Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil may care

Where was he on the goal? Other than that he was decent enough, certainly offers more to the attacking side of things than Darmian.

Walters_19_MuFc

Think he was asked to tuck in centrally while defending.
This. Mourinho, especially when he is seeing out a game, likes his full backs tucked in, whilst his wingers become the wing backs, if you like. Nothing wrong with his positioning there, in my opinion. Maybe Pogba could have come round to help Rashford out.

Moiraine

Think he was asked to tuck in centrally while defending.
If true, than Mourinho is an absolute tool, Wenger brought two players to give him a goal, one header and one for cross. There should have been a cover to double up on Ox. It is absolutely pathetic that Blind was no where to be seen what was his original position. The cross should never have been allowed in the first place.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
This. Mourinho, especially when he is seeing out a game, likes his full backs tucked in, whilst his wingers become the wing backs, if you like. Nothing wrong with his positioning there, in my opinion. Maybe Pogba could have come round to help Rashford out.
Pogba was there to help him out. Rashford made the mistake. You never show them on the outside, especially when they've got legitimate targets in the middle. Show him inside, double team with Pogba and threat snuffed.

Pogba was there to help him out. Rashford made the mistake. You never show them on the outside, especially when they've got legitimate targets in the middle. Show him inside, double team with Pogba and threat snuffed.
Aye, Pogba must have been pulling his hair out at how stupid a decision it was. Just block that fecking wing Marcus... arggghh.

Sylar

Especially for somebody who has a right foot and is fresh. Blind did ok and I thought it was the right sub at the right time for Darmian.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
If true, than Mourinho is an absolute tool, Wenger brought two players to give him a goal, one header and one for cross. There should have been a cover to double up on Ox. It is absolutely pathetic that Blind was no where to be seen what was his original position. The cross should never have been allowed in the first place.
You are seriously stretching to place any blame on Blind. Unless you want him to leave his man who has positioned himself in the box to play back up to Rashford when Pogba was already there, all the while ignoring the fact Rashford was beaten incredibly easily.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Every game when we're defending, the full backs have been very narrow on both sides, effectively lining up as centre backs. Definitely a tactical decision, and not an individual positioning issue. Seems odd when they've just brought on Ox-Chamberlain, leaving it up to Rashford alone to stop him. But the blame lies with Mourinho's instance on it, rather than Blind himself.

Not sure why Blind didn't start though. Darmian is a decent defender, but he's not got a lot going on in attack. Blind is better there. His cross for Rojo's header was superb. He put in a few great balls.

prath92

So your issue with blind was that he was doing what the manager told him to do?

prath92

Looks like he had a decent game because if he even had a small mistake then @Skills will be on the thread saying how pathetic he has been for 3 years

Man Utd 4:0 Feyenoord

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Insane passing range, so close for Mata. We look so much better when we've got a ball playing centreback starting.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Best defender in the world on the ball. It's not even a debate imo.

Devil may care

I wouldn't go as far as Adisa but his distribution from the back really adds an extra dimension to our team.

CaptainBirdseye

too lightweight for Jose in midfield you reckon?

Wouldn't mind seeing him there again just a couple of times to see him starting attacks a bit more frequently, but he usually performs excellently as a centre back so might not be worth it anyway.

glad he got another look in, hopefully he's amongst the mix for some bigger games at CB, just helps tidy up and start attacks so much more than any of our other centre backs

Bwuk

Can't wait for Bailly to come back. Blind/Bailly is our best pairing.

TheSweeper

Can't wait for Bailly to come back. Blind/Bailly is our best pairing.
I would like to see bailey start on the left if he is ever paired with smalling or Jones. He seems much more dexterous. Do you agree?

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
He's very good on the ball, but there's a couple who are better.
Edit: Very few come to mind, Pique aside I think there are a few CBs who have better long distribution but aren't as competent at the short passing game as Blind is

Last edited:

too lightweight for Jose in midfield you reckon?

Wouldn't mind seeing him there again just a couple of times to see him starting attacks a bit more frequently, but he usually performs excellently as a centre back so might not be worth it anyway.

glad he got another look in, hopefully he's amongst the mix for some bigger games at CB, just helps tidy up and start attacks so much more than any of our other centre backs
I think Jose feels if Carrick plays there is usually no need for Blind, and having two slowcoachs in defence is also a hindrance.

Sylar

Would like to see him in CM when Carrick isnt playing. Thought he did well for us in the first season when played 442 diamond. Having legs next to him wouldnt be a problem. Hes probably quicker than Carrick too.
His reading of the game is really good and has good distribution.

Ekeke

Such a quality player, no matter where he plays. Still remember all the unfair comments he got in his first season.

At the beginning of last season I said I was worried Barcelona would try and take him. This remains my concern.

dichinero

I'll agree with you here simply because he is in a team where we have very few players that are capable of spreading the ball leaving Blind with an extra responsibility to spray passes. At Juventus and Barcelona, Bono and Pique have the luxury of laying it onto other players whose responsibility is to be on the ball more.

Red_Beans

I am firmly in the try Blind at DM camp at this point. Rotate him with Carrick

jojose

I am firmly in the try Blind at DM camp at this point. Rotate him with Carrick
I agree with this. Bailly and one more behind him and Pogba and Herrera in their with him and he can be carricks long term replacement. I was against him in midfield. But with Pogba and Herrera he can be excellent in their for us.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
Blind has showed nothing to suggests he might cut it in midfield in the PL. The few times he's played there he's got overrun way too many times, and he's not got enough time on the ball play his killer passes. At CB he's got all the time in the world to ping his passes around to great effect.

I'm more than happy to be proved wrong but I just don't see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.