Arabia. Up until this, he was only asking United to accept any "reasonable" offers and let him leave the club. After this harsh reality check for him, he changed his stance and wanted the club to terminate his contract so that he could find a new club as a free agent. The audacity. :lol: He could've done that himself btw for a fraction of his net worth (around 25 million pounds if I'm not mistaken), but decided not to...why?

-Missed pre-season due to "personal reasons". Came back to training in August and the Athletic (literally the collection of the most reputable journos in the business) reported that he's a disruptive figure in training, eats alone, trains alone, etc. Even had the audacity to question ten Hag's tactics and expressed his dislike of pressing...again. Did he expect that ten Hag would abandon one of his main principle just to accommodate a 37 year old, washed up narcissist?

-Left and went home during the 2nd half of a friendly game at Old Trafford (other players did too, I know).

-Like I've already said before, offered absolutely nothing in his appearances so far, can't control a ball if his life depended on it, too scared to hit balls first time, he looks way past it and it's perfectly fine, since he's close to turning 38. But the way he and his fanboys act is a fecking disgrace.

-Last night's stunt was likely not the last one he pulls, and he knows exactly what he's doing, since all ten Hag gets asked about is fecking Ronaldo this, Ronaldo that.

And after all this shit in the last 14 months, you open social media and see so many Ronaldosexuals turning on ten Hag and the club, writing shit like this: "ten Hag is disrespecting Ronaldo" "Ronaldo is bigger, than United" "I'm happy that United lost / drew, they deserve it for the treatment of Ronaldo" etc. They've even started rewriting history now that "Ronaldo had many offers, United just didn't let him go and now aren't playing him" Give me a fecking break :lol:...ex-United players like Rio and Keane defending him in the media like fecking clowns doesn't help either.

All this circus for a player that probably wouldn't make the starting 11 in 17-18 of the 20 current PL clubs at the moment.
Spitting straight facts. Bumnaldo needs to be gone asap. Maybe Newcastle can have him

Shai-Hulud

Well said.

Some people just don't understand the problems of dealing with a narcissist egomaniac like CR. They're dangerous.

pauldyson1uk

Please tell me this is a joke, if its not the WOW, its like kids in a playground , "He started it"
How is being asked to warm up an insult ? An all time great who has given everything for the club WTF !!! He spent him prime at 2 other clubs FFS !!!
Are you head of the CR7 fan club ?
I have been on here a long time and never as a rule slag of post's , but WOW this a shocker

Status
Not open for further replies.