Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil may care

His crossing was the big let down today, the raw pace and power of Traore would cause most FB's trouble.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
You should stop being so touchy about Blind! He is not good enough to be a starter long term and it is obvious.
You seem to post against Blind whenever someone posts a genuine review about him. Rather than pointing out the other time he was beaten by traore, you just said he's on borrowed time..

I think it's you who is touchy about Blind.

Shaw has showed a much higher ceiling.
Means feck all if he's not achieving his potential.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
You seem to post against Blind whenever someone posts a genuine review about him. Rather than pointing out the other time he was beaten by traore, you just said he's on borrowed time..

Just fed up watching him being the week link in our team but to be fair he is better than Darmain. Hopefully Shaw is back to his normal self soon.

TheSweeper

How is he a weak link :lol:

He may not be the strongest link but weak he isn't not.

Not his best game. We always have a scapegoat whenever we are not winning. It's got hardly anything to do with the players and more to do with the supporters mentality.

It's lingard when he plays, it's blind when he plays then it's fellaini. It's time you lot realize that everything doesn't always go roses and flower petals & even our best players will have off games. At that point everyone is still more inclined to blame the players who are not superstars.

You would have guessed that blind let a goal in. He didn't. They scored when he went off - why is no one blaming anyone for that? So let's save the blame until he actually costs us something - instead of actually struggling in a tough game for the WHOLE team.

Dante

Average bang

He kind of is. He's dropped way down the pecking order for CB (6th after Herrera, on today's showing), whilst he's nip-and-tuck with Darmian and now Rojo for backup at LB.

His stock in both his main positions is evidently falling. Can he turn it around? Yeah, maybe. But Mourinho isn't going to have patience for a man whose ceiling is as a backup to superior players. Based on appearances, that patience seems to be waning. He needs to get back to being a Steady Eddie because he's not much use as a reserve player otherwise.

I'd still like to see him tried at DM before any final decisions about his future are made, mind you.

Sylar

6th after Herrera, rofl.

Anyway, it was his worst game for us to day since probably that CB match against West Ham. Saying hes on borrowed time is over-reaction. Morgan and Memphis are on borrowed time. Blind is still contributing (he just scored last match playing as LB). I dont think he was going to start next match away to WHU anyway esp if Carroll is going to start for them.

OneUnited24

Started the season well but hes looked really off the pace since the City game. I really rate him as a squad player but some of his performances dont even warrant that place

TheSweeper

6th after Herrera, rofl.

Anyway, it was his worst game for us to day since probably that CB match against West Ham. Saying hes on borrowed time is over-reaction. Morgan and Memphis are on borrowed time. Blind is still contributing (he just scored last match playing as LB). I dont think he was going to start next match away to WHU anyway esp if Carroll is going to start for them.
Lol right? Anyway asking for stability from a player who plays multiple positions is just not going to happen unless he gets to Main one.

LB won't be getting the best of blind.

Grunge

So far away I get up 4am to just watch Utd on TV
For me, Blind is a bit like Fletcher was in that the gaffer felt comfortable putting his just about anywhere while knowing he wasn't;t quite good enough to lock down any one position. A great team player, able to score the odd goal like he did beautifully last week, play well at LB, fill in at either CB position & if pushed could settle in just in front of the back four. (I know,I know. Fletcher was more a midfielder but the point is he could & did play anywhere upon request but unless we had injuries or players needed resting, he rarely started)
Blind was okay last week but he was shown up for pace today, and for me it just bodes well that Luke Shaw is back in training. With the rest of the team playing so well & results finally going our way, I bet that once he gets a little run in the team, we'll see the player we thought we bought and the one that was doing so well before that tackle.

::sonny::

Embarrassing and useless

Can't attack
Can't defend
Slow
Weak physically

He has only a decent passing and a good shoot, and can play (badly) in many positions

OzKangarooney

Embarrassing and useless

Can't attack
Can't defend
Slow
Weak physically

He has only a decent passing and a good shoot
Which can also describe Carrick, to be honest. I think Blind has shown he is not going to be able to be a top class defender, do a job sure, but he will never be a standout at CB or LB so we need to let him get some games in the midfield i reckon and see if he actually has a chance to succeed Carrick in that role.

kr0nix

Embarrassing and useless

Can't attack
Can't defend
Slow
Weak physically

He has only a decent passing and a good shoot, and can play (badly) in many positions
That's nonsense. He wasn't at his best today but he's been consistently good ever since he's been at United.

kr0nix

Currently we only have one full back capable of matching opposition wingers with genuine pace - that's Valencia. The rest - Shaw, Blind, Darmian, Rojo - are much less reliable in this regard.

Lawman

Which can also describe Carrick, to be honest. I think Blind has shown he is not going to be able to be a top class defender, do a job sure, but he will never be a standout at CB or LB so we need to let him get some games in the midfield i reckon and see if he actually has a chance to succeed Carrick in that role.
You are saying Blind is the same as Carrick? Ffs come on Oz! We need better if we are going to be a top team.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
Currently we only have one full back capable of matching opposition wingers with genuine pace - that's Valencia. The rest - Shaw, Blind, Darmian, Rojo - are much less reliable in this regard.
Shaw might have lost some of his ridiculous top speed due to obesity and injury, but he's still very very fast.

OzKangarooney

You are saying Blind is the same as Carrick? Ffs come on Oz! We need better if we are going to be a top team.
Not the same but similar, and we won't know if we do need better if we don't let him focus on playing that role, since he has never been able to do that for us. I would not care too much if we were at just looking at buying someone whom Jose thinks could walk straight into the first team in that position though, i would just like him to at least get a chance since their styles seem so similar, even if he will never be a starter, it would nice to know if we can count on him to be able to fill that position when called upon thus giving us a reason to keep him around, since he won't be kept around just because he can play cb and lb at a lower standard than we should be settling for.

kr0nix

Shaw might have lost some of his ridiculous top speed due to obesity and injury, but he's still very very fast.
He is fast, but that doesn't stop him losing duels to quick wingers - Navas and Oxlade-Chamberlain have given him issues in the past.

Lawman

Not the same but similar, and we won't know if we do need better if we don't let him focus on playing that role, since he has never been able to do that for us. I would not care too much if we were at just looking at buying someone whom Jose thinks could walk straight into the first team in that position though, i would just like him to at least get a chance since their styles seem so similar, even if he will never be a starter, it would nice to know if we can count on him to be able to fill that position when called upon thus giving us a reason to keep him around, since he won't be kept around just because he can play cb and lb at a lower standard than we should be settling for.
Carrick has a much better passing range and is two footed. Plus he is quicker on the ball and see's passes few see into the front man. His positioning is also top drawer shielding both centre backs. His body shape when receiving the ball is top class every time Blind hasn't got this but that's not saying he isn't good on the ball as he is but just not at Carricks level as a midfielder.

Fracture90

If he's to stay with us i simply don't see him as anything other than a backup squad player.

His lack of speed, pace and strength is not something that can be overlooked in EPL.

He has good understanding of the game and he knows how to put in a pass or a cross but that's not enough to compensate for his lacking IMO.

With that being said I think he can do somewhat decent job on DMF in games like these when Carrick is unavailable or resting. Much better job than Fellaini.

Bojan11

Any news on his injury?

Need him and Shaw back soon as Darmian is awful as a left back.

Man Utd 4:0 Reading

Rossa

Anyone still thinks he doesn't struggle with pacy wingers? He's so easily skinned even when he knows what's coming. Also,leaving 10 miles of space behind you at every opportunity when you are that slow may not be the best idea.

Kazi

Ehh, he plays at his opponent's level and steps it up when he's facing a real player

prath92

Just went from one end of the pitch to another and blocked an attack. I think it's overstated the whole he leaves space. Every full back does it when he has to get up and down frequently.

Minimalist

I look forward to same detailed scrutiny that Shaw receives when he plays again. /s

prath92

Again defensively assured. Passed it out comfortably under pressure too. Now watch the guys come out and say 'he wasn't troubled'

Status
Not open for further replies.