Cristiano Ronaldo | Signs for United! Fcuk City

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReallyUSA

Not really. Rooney didn't really go public until Fergie had that press conference (quite the masterstroke). That's when all the information came out. Now compare this to a certain Portuguese who gave interview after interview crying about his desire to leave, his "slave" like treatment and his desire to play in white. When you think of that, the crazy adulation Ronaldo receives is nuts. The man may have admired/loved Fergie but he couldn't care less about United. I understand why people disliked Rooney but it's the completely opposite treatment that Ronaldo got for behaving in a FAR worse and, you know, actually leaving the club, is bewildering.
Because Ronaldo is better than him.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
You said if Ronaldo scored a goal to win the title for City and snatch it from us you'd be proud as a Ronaldo fan.

That's fecking mental.
That's what you choose to believe. I've also said I'd feel very very sad as United fan, which you somehow refuse to recognise.

But thats understandable, some people tend to choose to believe what they want to believe. This way would be easier for them to comprehend, as its either black or white, with no grey area.

Djemba-Djemba

That's what you choose to believe. I've also said I'd feel very very sad as United fan, which you somehow refuse to recognise.

But thats understandable, people tend to choose to believe what they want to believe.
I chose to believe by reading what you wrote :lol:

It's just bizarre to me, I can't get my head around it.

You said you've followed Utd since 1990 so you're an adult obsessed fanboy for a player.

I'll stop piling on because it's going nowhere, I just find the whole being obsessed with a player especially one not even at your club absolutely mental and weird. Sadly it seems like it's becoming more of a thing.

Judas

Open to offers

But thats understandable, some people tend to choose to believe what they want to believe. This way would be easier for them to comprehend, as its either black or white, with no grey area.
You literally said you'd be sad as a Utd fan but proud as a Ronaldo fanboy? It's not about believing :lol:

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
You literally said you'd be sad as a Utd fan but proud as a Ronaldo fanboy? It's not about believing :lol:
Yes I did say his. But he keep ignoring the first part and only could hear the 2nd part. Thats about believing.

Zen86

Not really. Rooney didn't really go public until Fergie had that press conference (quite the masterstroke). That's when all the information came out. Now compare this to a certain Portuguese who gave interview after interview crying about his desire to leave, his "slave" like treatment and his desire to play in white. When you think of that, the crazy adulation Ronaldo receives is nuts. The man may have admired/loved Fergie but he couldn't care less about United. I understand why people disliked Rooney but it's the completely opposite treatment that Ronaldo got for behaving in a FAR worse and, you know, actually leaving the club, is bewildering.
The threat was still there, and it came at a time when animosity between the two clubs was at an all-time high. It didn't help that he started to deteriorate after he got his whopper contract. Either way, the poster I replied to suggested that Rooney was engaging in some virtuous battle against the Glazers on behalf of Manchester United, which clearly isn't true.

In any case, I wouldn't say Ronaldo universally receives adulation from United fans. Most will look at him as a great player during his time with us and that's it. There's just a demented subsection who are particularly noisy about it, more-so when the conversation turns into a Ronaldo vs Messi debate (as it always does).

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I chose to believe by reading what you wrote :lol:

It's just bizarre to me, I can't get my head around it.

You said you've followed Utd since 1990 so you're an adult obsessed fanboy for a player.

I'll stop piling on because it's going nowhere, I just find the whole being obsessed with a player especially one not even at your club absolutely mental and weird. Sadly it seems like it's becoming more of a thing.
Well, I know there is a major difference in the way how the old/traditional football fans and new football fans think terms of supporting the club vs players. It could sounds like a sad thing to you. But fandom in Ronaldo or Messi over recent decades is real thing, they have combined total of over 500m followers in social media, that's 10 times more than the total population of England, take a moment to think about that. Even though you couldn't agree with most of them and think thats mental, you still have to accept that's the mentality of how new group of football fans, in overwhelming numbers, might think today.

UnitedFan93

Tricky one, if United has a chance to win the title but Ronaldo scored a last minute winner to win it for City, I'd probably be very very sad as United fan but proud as Ronaldo fan. Its mix of feeling very sad and proud, so its complicated. Its like losing a match which means alot to you, but also winning a bet which earns you a good amount of reward. Life is never as simple or linear as you might think it is.
For pretty much every United fan it would be the Aguero moment all over again but a hundred times worse.

Unless you're somehow related (which I'm certain you're not) I don't understand how you would feel a sense of pride at the moment. I would be totally gutted.

mshnsh

Tricky one, if United has a chance to win the title but Ronaldo scored a last minute winner to win it for City, I'd probably be very very sad as United fan but proud as Ronaldo fan. Its mix of feeling very sad and proud, so its complicated. Its like losing a match which means alot to you, but also winning a bet which earns you a good amount of reward. Life is never as simple or linear as you might think it is.
You'd probably become a closet City fan if he went there.

izec

He is not going to either PSG or City. Pep doesnt want him and Messi doesnt want to play with him either. They want to be the main guys at the club.

Suvvernmanc

What would the fee and likely wages be?. I'd love to see him here for 1-2 seasons before he moves to the US.

I don't think it would happen to UTD but if he does move, it'll be to France (PSG) Spain (back to Real) or England (Us and hopefully no one else).

cyberman

Its called bittersweet feelings
Not in football. You can’t be upset that United lost the title but be happy Ronaldo stuck it to us. It’s either one or the other.
Flip it on its head. We sign Messi and he sticks it to to Ronaldo by winning the quadruple and the Balon Dor in the process. The exact reverse of the scenarios being brought forward so far.
If there’s any tinge of sadness there then he isn’t a Utd fan. He is the type of fan Perez went after in 2004 so we can’t even blame modern football fans

RedDevilRoshi

Well, I know there is a major difference in the way how the old/traditional football fans and new football fans think terms of supporting the club vs players. It could sounds like a sad thing to you. But fandom in Ronaldo or Messi over recent decades is real thing, they have combined total of over 500m followers in social media, that's 10 times more than the total population of England, take a moment to think about that. Even though you couldn't agree with most of them and think thats mental, you still have to accept that's the mentality of how new group of football fans, in overwhelming numbers, might think today.
You said in one of your previous posts that you’ve been following Utd for the past 30 years which is a similar range to me as I’ve been following them for roughly the same time as you (25 years to be exact). The part in bold is something I just can’t get my head around particularly with you saying many fans in our age range would feel the same as you about wanting their favourite player to be a success at a rival. I’ve yet to come across this so-called “new set of fans” that back this claim up unless they are glory hunters that just follow a club for their success but then patch them the moment they stop winning. Surely you support your football team more than your favourite player?

Nothing wrong with you being a Ronaldo fan that’s your own personal choice. I like him too but wouldn’t exactly bow down to his feet and kiss his backside. The part you said would leave you in a tricky situation when you were handed the scenario by another poster if Ronaldo did an Aguero last minute 2012 moment to us (it would hurt a hell lot more than that let’s get that straight) that denied us the league title would make you feel upset but a little proud because it’s Ronaldo just has me shaking my head in utter confusion and disbelief. Surely if you call yourself a Utd fan, for all these years you’ve been following the club before you even heard of who Cristiano was, you’d have no small sense of proudness whatsoever seeing a rival snatch the league title like that because of the player that has won it for them?

Last edited:

gorky_utd

Really? You will enjoy a city player winning the league title?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Is he still a dominant player at almost 37 years old? I haven’t watched him much at all since he moved to Juve.
Good question. On an individual level yes, but it's hard to say whether that dominance is still conducive to team success at a high level. Dybala won league MVP over him in 19/20 and last season juventus barely scraped 4th in the league, thanks to napoli drawing their last game at home at that...

He did play a big part in them winning the italian cup though, but was more or less bad in their CL elimination against Porto

clarkydaz

without getting too sentimental i would be amazed if he would do it to Ferguson. it would be a huge let down to him

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Good question. On an individual level yes, but it's hard to say whether that dominance is still conducive to team success at a high level. Dybala won league MVP over him in 19/20 and last season juventus barely scraped 4th in the league, thanks to napoli drawing their last game at home at that...

He did play a big part in them winning the italian cup though, but was more or less bad in their CL elimination against Porto
I don't think porto is bad infact they were the only team caused all sort of problem in our last champions league winning campaign.

They were very physical and hunting like pack of wolves. Very challenging side that porto was. Not hyping them up but was true.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I could only speak for myself, but I would still cheer for him when he scores, except against us.
Anyway he is not the first United legend moving to City, Denis Law and big Pete did before him, their legendary status didn’t really diminish even after the played for them (at least for me).
Head in hands comment.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
I don't think porto is bad infact they were the only team caused all sort of problem in our last champions league winning campaign.

They were very physical and hunting like pack of wolves. Very challenging side that porto was. Not hyping them up but was true.
He was terrible against Porto. One of the worst if not the worst performance i've seen from him.

The One and Only

Honestly I can't understand the attitude of United fans ... Ronaldo gave His all at United and talks about his time there positively. He had always dreamed of Madrid - so much so that he joined Madrid when it was 2 levels below United in terms of its standing in Europe performance-wise. United are the same as Juventus to Him ... just a sex partner. Madrid was His wife.

United should be grateful that Ronaldo has a significant link to them. How many truly 'global' (not just European) superstars has United had in its 100-year history ... Best, Beckham, at a stretch Rooney? I bet United has continued to benefit even after Ronaldo left, just because of being associated with Him ... I bet the comment 'Ronaldo was developed here' comes up every time United try to sign a young player. I bet sponsors continue to overpay to United in the hope that United sign another Ronaldo some day.
What a load of garbage. Typical arrogant Madrid fan

However i can't comprehend why some United fans still have an unhealthy allegiance to Ronaldo. The feeling is absolutely not mutual.

The Firestarter

Honestly I can't understand the attitude of United fans ... Ronaldo gave His all at United and talks about his time there positively. He had always dreamed of Madrid - so much so that he joined Madrid when it was 2 levels below United in terms of its standing in Europe performance-wise. United are the same as Juventus to Him ... just a sex partner. Madrid was His wife.

United should be grateful that Ronaldo has a significant link to them. How many truly 'global' (not just European) superstars has United had in its 100-year history ... Best, Beckham, at a stretch Rooney? I bet United has continued to benefit even after Ronaldo left, just because of being associated with Him ... I bet the comment 'Ronaldo was developed here' comes up every time United try to sign a young player. I bet sponsors continue to overpay to United in the hope that United sign another Ronaldo some day.
Fecking hell, this thread is like a magnet for them.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans

What is with weirdo's and partner analogies in here?

cyberman

Not like we are the best supported team in the biggest league in the world or anything.
No superstars here. Nope

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat

Your post is a complete dick splat.

Ronaldo played great here and yeah, I’m grateful to have seen his development but to say we should be grateful just to be linked with him is one of the most insulting things I’ve ever read about this club. He’s nothing but a sub note, a moment, and he wasn’t even part of our greatest team.

Status
Not open for further replies.