Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
If I didn't know any better, I'd say you only watch highlights. Blind has made the least amount of individual defensive errors. The whole lazy, weak and slow thing is just some nonsense really, the same way they said the same about Mata who has been our most productive player of 2016
I have a season ticket!

Lawman

I dont know if anyone notices this- When carrick plays; he drops very deep inbetween the two defenders.

The two defenders split very wide allowing our fullbacks more freedom to push forward. This is usually how we start attacks.

Blind having that experience at CB could play this position easily as a CDM shifting in and out of a tertiary CB role.
Think everyone unless their eyes are painted on notices this @TheSweeper!

Kag

This thread only serves to highlight just how super analytical football is these days. Players are picked at for the smallest of little errors. Even ten years ago, there just wasn't the tools in place to highlight all of these apparently major mistakes. Now, all it takes is a GIF to circulate 30 seconds after it has happened on social media and the wisdom of some bloke that should probably head out for a pint in the real world.

Meanwhile, former greats are viewed through a prism of nostalgia and all of these very same small mistakes they made simply can't be highlighted. I dread to think of the stick Steve Bruce would get now if he were to be zoomed into 2017.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Its usually spot on but today it's been horrendous.
I don't agree that it's good this season at all. I remember him being much better crosser at times last season, he used to put some cracking crosses.

The United

I don't agree that it's good this season at all. I remember him being much better crosser at times last season, he used to put some cracking crosses.
Ah like the one that he did for rojo against I think westham?

Corners count as crosses?

TheSweeper

I just don't think playing him at LB is playing to his strengths. He is someone who can dictate play & he is being utilized on the left because we are predominantly weaker attacking through that channel than the right.

The United

That's just one example, even Valencia puts decent cross from time to time.
His crossing has been poor today for sure.

But, he has been decent at it this season. He hasn't been playing many games lately as well.

The United

Not that I thought blind was excellent and rojo is a bad player. But as soon as I saw Rojo replaced him, I had a feeling there is a goal coming from that side for some reason. Just a feeling.

Roboc7

Too slow to be a good enough lb, fine as cover there but we need better.

3KDré

Shaw is back soon. Hopefully he can find some form alongside the resurgent Martial.

m1y2

he should be a buck up option for LB, CB and CDM, nothing more than that, great squad member, I'd give him run out while Carrick is resting, in the midfield though, last sort of chance before we buy someone in the summer for that position

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Traore will be a handful against any defender. I wouldnt read too much from his performance today. Good decision to take him off as he was already in yellow and we were getting frustrated.

prath92

Traore beat him once. The one where Smalling had to cover. One time he also got carded for a foul. That's all. Can't remember many other instances of traore getting the better of him?

Godfather

He's really a liability against pacey wingers I think. Not a big fan of him on the left back position. He has a really great left foot that's certainly helping a lot but he just lacks too much pace for a fullback.

Lawman

Traore beat him once. The one where Smalling had to cover. One time he also got carded for a foul. That's all. Can't remember many other instances of traore getting the better of him?
Prath92 be honest he's on borrowed time!

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
The most perfect temporary solution ever for multiple positions.

There are not many of this type of players plus the character.

prath92

Prath92 be honest he's on borrowed time!
Borrowed time? Not at all. As i said there was maybe one instance of traore actually getting the better of him. Couple of times blind recovered very well.

As I said once before, you should stop exaggerating everything and spouting nonsense.

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
He's really a liability against pacey wingers I think. Not a big fan of him on the left back position. He has a really great left foot that's certainly helping a lot but he just lacks too much pace for a fullback.
Possibly his best game at lb was up against Sterling against Liverpool. He coped easily with Navas that season too. A fast winger is always likely to beat his man once or twice as they usually have the running start on him. Blind coped fine today, imo.

Last edited:

Minimalist

Ill worry more about Blind at LB when we have another player in the squad demonstrating superior ability in that position.

Hint: Shaw hasn't.

Lawman

Borrowed time? Not at all. As i said there was maybe one instance of traore actually getting the better of him. Couple of times blind recovered very well.

As I said once before, you should stop exaggerating everything and spouting nonsense.
You should stop being so touchy about Blind! He is not good enough to be a starter long term and it is obvious.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I said this yesterday as well in this thread that Fullback is just such a hard position to play in. Traore has troubled all the left backs I have seen him play against and so no surprise that he killed Blind.

Janson

Blind played at CB when he had Fellaini there to protect him. Since Fellaini's been dropped, so has Blind from centreback.

Meanwhile, Blind has played at left back 6 times. On only two of those occasions have either Martial/Rashford played in front of him, despite them being the most frequent starters at leftwing. In fact, Blind has played leftback EVERY SINGLE TIME someone other than Rashford/Martial has been on the leftwing (when Lingard, Rooney, Young and Mkhitaryan started there).

It's pretty clear that Mourinho likes Blind at leftback. Indeed, he's first choice depending on who plays at leftwing. But the manager doesn't trust either Martial or Rashford to give him the protection he needs.

That's always the problem with Blind. He needs someone in front of him whether it's in the middle or on the flank. He simply lacks the positioning and pace to go with his great passing and crossing ability.
I have to agree with this. It's becoming more and more evident that this is the case.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Traore looked different gravy today to be fair. Was beating everyone on our team.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
His crossing has been so poor, not just this game too. He got a lot of space today and did nothing with it, he needs to do a lot. I would have Young in games like this

Status
Not open for further replies.