5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prongsy

Its insane that we got him for as little money as we did, and lucky af that pool or leeds(as reported) didn't. Pool with james would have been unbreakable. What a player.

So happy its one of Ole's original ideas. Sure Jose probably signed Sanchez and hoped he may have had a similar impact, but one thing is wishing and another thing is realistically knowing "this is how you actually improve" and not once in those 17 games did Ole hide from what he wanted us to look like and it did include a front 3 that had almost everything this amazing kid brings in. Heart, Confidence, and Directness.

Could be player of the season if he keeps playing like this. hope he gets more protection though.

criticalanalysis

Good performance though I should say that he really should have got a shot off in the penalty incident and a couple times during the game.

He's doing all the right things by running with and without the ball, getting into good positions but if you're central and the space has opened, take a fecking shot!

kiristao

Superb game. One of the best performances at RW for United since Nani on his day. Really needs to cut of the diving though.

zenith

He's brilliant . Absolutely love his attitude more than anything.

I'm very sure he'll suffer a lack of form sometime during the season but his sheer pace will still be a huge asset in us creating chances as well as keeping the opposition full back in check. The fact that he he has AWB protecting his flank is even better.

Tarrou

If he was playing for another PL club and we wanted him, we'd be looking at £60m+ now. Great signing.

jackal&hyde

Very good game again by him. We have a good front 3 that will only get player with time.

ottosec

My man of the match yesterday.

Before this game, I felt that he was often a second too slow to release the ball when our striker was in a good position, but yesterday he was fantastic and created some great chances.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Appoint Ryan Giggs as our main scout to be honest.

In all seriousness though, this guy is such a wonderful talent. His crossing and passing has been a very nice surprise. Two cracking passes/cross in the last two weeks. Good to have a right winger.

AneRu

He's brilliant . Absolutely love his attitude more than anything.

I'm very sure he'll suffer a lack of form sometime during the season but his sheer pace will still be a huge asset in us creating chances as well as keeping the opposition full back in check. The fact that he he has AWB protecting his flank is even better.
Agree with this and I like the fact that for someone reputed to have a poor delivery his crossing has come up in leaps and bounds. If he joins the chemistry that Rashford and Martial have we will have a terrifying front three. Having him and Rashford on the flanks will mean that very few teams will want to play a high line against us and that will give the midfield and defense more space.

Ibi Dreams

So, a dive or a foul for the pen ?
If I'm being generous I would say that he barged the player trying to make space/get on to the ball, and then fell due to being off balance.

If I'm not being generous I would say that he barged the player and then went down looking for a penalty.

Probably the latter, to be honest. Good game otherwise though.

stevoc

Been great the last few games, provided width and a real threat down the right.

Who knew having a decent player on the right wing who can actually run and cross instead of just waddle about or wander off into the centre of the pitch could be useful.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Neither I think. He tried to put the defender off balance, put himself off balance in the process, even when he got up he was talking to the defender and it looked like James didn't think that was a foul either, think refs fecked this one up but I guess it's all fine since we didn't score from it.

Rajma

I still think playing him on the right we take away his goal threat. We need to get a left footed RW anyway.

Marcelinho87

Got to remember with the pace he runs it's easier to be knocked off your feet... He was running with the ball at speed and I think he wasn't going to get there when the defender ran across/into him.

For me it was a penalty.

I still think playing him on the right we take away his goal threat. We need to get a left footed RW anyway.
Disagree with this.

We have players who can score if somebody creates for them, we take James from the right and we lose his creativity.

I would rather have a right footed RW to counter our right footed LW if I am honest.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He should have scored yesterday instead of going down. He will still score from the right, he just needs to adjust more to the position. To be honest I like having a right footer on the right I think we have more balance with James RW and Rashford LF. For now anyway I think James will end up a sub/rotation option next season who can play both sides which is a good thing

UncleBob

Neither. James is a bit unlucky with his first touch so he goes all in to get in front of the defender. My only guess is that they awarded the penalty because the defender, for some reason, first goes shoulder vs shoulder and then decides to slide for the ball as well, which he's nowhere near.

cyberman

Neither. James is a bit unlucky with his first touch so he goes all in to get in front of the defender. My only guess is that they awarded the penalty because the defender, for some reason, first goes shoulder vs shoulder and then decides to slide for the ball as well, which he's nowhere near.
Yeah, he goes shoulder to shoulder then slides which causes James to fall since theres nothing there for him yo regain his balance against.
Like Del Boy against the bar
Its a weird foul but a foul non the less.

Jack_Daniels

Neither I think. He tried to put the defender off balance, put himself off balance in the process, even when he got up he was talking to the defender and it looked like James didn't think that was a foul either, think refs fecked this one up but I guess it's all fine since we didn't score from it.

Actually, Tettey told Norwegian media after the game yesterday that James had said to Tim Krul that it was not a penalty. No reason to doubt Tettey, who looked very reflected and balanced after game, but still managed to rage against his teammates (defenders) when talking about the Rashford goal. He even said he was too angry himself during the match :lol:

Hambley

The boy seems to be a shiny brilliant in the current squad. I only hope he will hold his conditions during the whole season.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He's young enough to work on it and bring his RW level up to his LW one. That move where Martial created a chance for him and he got a shot off on goal is something, with his pace, he can do regularly. It's the same thing as cutting in from the left really. Yes most right footers prefer the left wing, but everyone can't play there.

steve.crowford

Peach of a pass for Rashfords goal. nice to know he has it in his locker on top of his nice assist last week too and has been robbed of a couple of assists this season already. He's started the season so well tbf to him I was delighted we took a punt on him in the summer but he's been so much better then I expected him to be and probably a bit unfair on him he's been thrown in at the deep end a lot more then probably even he expected but he's really stepped up to it.

The bargain signing of the summer so far in the league?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'd rather have his creativity than his goal threat. I think we'd gain balance by him on the right and stretching the play.
100%. He's effective enough on that side, he creates space for Rashford and Martial and it benefits the whole team.

No coincidence that our whole team had more time on the ball with the pitch spread out wide and threats on both wings.

While James might score a few less goals directly, Rashford will chip in with just as many.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
100%. He's effective enough on that side, he creates space for Rashford and Martial and it benefits the whole team.

No coincidence that our whole team had more time on the ball with the pitch spread out wide and threats on both wings.

While James might score a few less goals directly, Rashford will chip in with just as many.
If we look at the goal scored by Willian this weekend, it shows us that a right footed on the right wing can still be very much of a goal threat

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I love his enthusiasm and hope he never loses it. He reminds me of a kid running around in a playground (in a good way).

Also very pleased that he's not just a pace merchant. Got a lot in his locker and also dealing with people smashing him in the best way, just gets back up and runs at them again.

Love watching him play.

Status
Not open for further replies.