Damage done by previous regime

Greck

No he can't decide on his own and requires clearance from the owners.

'Director of Football negotiations' is the official title of Matt Judge. His remit is to renew contracts/ negotiate transfers. A simple google search will tell you this.
And a simple understanding of organizational roles will tell you there is no way Murtough, the director of football wasn't involved in the decision to renew Phelan and other staff directly in his department/wing of the organisation. Do you know how stupid this sounds? You also think Murtough is in the press discussing these contract renewals just for PR and wasn't involved in them?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
And a simple understanding of organizational roles will tell you there is no way Murtough, the director of football wasn't involved in the decision to renew Phelan and other staff directly in his department/wing of the organisation. Do you know how stupid this sounds?
Do you know of any club with a DoF that works under the Manager model? Solskjaer was the head of football and the de facto DoF. He set the directive and the board backed him and his staff. Matt Judge is tasked with contract/transfer negotiations and there's no confusion here on my part.

Like i've said before, we're now going to judge Murtough and the first identifiable decision he's made at first team level is to bring in Rangnick

Adnan

Talent Spotter
You have to remember that Judge is Woodward's mate from Uni so its possible for him and Woodward to have direct communication and make decisions without Murtough. I think the first big decision that Murtough and Fletcher have made is the Rangnick appointment, even in the summer, when it all looked like we were having a fantastic summer, the club was briefing that Fletcher and Murtough were not involved in the decisions and targets.
Completely agree, good post.

lloyd2wayne

Just because you don't understand something, doesn't mean it is pointless.
Understand what exactly? Please enlighten me the point in signing a forth keeper since you may understand . You guys keep proving my point that the old management were clueless.

lloyd2wayne

There were differing reports on the Lingard West Ham situation, with Moyes saying OGS blocked it, others saying Langar turned it down.
That insult isn't necessary either.
And isn’t that the point I’m making and the purpose of this thread you are in ? “The damage done by previous regime”. Why would Ole block his move when he wasn’t in his plans.

The whole back and forth started by me saying Ole hoards players and you just confirmed it by saying reports suggest he blocked Lingards move.

And where am I being insulting? Telling someone common sense should be considered when arguing isn’t an insult. Grow a thick skin.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
And isn’t that the point I’m making and the purpose of this thread you are in ? “The damage done by previous regime”. Why would Ole block his move when he wasn’t in his plans.

The whole back and forth started by me saying Ole hoards players and you just confirmed it by saying reports suggest he blocked Lingards move.

And where am I being insulting? Telling someone common sense should be considered when arguing isn’t an insult. Grow a thick skin.
Other reports said Lingard rejected it though.
Your thick as concrete comment wasn't needed.

lysglimt

Scout
Understand what exactly? Please enlighten me the point in signing a forth keeper since you may understand . You guys keep proving my point that the old management were clueless.
I don't know the reasons, simply because we aren't informed of every reason the management has. But I will tell you a story I was told from a guy who worked a lot as a sports psychologist with Svennis. Svennis was appointed manager of Lazio in 1997 and 2 years later he signed 33 year old Attilio Lombardo who had just spent 2 years at Palace (without being too impressive)

Svennis was ridiculed in the italian press for signing Lombardo who was way past it. Lombardo didn't play that much but Lazio won the league anywa - and after the season, this sports psychologist asked Svennis : Why did you sign Lombardo, he is not good enough to be more than a part-time player for Lazio.

Svennis replied: I know - but he is so fun to be around. He lifts the mood every time he enters the room.

And maybe, just maybe - there was another reason why the "clueless" management decided to keep him. Just because we don't see the reason, doesn't mean the reason behind it is wrong.

Caesar2290

Ole said alot of things.... did you believe everything he said? He also said he wanted to keep Sanchez... did he?

Amad was about to go on loan to Feynoord in the summer but got injured, ofcourse you'll forget that because it suits your narrative.
You're right. I do have a narrative, and it's: "Ole was completely out of his depth and he horrifically mismanaged our squad". And if you think otherwise, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Didn't know about Amad though. Touche

Re: Sanchez - he said that after he went out on loan, not while he was with us. He wanted him out ASAP. We even went as far as paying 50% of his wages just to get rid. Contrast that to Lingard, Martial, Bailly, DVB and it's night and day.

My point is that there is a reason we've suddenly come to life and have started loaning out our fringe players. The only difference between now and the start of the season is the manager. Hence why I'm saying that it was Ole and not the board who wanted the players to stay. Had it been otherwise they would have went out on loan regardless of Ole's wishes.

mu4c_20le

You're right. I do have a narrative, and it's: "Ole was completely out of his depth and he horrifically mismanaged our squad". And if you think otherwise, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Didn't know about Amad though. Touche

Re: Sanchez - he said that after he went out on loan, not while he was with us. He wanted him out ASAP. We even went as far as paying 50% of his wages just to get rid. Contrast that to Lingard, Martial, Bailly, DVB and it's night and day.

My point is that there is a reason we've suddenly come to life and have started loaning out our fringe players. The only difference between now and the start of the season is the manager. Hence why I'm saying that it was Ole and not the board who wanted the players to stay. Had it been otherwise they would have went out on loan regardless of Ole's wishes.
Ralf wanted the players to stay as well. The only difference is that he was facing a mutiny. So it does appear as if you are only seeing the things you want to see.

Caesar2290

Ralf wanted the players to stay as well. The only difference is that he was facing a mutiny. So it does appear as if you are only seeing the things you want to see.
Mutiny? I didn't see any mutiny. He's not trying to be buddy buddy with everyone. He's just being professional. Players like Bruno, Ronaldo and Maguire have been benched for a while and responded positively. If anything, you're the one who sees things that wants to see.

Now that Ralf had time to asses the squad, he identified the players that want to be here and that don't. Those that don't are out on loan or out the door.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
FC mates; "Give him time and money and lets see what happens." What can go wrong, eh?
Where are Gary, Rio and Paul now? Who is guilty now? Ed? Glazers? Ralf? Pogba?

I am 40y old and i can't remember when one manager fecked up one club like failed Cardiff manager did to us. But hey, lets give him another banner and song. I mean, he is a legend and loves the club more than anything.

roseguy64

FC mates; "Give him time and money and lets see what happens." What can go wrong, eh?

I am 40y old and i can't remember when one manager fecked up one club like failed Cardiff manager did to us. But hey, lets give him another banner and song. I mean, he is a legend and loves the club more than anything.
Okay

Crashoutcassius

Damn you ole making Ralf lose to middlesboro with 20 better players !!!! Damn youuuuuuuuu

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
The damage done is astronomical and romanticism has been plagueing us since 2013 and from what I heard was a major problem after the busby babes initial success period.

It's really hard to get out of historical ways or navigate through poor owners while trying to win at a historical team.

The New York Knicks and Toronto Maple Leafs are perfect examples.

The Leafs seem to have let the past go and modernise but have had some recent failures with an immensely talented team. Despite their talent, there seems to be a mental block due to so many recent epic failures.

The Knicks are still a joke and it's sad really. They are poorly run like us but at least we had a title in 2013.

The Leafs and Knicks are the 2 most popular and lucrative teams in the NHL and NBA respectively and haven't won in decades.

Let's hope we get our shit together before we end up like these teams.

Caesar2290

Another thing that at the time seemed like a good thing is giving the captaincy to Maguire as soon as he set foot in the club. At the time, it didn't seem like a bad idea, but now it created such a conundrum. He has poor performances, you can't bench him or strip him without selling him. Unreal man management right there.

sugar_kane

We can keep blaming Ole for all our current woes but, this season aside, at least we played like we could be arsed under him.

We also looked like a much bigger attacking threat —averaging almost 2 goals a game. We don’t look like we’d score 2 in a game with the current approach if we played all day.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Was there a manager in PL who did more damage to his club than failed Cardiff manager did here?

Acole9

Outstanding
Mental that some people still think he should be in charge. He's caused a lot of damage.

Lecland07

Turns out, despite people thinking he was the best man manager, he was actually the worst. He allowed the players to be comfortable in their mediocrity and lack of effort. There was no punishment for players who played poorly - this created the current atmosphere at the club, which is the worst I can remember now.

cyberman

Ole getting a tune out of this lot was a master stroke. It really fecking was.
We don’t even have counter attacks anymore. That was the biggest aspect of this squad, you had to sit deep or we would do you on the counter every time.
Where did that go?

Irwin99

Never said this before about my own team but i just hate this fecking team we've assembled. It's just so spineless and lacking in character.

TheRedDevil2019

Was there a manager in PL who did more damage to his club than failed Cardiff manager did here?
Yeah, Jose Mourinho's second Chelsea stint.... funny that, he's an ex United gaffer aswell.

Put keep spouting your nonsense with an obvious Ole agenda...

Roboc7

Ole left behind an absolute shit show and has set us back years. But worst thing is plenty of other involved in recruitment are still at the club, it’s just unthinkable that more people haven’t been held accountable. The incompetence that runs through the club is just comical and shows no sign of being addressed.

edgecutter

Ole getting a tune out of this lot was a master stroke. It really fecking was.
We don’t even have counter attacks anymore. That was the biggest aspect of this squad, you had to sit deep or we would do you on the counter every time.
Where did that go?
Considering its filled with his players I would fecking hope so

Shark

@NotShark
There's people still defending him too, failing to see that we're literally this hopelessly bad because he was stinking up the place for three years at the club. We've seen that exact performance today under Ole even when he was on a decent run and there were certain posters in here claiming he and his staff were doing well enough.

Jackal981

Thanks for handing over a bunch of shit bags for the current manager. Worst manager post Fergie. His cultural reboot bollox set us back 5 years at least. Glad he is gone forever from the club. What do you expect ? Its like asking a janitor to be a CEO of Amazon and surprised that he messed it up. The next CEO is there to clean his shitstains

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
The board and owners are the biggest reason we're where we are.

AFC NimbleThumb

Yeah, Jose Mourinho's second Chelsea stint.... funny that, he's an ex United gaffer aswell.

Put keep spouting your nonsense with an obvious Ole agenda...
Chelsea look to have done fine under multiple managers since though. . .

We’ll have to wait a few years but Champions of Europe & league titles beckon based on your metric, I simply can not wait.