Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

worldinmotion66

I thought he was pretty average and did little more than what should be expected of him. Always a mistake in him but he gives us something that we need and that our other options lack. He looks much more comfortable alongside Smalling.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He's overrated on here. Proved to me what I've been saying all along - that he's decent backup but not cut out to be first choice (yeah I know as backup he'd be played in this game anyway).
Makes no more mistakes than our supposed first team defenders Smalling and Bailly.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Makes no more mistakes than our supposed first team defenders Smalling and Bailly.
I wasn't very clear there, but I don't necessarily mean he shouldn't be playing as things stand. More that he's not as good as a lot make out and that we desperately need a world class CB.

ivaldo

I wasn't very clear there, but I don't necessarily mean he shouldn't be playing as things stand. More that he's not as good as a lot make out and that we desperately need a world class CB.
Good luck with that, they're rarer than a decent Rooney performance. You even have players like Mascherano putting in a horror show against the likes of Alaves a couple of games ago.

Silverman

Imo he should be starting instead of Smalling. A calming prescence at CB which we missed against Watford and can gives us some control along with Carrick.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Blind would be a sure starter if he was two inches taller. He is a very intelligent defender. I wouldn't worry about his lack of speed. John Terry was never quick. But his big negative is he is a tiny bit lacking in height.

Sylar

I hope to feck we stop changing our defenders around this season. He was poor in that penalty but I think he had to put his foot in.

But TFM and Rojo were even worse on that sequence.

Acole9

Outstanding
I think he's overrated by many as a centre half. He gave away a very clumsy penalty last night and he was woeful against City.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I think he's overrated by many as a centre half. He gave away a very clumsy penalty last night and he was woeful against City.
He's often poor whenever he's put under pressure.

Footyislife

Makes defensive mistakes that always cost us goals @ivaldo. But the ball movement is always better with him on the team. Though if we have Carrick/Herrera in the midfield we don't need his ball playing abilities at the price of giving up goals.

kumoli

Supports
Ajax
He's often poor whenever he's put under pressure.
With other words, we play attacking football last season and Blind was not really tested.
The best defending result for all PL had nothing to do with Blind, wright???

ivaldo

Makes defensive mistakes that always cost us goals @ivaldo. But the ball movement is always better with him on the team. Though if we have Carrick/Herrera in the midfield we don't need his ball playing abilities at the price of giving up goals.
Ok so what's the alternative then?

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
With other words, we play attacking football last season and Blind was not really tested.
The best defending result for all PL had nothing to do with Blind, wright???
I'm sorry but it was a very conservative approach last season, not attacking.

m1y2

Imo he should be starting instead of Smalling. A calming prescence at CB which we missed against Watford and can gives us some control along with Carrick.
AGAIN, simply stupid, even after yesterdays game where he showed that he's level below Smalling, why the hell Smalling, ppl get a grip, by far our best defender, just because Blind looks more polished on the ball doesnt change the fact he's worse defender, Blind should rotate with Bailly and I think it will be the case.. Smalling is a colosus in defence and particularly in the air and that was always important for Mourinho teams and title winning teams in the league in general, he will be a certain starter from Leicester game on..

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Think we should try him as a defensive midfielder again. Was decent yesterday

ivaldo

AGAIN, simply stupid, even after yesterdays game where he showed that he's level below Smalling, why the hell Smalling, ppl get a grip, by far our best defender, just because Blind looks more polished on the ball doesnt change the fact he's worse defender, Blind should rotate with Bailly and I think it will be the case.. Smalling is a colosus in defence and particularly in the air and that was always important for Mourinho teams and title winning teams in the league in general, he will be a certain starter from Leicester game on..
Smalling's appalling clearance from the original cross lead to the pen just as much as Blinds tackle, he had a chance to comfortably get the ball away and fecked it up totally.

That colossus also got beaten regularly against fenerbahce.

Silverman

Disagree. Bailly and Blind were formidable at the start of the season except against City which was because the midfield weren't protecting them. Smalling is awful on the ball and has been prone to clumsy moments recently.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
For me anyhow Smalling is a better defender but Blind is better at passing out from the back.

Man Utd 4:1 Leicester

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
What a wonderful player. Instead of Rooney must play, I think it's Blind must play. Simply makes the whole team work better, no matter where he plays. LB, CB or CM - he just HAS to be in the team.

Ixion

Best crosser at the club. He's quality whatever position he plays.

Bwuk

Best left back and best centre half at the club.

Wish we had two Daley Blinds.

Rossa

Bloody good as a lb at times, even though he lacks pace; but what he lacks in outright pace he makes up for in finding space - a little like Beckham in terms of that, not drawing further comparisons.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Whether it's CB, LB or midfield he has to play

Pure class

Ixion

Shaw is amazing and the future at LB of course but Blind is more direct in terms of whipping crosses in, so much has gone done his side today.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Fantastic in every way and in every position.

:drool::devil:

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Some people wanted him sold
Probably a very small minority. I was among those who didn't think he should be a starting CB, but no way did I want him sold. And he's actually proving me wrong about the starting CB thing too. Now I feel he needs to be in the team at all costs. It's him, not Rooney, that we should be shoehorning into the team. If Bailly Smalling is the starting CB pair, and Shaw is back as first choice LB when fit, then we need to find a position for Blind in midfield, because he makes us a better team when he gets the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.