Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Not to blow my own trumpet, but...

6 Feb 2016

...Ok, I'm blowing my own trumpet.
Fair do's! Though, I am pretty pessimistic when it comes to most things so I was fearing the worst.

Minimalist

Expect him to get shit for the first goal there but if you watch the replay he's totally off balance due to Bailly ducking for the header.

Vilev

Not a real defender, he is decent against Hull, but against top teams he is rubbish. He played like a midfielder and stopped right after he lost the ball thinking somebody would clean it up.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
It was dreadful defending. Doesn't even make much of an attempt to win the ball and just stands there once he's lost it.:lol:

Footyislife

Example of terrible defending by Blind. If Smalling was in there that wouldn't have been a goal. He really can't defend against good attackers. @ivaldo.

Vilev

Expect him to get shit for the first goal there but if you watch the replay he's totally off balance due to Bailly ducking for the header.
He is off balance because he lacked positional sense of a proper defender. He played the ball same way a DM would play in the middle of the park.

The United

Who was out of position for it? Bailly...

Look at the reply, KDB just took the ball in front of him and ran straight. LOL but yeah it is blind's fault...

Minimalist

He is off balance because he lacked positional sense of a proper defender. He played the ball same way a DM would play in the middle of the park.
Oh feck off - clearly never played football in your life. :lol: He was taking up a position assuming Bailly would actually challenge for the ball - which amazingly he decided not too. It's not great by Blind but it looked way worse in real time.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Blind didn't cover himself with glory but the fault is not his alone. We forced them to go long and fecked up when they did. Fellaini and Pogba let KDB run free. Bailly couldn't meet the ball. Blind was beaten to it first by a transitional run. Which one of those 3 is least at fault? Daley for sure.

The United

Tell me any defender would be able to guess where the flight of the ball would go in that situation? The ball should not even come thru bailly. It was he who was out of position to challenge the ball in the air properly...

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Who was out of position for it? Bailly...

Look at the reply, KDB just took the ball in front of him and ran straight. LOL but yeah it is blind's fault...
Bailly didn't give enough of a challenge for the ball but Blind utterly fails to anticipate that and KDB takes the ball past him with ease.

Minimalist

Bailly didn't give enough of a challenge for the ball but Blind utterly fails to anticipate that and KDB takes the ball past him with ease.
Well they are new partnership and Blind can't read his mind. I agree, some defenders might have anticipated it (Bailly not challenging) but I don't think it's indicative of 'bad' or 'good' centre backs - purely a roll of the dice.

The United

eh no? KDB took the ball in front of him coz it was a lucky 2nd ball just dropped off in his path.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Example of terrible defending by Blind. If Smalling was in there that wouldn't have been a goal. He really can't defend against good attackers. @ivaldo.
It happens to the best of them. Unless Blind is perfect you will bitch and moan at every mistake. He will make mistakes like any defender.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Well they are new partnership and Blind can't read his mind. I agree, some defenders might have anticipated it (Bailly not challenging) but I don't think it's indicative of 'bad' or 'good' centre backs - purely a roll of the dice.
It's not even about reading his mind, or even about the basic anticipation of it - it's just that Blind does nothing whatsoever. If he could anticipate it, then great, but even if he can't do that then he should at least be doing something, whether it be giving a chase or sticking a foot out. Applying some pressure would've made it more difficult for KDB but Blind just stands there and does precisely feck all.

Minimalist

It's not even about reading his mind, or even about the basic anticipation of it - it's just that Blind does nothing whatsoever. If he could anticipate it, then great, but even if he can't do that then he should at least be doing something, whether it be giving a chase or sticking a foot out. Applying some pressure would've made it more difficult for KDB but Blind just stands there and does precisely feck all.
Blind isn't catching him and he knows it. I agree that it looks better if the player makes the effort to chase back but it wouldn't have made a difference. If you're referring to KDB beating him to the ball - Blind has no chance with that.

The United

KDB just took the ball and ran with it. No amount of speed would save from him taking that shot.

Footyislife

and the clueless fecks will think that goal was all Blind's fault
And the clueless Blind supporters will defend him to death. Couldn't defend 1v1 because all he knows how to do is back up. Simple as that. Didn't even try to make a challenge, and doesn't have pace to stay with KDB. Smalling could have done either.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Blind isn't catching him and he knows it. I agree that it looks better if the player makes the effort to chase back but it wouldn't have made a difference. If you're referring to KDB beating him to the ball - Blind has no chance with that.
But he should be doing something. Again he should be making some sort of effort to anticipate it. Watch the replay and KDB is on the move as soon as he can see it's his teammate who's getting his head to the ball - and becomes quite clear that's going to happen a moment or two beforehand. Blind should be reading it as soon as that happens and attempting to do something about it. Instead he pretty much backs out of KDB's way and just lets him stroll right through unchallenged.

Dr. Funkenstein

Not CAF Geert Wilders
It looked worse than it was. Maybe a very agressive defender who anticipated very well could got himself kicked in the head, but it was class from De Bruyne who was just too quick. That caught Blind watching and together with his posture at that time made him look silly, a lot sillier than he was.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
So lucky that penalty wasn't given. Please bring on Smalling.
You're like a child, you'll be calling hand ball against him every time he headers it soon. The fact there hasn't been a reply nor was there any real appeal shows us you're the only one who thought that was a pen.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
KDB just took the ball and ran with it. No amount of speed would save from him taking that shot.
And the reason he did that was because Blind did absolutely nothing to stop him nor anticipate it. KDB anticipated it as soon as the header was made. Blind took extra time to react. There's an argument he should've been positioned deeper in case the header went to KDB in the first place, but even if you don't subscribe to that the fact he does nothing whatsoever is poor of him.

Minimalist

But he should be doing something. Again he should be making some sort of effort to anticipate it. Watch the replay and KDB is on the move as soon as he can see it's his teammate who's getting his head to the ball - and becomes quite clear that's going to happen a moment or two beforehand. Blind should be reading it as soon as that happens and attempting to do something about it. Instead he pretty much backs out of KDB's way and just lets him stroll right through unchallenged.
If you can't see (in the replay) that Blind is off balance (in the same way a goalkeeper can get done by a deflection) then there's nothing more to say. It wasn't great for Blind I agree but it's no where near his fault alone.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
If you can't see (in the replay) that Blind is off balance (in the same way a goalkeeper can get done by a deflection) then there's nothing more to say. It wasn't great for Blind I agree but it's no where near his fault alone.
Then it's his fault for being off balance, isn't it?:lol:

He's in a position where one of two players is going to win the header: Bailly, or an opposition player. It's hardly out of the realms of possibility to suggest it wasn't going to be Bailly who won it, and he utterly fails to prepare for that or react to it. Again, KDB does; he's ready to go and pounce on the opportunity as soon as the header is made. Why isn't Blind ready to react, or positioned in such a way where he will be able to adapt?

I'm not even saying it's all his fault: Bailly can take some culpability for not challenging the header, but the idea that the goal somehow wasn't Blind's fault at all when he fails to do anything whatsoever is daft.

Minimalist

Then it's his fault for being off balance, isn't it?:lol:

He's in a position where one of two players is going to win the header: Bailly, or an opposition player. It's hardly out of the realms of possibility to suggest it wasn't going to be Bailly who won it, and he utterly fails to prepare for that or react to it. Again, KDB does; he's ready to go and pounce on the opportunity as soon as the header is made. Why isn't Blind ready to react, or positioned in such a way where he will be able to adapt?

I'm not even saying it's all his fault: Bailly can take some culpability for not challenging the header, but the idea that the goal somehow wasn't Blind's fault at all when he fails to do anything whatsoever is daft.
Wise up. Seriously.

The best players in the world play on intuition - they don't think these things through, it's all pattern recognition.

Otherwise you should be blaming every damn goalkeeper who ever gets beats by a deflection! (Well I mean he knows it has to either (1) go to the left, (2) the right or (3) down the middle - so it's his fault for getting beat!)

The United

And the reason he did that was because Blind did absolutely nothing to stop him nor anticipate it. KDB anticipated it as soon as the header was made. Blind took extra time to react. There's an argument he should've been positioned deeper in case the header went to KDB in the first place, but even if you don't subscribe to that the fact he does nothing whatsoever is poor of him.
The reason was because baily got caught out of position. You should not be losing header too much in that kind of area and situation as a defender. Very simple.

Every attackers would anticipate that the ball might drop on their runs.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Wise up. Seriously.

The best players in the world play on intuition - they don't think these things through, it's all pattern recognition.

Otherwise you should be blaming every damn goalkeeper who ever gets beats by a deflection! (Well I mean he knows it has to either (1) go to the left, (2) the right or (3) down the middle - so it's his fault for getting beat!)
This wasn't a deflection though; it was a pretty basic bounce of a football after a header which was going to be won by one of two players. I don't even think Blind's seriously off balance. He just fails to anticipate what's going to happen and doesn't even muster a basic reaction.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Kept Kelechi onside for the second.

Our best defender huh? :lol:

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Baily was shit but Blind should be anticipating that Baily may not have won the ball even if he had gone for it. Not rocket science this.

Still just one mistake from him. It happens.

Footyislife

Once again amazing ball watching there to play nacho onside. He's so good. @ivaldo. Blind is a mediocre defender. Only good when we want to dominate games against the weaker sides.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Was getting far too much praise for being good against the mighty Hull, Saints etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.