Darron Gibson - is he good enough for Everton?

Skholesy

Nope, a few mopes on here would rather City get their point back, rather than praise Gibson.

Seriously though guys, how often do Man Utd fans get the chance to help their team out in the way Man Utd fan Darron Gibson did tonight?
Well Gibbo could always do it again when he faces us and scores and own goal, much like Neville did a couple of years back

Liam147

On Probation
I don't think Reds ever sung his name before.

Moyes maniacal look at the final whistle was great. Moyes is a Red
Fixed.

Must say it felt truly bizarre belting out 'There's only one Darron Gibson!'

If we go on to win it, he'll be written into United folklore. Perhaps the south stand will be the next to be renamed...

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
He's a decent player to be fair to him. He can shoot and is quite composed on the ball. The problem was he didnt really take his chances he was given. He did score some good goals but we needed a much more dominating playmaker or at least a midfield destroyer. He's neither of the two while with us.

Anyway, good luck to him. I am happy for him for scoring that goal.

Varun

Staff
Good strike. am sure he'l turn out to be a good signing for everton. specially at 1mil.

Neutral

BTV
Watched the entire game during my break today - Gibbo other than that goal was horrible. Repeatedly gave the ball away, or ran into traffic with the ball - and his attempts at tackling :lol: :lol:

In fact, at one point in the 2nd half the crowd let out an exasperated sigh after yet another Gibson mistake(one OT was quite used to when he played). Same criticism of him as usual - not creative enough, doesn't do enough defensively, too often a passenger.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Watched the entire game during my break today - Gibbo other than that goal was horrible. Repeatedly gave the ball away, or ran into traffic with the ball - and his attempts at tackling :lol: :lol:

In fact, at one point in the 2nd half the crowd let out an exasperated sigh after yet another Gibson mistake(one OT was quite used to when he played). Same criticism of him as usual - not creative enough, doesn't do enough defensively, too often a passenger.

Well, this is why I never understood why people thought he would be a star at other teams in the PL.

He's too immobile to be a good CM IMO, the odd strike aside.

He is at his best as an AM without defensive responsibility, but this takes away from his arguably best trait, his passing range, and also he isn't fleet-footed enough to play there, nor is his through balls frequently brilliant enough.

Basically, he's a midfielder without a real position in the modern game.

sparky

Are there any videos of Old Trafford singing "There's only one Darron Gibson" after he scored last night ?
I was watching the highlights after I watched the first half only of the Everton game, I intended on checking the score the later. Wondered what was being chanted at first, finally figured out it was only one darren gibson, quickly followed by Fergie sign him up!! I figured he must have have scored against city which made me chuckle even more!

decorativeed

He was good last night too. A few good tackles, several good through balls and generally calm and collected. Everton have got another bargain if he keeps that up.

Sw33t

I aways keep a little eye out on Everton games mainly to see how he's doing. Looks good to me, hopefully be stuck in their first team for years to come.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
Great to see him getting on well performance wise. The Everton fans seemed to have taken to him almost immediately too & i'm delighted for him in that respect.

Name Changed

weso26
Wonder how long it will be before the same people that relentlessly slagged Gibson off when he was still at United start complaining that Fergie sold him too cheaply or shouldn't have sold him at all?
Won't happen. He was nowhere near good enough for United, unfortunately.

LLMU

A mate of mine who is a Toffees fan said he pretty much stroll around the field much of the game but his presence seems to allow Felliani to play further up the field which really work for them.

Varun

Staff
Won't happen. He was nowhere near good enough for United, unfortunately.
Yep, dont think he'l ever do anything at Everton to merit questioning SAFs decision to move him on. he was a good squad player for us, thats as far as he could go at a top club imo. will do well at a club like everton though if things go well for him.

RyanGoggs

Insists on dating women in public places - for the
http://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/42795-Gibbo

Everton fans have really taken a liking to him, some saying he is even better than Rodwell.
Thats pretty certain in my view. Gibson had a top class education at Old Trafford and showed what he could do in games such as the Champions League final.

Roswell is overhyped for being English. Potentially a good player but very very overated as a youngster. Gibson is years ahead in his development and really needed a run of games to provide a basis for consistency.