g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Daniel James | Officially Signs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Oh, are you a regular Swansea watcher then? I can't tell from the clips and all the Swansea fans only talking about his pace
I keep up with a lot of Championship sides, yeah.
I've also seen him play in person, which I imagine is more than most people who post on the caf can say.
Obviously his pace is a big part of his game; he's a winger after all.
He's talented beyond that, though, he's composed, and very two footed, has a good, although inconsistent shot on him. He's creative too.
Honestly he's a good player. I don't know if he'll be a success if he joins us, but you can say that about every player his age.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Feck me is he rapid judging by the videos. Even if you consider that every single player we sign instantly becomes at least -2 slower he should be more than enough.

haram

Type of player if he goes to a promoted Leeds and plays well, fans will complain that we should have signed him while he was at Swansea.

Loublaze

ATLien
We need players that go straight into the starting eleven. Signing more squad options mediocre players isn't going to take us any far.

Though I said clearly I knew very little of him but these championship signings usually end up as an unexpected success or a flop.
I can't remember the last unexpected success from the championship to be honest, especially at a top club and I agree with your points. Nick Powell was the last player United got from the championship, he was hyped to the heavens and beyond. That Brooks kid at Bournemouth has been decent, nothing more, and Robert Earnshaw was a decent championship signing (Welshman too) in general but nothing more too. Same with Dwight Gayle, Jermaine Beckford etc.

el3mel

I can't remember the last unexpected success from the championship to be honest, especially at a top club and I agree with your points. Nick Powell was the last player United got from the championship, he was hyped to the heavens and beyond. That Brooks kid at Bournemouth has been decent, nothing more, and Robert Earnshaw was a decent championship signing (Welshman too) in general but nothing more too. Same with Dwight Gayle, Jermaine Beckford etc.
Robertson joined Pool once Hull got relegated iirc.

Loublaze

ATLien
I keep up with a lot of Championship sides, yeah.
I've also seen him play in person, which I imagine is more than most people who post on the caf can say.
Obviously his pace is a big part of his game; he's a winger after all.
He's talented beyond that, though, he's composed, and very two footed, has a good, although inconsistent shot on him. He's creative too.
Honestly he's a good player. I don't know if he'll be a success if he joins us, but you can say that about every player his age.
I guess we might find out. Im not even believing this until a deal is officially announced or BBC report it

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I guess we might find out. Im not even believing this until a deal is officially announced or BBC report it
Probably for the best, Sky reported it but they're not nearly as reliable as they once were.

Loublaze

ATLien
Probably for the best, Sky reported it but they're not nearly as reliable as they once were.
Yes. They just deleted their article about Fernandes being close to a City deal. The embarrassment! I stopped trusting them completely when they announced Gundogan to united

AFC NimbleThumb

Type of player if he goes to a promoted Leeds and plays well, fans will complain that we should have signed him while he was at Swansea.
yep.

it’s all up in the air but we look to have identified a young british talent so i’m keen to see him develop - would like a couple of these along with some experience.

i wish the lad well [you know as he’s potentially a united player]

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
From the OP on a Swansea forum:

Person who told me last week that he’s talking to United also said he is coming back on loan.
Won't be seeing him next season then :(

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
I am just 90 minutes out of general anesthesia, so my senses are a bit dull!
I wasn't trying to insult you with that smiley, just found it funny someone from Florida knew Wales had it's own language! It is gibberish tbf.

Also, hope you're well?

PoTMS

Dele Alli. James Maddison. Kyle Walker. Keiran Trippier.

And David Brooks has been more than just decent.

Loublaze

ATLien
Dele Alli. James Maddison. Kyle Walker. Keiran Trippier.

And David Brooks has been more than just decent.
Good shouts. Brooks has looked good in streaks but his numbers are just ok, nothing outstanding. Still young though. Those players did very well in the championship, this kid however was being compared to league 2 players by Swansea fans recently

izec

Well, someone said the video was mirrored, so you’ll never know. Not really
If they are, then not mirrored from right to left wing, but left half and right half of the football pitch. So he is still attacking on the left, just the other half.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I wasn't trying to insult you with that smiley, just found it funny someone from Florida knew Wales had it's own language! It is gibberish tbf.

Also, hope you're well?
Didn’t take any offense to it at all, no worries, brother!

Just had the last possible procedure before spinal fusion surgery, the procedure only being a bunch of deep, pain masking injections into both sacroiliac joints. Hopefully this will alleviate some of the chronic discomfort & pain as the prospect of invasive back surgery doesn’t sound too keen to me. Thanks for the ask!

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
Would be a fantastic signing at 15m - not much of a gamble. If he does well the he's a bargain, if not, then it's not a lot lost in today's market. I hope we continue with signings like this over the summer. Said it before, but Kai Havertz would be my choice of anybody out there to come in. Fits the profile of this type of signing too - young, relatively inexpensive, outstandingly gifted.

Eddy_JukeZ

Amazing pace, but he won't get that space with us against often packed defenses.

His technique looks bland from the few clips I've watched.

But I've never watched nor heard of him before today.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
This is exactly the truth. If you read the caf you would think we should be doing 95% of our business for a maximum of £10m only dealing with teams from poor leagues and lower tiers.

‘Why didn’t we get him before De Graafschap? Oh, because Woodward of course! A good DoF would have been able to identify him’.

Chairman Steve

I assume we're buying more wingers/wide forwards if we're planning to send him back out on loan. Otherwise that seems pretty stupid to me. The only natural wide player we have and the first one we buy in a while and we send him back out on loan.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Didn’t take any offense to it at all, no worries, brother!

Just had the last possible procedure before spinal fusion surgery, the procedure only being a bunch of deep, pain masking injections into both sacroiliac joints. Hopefully this will alleviate some of the chronic discomfort & pain as the prospect of invasive back surgery doesn’t sound too keen to me. Thanks for the ask!
Geez :nervous: let's hope you can avoid surgery! I'm beginning to suffer from back pain at 28 (mechanic) and I'm fearful of this situation.

Le Red

He looked class against City in the FA cup.
Obligatory highlights video:
I got some young Giggs vibes watching this video.
Fast as hell and skilled. Two footed and plays on either wing. Is not afraid of a tackle and has the looks of a workhorse. A steal for 15m I say.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Geez :nervous: let's hope you can avoid surgery! I'm beginning to suffer from back pain at 28 (mechanic) and I'm fearful of this situation.
Decades of playing golf & soccer at very high levels (especially soccer being a GK) has finally caught up to me. Find a good orthopedist or back doctor as soon as you can so y’all can discuss therapy & diet regimens, it’s never too early.

RedCurry

I see the sarcasm but believe me a lot of kids and manchildren really think FIFA = reality.
Isn't FIFA the video game as much a reality as a scouting network? I am assuming they assign these ratings by spending time watching these players? There are coaches, scouts, season ticket holders etc. as a part of FIFA's ratings mechanism. Of course it is not deterministic at all but we accept much lesser vetted sources like some random reddit posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.