Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
What's with Valencia wanting our out of favour players? First Cleverley, now Fletcher. I thought they had a great midfield at the moment with Perez, Parejo and Andre Gomes? It'd be weird for Fletcher to just swap our bench for theirs.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
What's with Valencia wanting our out of favour players? First Cleverley, now Fletcher. I thought they had a great midfield at the moment with Perez, Parejo and Andre Gomes? It'd be weird for Fletcher to just swap our bench for theirs.
Weather is nicer.

Ekeke

He wouldnt get into the Valencia team. Its the same nonsense as the Cleverley story most likely. Valencia's CM is their strong point and they have 4 players all significantly better than he is. He should check out Villarreal down the road, thats more likely

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
He wouldnt get into the Valencia team. Its the same nonsense as the Cleverley story most likely. Valencia's CM is their strong point and they have 4 players all significantly better than he is. He should check out Villarreal down the road, thats more likely
Wouldn't get into Villareal's midfield either.

He either needs to go to Scotland or the MLS/Australia or something that level.

Ekeke

Wouldn't get into Villareal's midfield either.

He either needs to go to Scotland or the MLS/Australia or something that level.
I mean theres a significant drop off in squad options from Valencia to their local rivals Villarreal. I'm sure he can compete with the likes of Pina as first backup at Villarreal instead of competing with Augusto for being 5th choice CM at Valencia

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
The Telegraph is saying that West Ham want him as well. Seems pretty certain that he'll be leaving this month.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
Big Sam should have had a call from the boss. I mean Fergie for Fletcher: D Well I really can’t explain myself here. I would like to keep him at the club until he retires, I’m a massive fan of him, but few years ago Sheazy and Brown left the club because they weren’t good enough, so it’s probably better for him to find the right club. This season at West Ham he will not have a lot of football, so it’s may not be the best club.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I think he could more than do a job at a club who simply ask him to sit deep and use his experience to defend well, and when in possession simply 'water-carry'.

RedOldBoy

TBH he doesn't even seem to be premier league quality anymore. He misplaces too many passes and just looks for the closest to offload the ball. Shame how that illness destroyed perhaps our best midfielder from 2007-2010.

kundalini

West Brom manager Tony Pulis on interest in Darren Fletcher: "He is talking to three or four clubs. We showed an interest and he'll make a decision and we'll wait and see."

Sam

Its the right move for him. As sad as it is that he hasn't been able to make it back to the level required at united, it will be good to see him playing week in week out at a lower level. Can only wish him all the luck in the world.

marlowe78

TBH I think he would be best in Europe, perhaps Serie A. I think he would struggle at any club in PL at this point.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
TBH I think he would be best in Europe, perhaps Serie A. I think he would struggle at any club in PL at this point.
I'm not really sure his game would be anymore fitted for any of the other major leagues out there than the PL.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He'll surely be on a pretty high wage, and surely isn't capable of playing every game anymore. So it seems surprising premier league clubs are that interested.

He was built on pure workrate, high energy and tackling, and he's not as good at those anymore, so unless there's a much reduced wage it seems hard to see.

justboy68

To be honest I don't really think he'll still cut the mustard at even a lower premier league level. Can't blame him if he wants to try it though, will be the right move for him and us.

Mister_Stubbs

Good luck Darren, credit to the game but sadly just isn't good enough for us since illness. All the best.

(If reports are true of course).

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I used to hate seeing him on the teamsheet when he was a youngster. Completely changed my view of him, I wish we had a prime Fletcher in the midfield right now. I hope the West Ham move works out for him.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Good for him to get a PL move. Don't expect him to do much to be quite honest, but it's good someone is giving him a chance when it's obvious his career at United is over.

Absolute beast in 2009. That Milan game at OT was something else.

itso 7

All the best to him, if true. He leaves with one of the most inspirational and saddest stories, his rise, when viewed against the ridicule he received from impatient fans, to one of the best midfielders and to have it all taken away by a terrible illness.

C'est Moi Cantona

Surely we can scrape £1.5 million for him, we seem crap at getting fair value for our players.

Anyway good luck to him, will be interesting to see how he does.

m1y2

I used to hate seeing him on the teamsheet when he was a youngster. Completely changed my view of him, I wish we had a prime Fletcher in the midfield right now. I hope the West Ham move works out for him.
the same with me! I was always furious with him at young age but he worked so hard to become one of world's best DM for a season or two, and I loved him since that, shame about his illness it ruined his career, he will never be the same player but wich him all the best wherever he goes.

I guess he could be a good manager one day he has got great determination and lots of experience gained during his time out of the game..

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I really don't see him getting a game for West Ham tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.