Daniel James | Officially Signs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekeke

I'm happy with this signing, we're getting him pretty early and he stands out with his pace as well as having a bit of productivity in the final third in the championship, showing he can do more than just sprint. Might take more than 1 season to improve on what he did in the championship but I think he can be a good player for us longer term and in the meantime will offer a combination of pace and determination that none of our current wingers have.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Don't you guys take this away from me, he'll play on the right. We have a huge burning hole on the right, Ole knows this. Please play him on the right Ole. Please, please. With all the cherries on top.
I hope he plays as RW too, we have ignored that position for years now.

Varun

Staff
We need to sign him quick or we'll get priced out the way the reported fees is increasing.

Jonno

He'll get a lot of playing time. How often do our wingers play sh!te for an hour and we need an injection of energy from the bench?

I'll be more excited seeing James warming up rather than Martial or Sanchez.

ATXRedDevil

No idea if this kid will pan out, but being half Welsh I’m very excited about this. I wasn’t born near Manchester; Giggs and Hughes were big reasons why I started following the club the club as a youngster. Very happy to see another young Welshman potentially joining.

NJM78

He'll get a lot of playing time. How often do our wingers play sh!te for an hour and we need an injection of energy from the bench?

I'll be more excited seeing James warming up rather than Martial or Sanchez.
Martial I don't get when we have a much worse output in terms of goals and assists from the other two who play on the right. One a player so slow he has to arrive for a match the day before kick off and another who has more talent in fashion and dancing than actually playing football. James needs to be on the right as far as I'm concerned unless Ole plays Martial through the middle where he should be playing ahead of Rashy. Otherwise we still need to buy a right forward/winger.

redshaw

Really pleased for the lad. I expect him to make the position his own.

SteveW

Martial I don't get when we have a much worse output in terms of goals and assists from the other two who play on the right. One a player so slow he has to arrive for a match the day before kick off and another who has more talent in fashion and dancing than actually playing football. James needs to be on the right as far as I'm concerned unless Ole plays Martial through the middle where he should be playing ahead of Rashy. Otherwise we still need to buy a right forward/winger.
This might seem insanely optimistic but I actually think Greenwood will play a lot next season as the right sided forward and absolutely smash it.

Jonno

Martial as an example. But I could easily list the rest of our wingers. They've all been incredibly dissapointing apart from maybe Mata. Mata being a non-winger but our best winger. Our squad makes me feel sick.

DavidDeSchmikes

Also by next week, questions will be asked... Why did we buy James for?
Bantz bible: HAHAHAHA, Man Utd have spent £30 MILLION on a Championship player (laughing with tears emoji)
Daily Mail: Why Daniel James signing is a sign of desperation
BBC: The EYE WATERING transfer fees AND Wages spent on a CHAMPIONSHIP player
Graeme Souness: Instead of overpaying for Championship players, Man Utd should be promoting youth just like Man City do

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Are we sure he's being bought for the right wing?
I'm not sure it's worth worrying about which side he'll play on.
He can play both, and we need better options on both sides anyway.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Wouldn’t worry too much about his position or the possibility he might be signed to fill a specific role that might be better served by a more established talent. He’s obviously just a cheap punt, I doubt he was even on our radar until Giggs notified us.

Midfield

Red
Reminiscence about how Oliver Burke was being regarded as the next wonderkid, the scottish Bale, 2 years ago. Signed for Leipzig and WBA, loaned at Celtic, and never heard about him anymore. Hope that Danny's faith is not as the same as Oliver.

s e n s e i

Supports
Dortmund
Good way to kick this off. I'm not too worried - low risk and no pressure on either party. I think this will work out though.

Draco1986

Im behind this move 100%. But not as a starter. Certainly can be one for the future if we are able to develop him. Hopefulyl he does'nt turn out to be a 1 trick pony (pace) like a Theo Walcott

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
I will assume you're serious for the benefit of anyone who doesn't know.

He had the talent of the world, was gonna be the next Scholes as ferguson firmly believed. But he was an introvert and came across as snobby and arrogant. Things didn't work out.

Can anyone tell us what kind of mentality James has?

Status
Not open for further replies.