Daniel James | Officially Signs

Status
Not open for further replies.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I see the sarcasm but believe me a lot of kids and manchildren really think FIFA = reality.
That can’t be a real thing, right? Judging players by their FIFA rank? I can sort of see some validity in FM, but fecking FIFA!

L1nk

Surely nobody is complaining if we sign this guy for 15mill, if he turns out to be class, then its a bargain, if he flops, well its hardly a loss in this market is it. Genuinely cant believe people are complaining, it doesn't matter who we sign does it, people will just complain. We aren't signing Jadon Sancho for over 100mill or whatever, so just deal.

Hoping if we sign him we add David Brooks too

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Decades of playing golf & soccer at very high levels (especially soccer being a GK) has finally caught up to me. Find a good orthopedist or back doctor as soon as you can so y’all can discuss therapy & diet regimens, it’s never too early.
Thanks for the tip! Hope you can avoid surgery!

EngimaMK

Ye
If the price is right I guess but not the most exciting signing ever. A bit worrying if we don't go for some established quality as well. The method of signing 'young and hungry' is very risky.
Yeah, because Lukaku, Di Maria, Sanchez all worked out well for us...

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Isn't FIFA the video game as much a reality as a scouting network? I am assuming they assign these ratings by spending time watching these players? There are coaches, scouts, season ticket holders etc. as a part of FIFA's ratings mechanism. Of course it is not deterministic at all but we accept much lesser vetted sources like some random reddit posters.
There are also random reddit posters determining FIFA ratings.

Will Singh

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Martial is incredibly talented. He does need to improve if he wants to make it here but sometimes sheer hardwork actually doesn't beat natural talent.
He is talented and IMO our best attacker but if you look like you don't care anymore then at a club the size of United you will be on the bench and that's what I want to see at our club hard work rewarded.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
You can never have enough left wingers.
Get a few of them in, don't even think about the right.

MetoTTT

Shall we do our usual, wait until a Southampton, or Tottenham take them, develop them, and then be talking 60-70m?
True but we didn't developped a single player for a long time. Even some good/promising players we bought look s***e.

Classical Mechanic

Ye

Yeah, because Lukaku, Di Maria, Sanchez all worked out well for us...
You can still stumble along near the top if you have talented players, like we have been doing. If we start signing players on the basis of being young hungry and British we could end up mid table. We need established talent as well.

Loublaze

ATLien
Shall we do our usual, wait until a Southampton, or Tottenham take them, develop them, and then be talking 60-70m?
Im not against signing him, its a small risk for the money, im just thinking we should manage our expectations, he's hardly a class act right now but certainly looks to have potential

Tapori

Mate has been watching him regularly.
Said he's a top signing; he's similar they say to a more pacier version of say Sharpe but with an even higher ceiling.
If we do sign watch him genuinely flourish in Ole's system.
SPEED KILLS

Sterling Archer

Mate has been watching him regularly.
Said he's a top signing; he's similar they say to a more pacier version of say Sharpe but with an even higher ceiling.
If we do sign watch him genuinely flourish in Ole's system.
SPEED KILLS
So does the hope of good things coming.

MrBest

The first thing that comes to my mind is that this signing (if it happens) is one of a player who has been scouted and picked by the manager. It’s not an Ed Woodward signing. It’s not a panic buy. Seen a couple of videos, read a bit and he looks exciting. Better than buying another sanchez i guess. Let’s take it easy and rebuilt slowly. Fingers crossed
I like this comment! Totally agree. Klopp did the same thing when he brought in Mane, Robertson, Salah Wijnaldum etc and promoted gomez AA. We need to stop being rash and be strategic.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Thanks for the explanation! It wasn't clear before. I understand not wanting your website flooded with shite but is this not a little be draconian? Jeez ... I came here from other United websites because it seems the best but I don't know how long i need to wait to even be treated like a human being!?!? It's a bit OTT.
I think once they notice you can type a proper sentence and aren’t 12 you’ll get there pretty quickly if posting regularly. Think it took me like 2 weeks of regular posting to get ‘promoted’. And that was when you needed the full 10 likes to post on the mains.

It’s not draconian, there’s so many posters on here you just need to demonstrate you’re not an idiot like I said - otherwise this forum would be full of the awful United fans we know and slightly love from Facebook, Twitter and other terrible forums. It’s a necessary step imo.

Cliche Guevara

The reason why I like the idea of this transfer is a lot of people seem to think we are looking at an average Championship pace-merchant. That would seem a massively random signing.

I’m confident enough in Ole and the new regime that they see something in this guy that makes them think he can get to the top. That might be naive but I can’t consider that we’re simply trying to pinch Leeds targets.

Like a few previous players we’ve apparently been in for, if we accepted some of the Caf’s opinions you’d have to struggle to understand how many of them even managed to become professional footballers.

United Hobbit

I'll admit to not knowing much about him but I'd far rather us take a 15m punt than a 50m one. He presumably wont be on massive wages also.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
I've never heard of him previously, let alone watched him play. Just saying.

Jezpeza

Sell Pogba, Lukaku, Martial. At least £150-180m there. Also, buy off Sanchez contract so he can sign elsewhere. Millions saved in wages. Herrera/Mata gone so wages there to spend. Dump Young/Jones/Rojo. More wages saved.

Promote Garner/Greenwood/Chong

BUY BUY BUY
Selling martial and pogba means literally spending as much as they bring in replacing them. Its a break even. Sanchez will cost a reported 25 million to buy off. New players will replace the wages saved by hererra and mata and some. Young would only leave on a free, with his injury and disciplinary record plus his general shitness rojo wouldnt really fetch anything to write home about and the same applies to jones except replace the disciplinary record with the fact he costs you a goal a game. So after reinvesting what we get for pogba and martial to fill the two holes they create in the team, we’d still have to sign 400 millions worth of players.

Not saying i dont wish we could though

Robin Your Persie

He terrorised Slovakia for Wales where he got his first competitive goal in March.

They couldn’t handle his pace and that had a defence which included Skriniar.

Jezpeza

Good shouts. Brooks has looked good in streaks but his numbers are just ok, nothing outstanding. Still young though. Those players did very well in the championship, this kid however was being compared to league 2 players by Swansea fans recently
Joe Gomez. Gareth Bale. Michael dawson. Jack butland. Nathan redmond. Demarai Gray. James Maddison. Kyle walker. Dele Alli was league 1. Robertson and Van Dijk SPL. David Brooks. Trippier.
Clyne, Moses, Zaha, Andy Johnson, oxlade chamberlain, walcott, dean ashton, peter crouch. Theres more I’m not thinking of as well.

Generally, the younger they are when you sign them, the better.

Players like godfrey and aarons at norwich look brilliant, and already have a full season pro football under their belts.

Still, like i said earlier, theres a strange snobbery about lower league signings.

Its like we dont learn, 6 years of big, shiny, expensive ‘proven’ signings and at our lowest point in three decades people are still convinced that the answer is more. We’ve became an easy last payday for fat cats and crocks and players entering their twilight. Lets sign more from that category.

Status
Not open for further replies.