Danny Welbeck | Manchester United: 2001-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Hopefully can someone can tell me what that tweet said.

Also, maybe he wants to go? He was rumored to want that last season too.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I'd be fecking fuming. Can't see us being that stupid though.

Lance Uppercut

By whom out of interest ?

Also.

He was amongst our best performers in pre-season and perfect for either the inside left of a 4-3-3 or through the middle. There is no way he is going.
Some newbie. He even threw a :rolleyes: at me, raising the stakes exponentially. I was very upset.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
That would be so typical of us, sell those two, get Cavani who we don't want or need, enabling PSG to get Di Maria who we do.
That would be so tragic I'd actually laugh myself silly about it!

justboy68

There was rumours of him itching for a move last season so who knows? Could be a contract issue or something. Stranger things have happened, hopefully it's just a load of horse manure though. Welbeck brings some valuable assets to the squad, much sooner see Hernandez leave.

Dobba

The timing of this makes no sense. Why would this story be coming out now when LvG supposedly told Rafael, Nani etc that they could leave the club 12 days ago, in which time Welbeck hasn't kicked a ball?

Jev

Surely not? Very worried about this being reported by The Telegraph. Are we selling Hernandez as well then and starting the season with two strikers for two positions?

Hernandez can leave, selling Welbeck would be so stupid.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Welbeck started alongside Rooney and Mata in preseason whenever he was fit.

I think Van Gaal sees him as an important player.

Mersault

No way. Half a team of average players, lacking depth, lacking quality, lacking pace, sell Welbeck. Not happening.

Lance Uppercut

Welbeck started alongside Rooney and Mata in preseason whenever he was fit.

I think Van Gaal sees him as an important player.
Or perhaps he was using the preseason games to make a decision on his worth. It's possible.

legball

Let's all act like Welbeck is some world class player whom we can't do without. Truth is, we'll be having a fair assessment of the player if he wasn't Manc. Good build up play etc but let's sell Hernandez because he doesn't contribute much [well, goals don't mean much now, do they?]. Welbeck as much as I like him is very unreliable, especially as a striker, he's never going to be the main man at Manchester United, if he accepts that then he can stay, otherwise, I won't lose any sleep if he's sold.

Someone

Something
The telegraph don't have a habit of fabricating news regarding united, so i'd take this story seriously.

It could be we're looking to generate funds since we haven't made any money from departures so far and we have plenty of forwards at the club. I'd hate to see him leave ahead of players like young and valencia but it won't be a big deal.

saivet

I would rather see the back of Hernandez before Welbeck. None of the Manchester based journos have said anything so I'm not taking this too seriously as of yet anyway

Lance Uppercut

He is a striker who doesn't score a lot of goals. I wouldn't be overly bothered if he went.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I'd much rather keep Welbeck. Chicha has been pretty shite so far this year and Welbeck offers so much more to the team.
I think all of us would rather keep Danny, he's definitely the better player.

There's also the possibility van Gaal will now implement his 4-3-3 and only needs Rooney and van Persie with Wilson in reserve.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He is a striker who doesn't score a lot of goals. I wouldn't be overly bothered if he went.
We play far better football when Welbeck is involved. Hernandez is actually a hindrance to our play, we may as well start with 10 men.

walsh

I think all of us would rather keep Danny, he's definitely the better player.

There's also the possibility van Gaal will now implement his 4-3-3 and only needs Rooney and van Persie with Wilson in reserve.
Can't see Wilson being our third choice striker when he hasn't featured at all under van Gaal so far. Also, why would we switch the 4-3-3 at this stage after only signing Rojo who first perfectly into a back three?

We play far better football when Welbeck is involved. Hernandez is actually a hindrance to our play, we may as well start with 10 men.
The 10 men thing is too harsh but I definitely agree with the rest of the post.

Someone

Something
I don't understand the anger here, if the idea behind this is to generate money to add depth to other areas then why not? people talk about cleverly and young sticking around but let's not forget that welbeck is one of the few players that could actually generate money for the club, we could even live without him and hernandez if we play 4-3-3 and add someone like di maria, let's not pretend that he's a world class player.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Can't see Wilson being our third choice striker when he hasn't featured at all under van Gaal so far. Also, why would we switch the 4-3-3 at this stage after only signing Rojo who first perfectly into a back three?
Well Wilson has been training with the first team and 3-5-2 was hardly effective in its first half of competitive football. van Gaal will definitely seek to implement his 4-3-3 eventually, I don't think there's any doubting this.

saivet

I don't understand the anger here, if the idea behind this is to generate money to add depth to other areas then why not? people talk about cleverly and young sticking around but let's not forget that welbeck is one of the few players that could actually generate money for the club, we could even live without him and hernandez if we play 4-3-3 and add someone like di maria, let's not pretend that he's a world class player.
Yep, because we have no money.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
I don't believe we'd sell Welbeck purely because other than Valencia, Rafael and Shaw, there are very few genuinely quick players in the squad and the aforementioned will be used either as wing-backs, full backs and Valencia may line up as a winger if we use the 4-3-3 which I fully expect.

But if he does go, he's certainly not irreplaceable - though if it was ever a question of Welbeck or Hernandez to be sold in 2014 you'd have to say Hernandez who could probably do with a change of scenery to kickstart his career rather than his sideshow/occasional off-the-bench cameo role, whereas Welbeck despite not being an out and out goalscorer, has played a lot of football for United and has a habit of being a nuisance against decent sides.

He and Valencia are the only two physical athletic players we have - and I'd have thought LVG would've hung on to both because he has a habit of making tactical decisions in games to utilise pace in latter stages of games (nothing groundbreaking, but when I think back to his Bayern tenure and watching Holland over the summer - they scored important goals in the second half of games quite often).

Lance Uppercut

Well if he did then he can't have used those games as a basis to get rid.

We looked great going forwards with Welbeck in the team and shit without him. A trend that continued into our first PL game.
Of course he can. He may not see Welbeck fitting into his preferred system, despite his attributes. Perhaps there is even someone he would like to bring in. We just don't know.

All speculation, obviously.

walsh

Well Wilson has been training with the first team and 3-5-2 was hardly effective in its first half of competitive football. van Gaal will definitely seek to implement his 4-3-3 eventually, I don't think there's any doubting this.
We still don't have any good wingers though other than Januzaj. In fact, we just loaned out one of our few proper wingers.

Varun

Staff
He isnt a natural in front of goal and definitely needs to improve but cmon, he does score when Played as an actual striker. Most of the time of late, he's played everywhere but as a striker.

Moreover, You'd rather we kept Hernandez over him?

I'd be amazed if we Sold him. I actually thought his pace and style would see him really challenge for the 1st choice starting spots upfront at some point during the season.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Surely not? Very worried about this being reported by The Telegraph. Are we selling Hernandez as well then and starting the season with two strikers for two positions?

Hernandez can leave, selling Welbeck would be so stupid.
Cavani will be Woody's marquee signing.

legball

Welbeck adds more to the play, what's this more you lot keep harping on about? Hernandez scores more, is that not adding to our play?

Raw

We have enough money. And if we were going to sell a striker, it would be Hernandez.

Status
Not open for further replies.