View full 2014-15 profile

6.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

ZDwyr

Thought he was quite good today actually. A few times his poor distribution was the fault of the defender giving him the ball under pressure. A few times it was just poor from him but he was one of our best.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
Strangely poor with the ball at his feet today at times, otherwise his usual goodness. We are also going back to the keeper far too much this season, it's very annoying

Empire

Twitter rumours are that we are to sign Sergio Romero, this won't impact De Gea will it?

The Red Thinker

I'm worried about his contractual situation and have been for a while.
Um... why? He'll be given a new deal this year. That's how these things work. The last year or the year before that the club moces in and negotiates a new deal.

Kag

Um... why? He'll be given a new deal this year. That's how these things work. The last year or the year before that the club moces in and negotiates a new deal.
Under normal circumstances yes, but United hacks have been reporting in regards a new contract for almost 12 months now, yet no concrete movement. We're out of the top four and our arguably greatest asset has less than two years left on his deal. We should have acted, if we haven't already, a lot sooner.

Empire

Under normal circumstances yes, but United hacks have been reporting in regards a new contract for almost 12 months now, yet no concrete movement. We're out of the top four and our arguably greatest asset has less than two years left on his deal. We should have acted, if we haven't already, a lot sooner.
Good for us that he is from Athletico therefore probably won't play for Real Madrid and also Barcelona have an embargo next year + Bayern have Neuer.

Who are you worried about tapping him up?

The Red Thinker

Calm down would you? He loves the club. He's said it over and over again. The one thing that can be understood is that he won't actively work towards moving away from the club. We'll lock it down by Christmas.

ZDwyr

Calm down would you? He loves the club. He's said it over and over again. The one thing that can be understood is that he won't actively work towards moving away from the club. We'll lock it down by Christmas.
He loves us at the moment. If we continue this slide then his love will be tested.

saivet

For anyone that wants to watch in the UK, the match is on Sky Sports 5.

prarek

Never thought id see the day when Chelsea have more players than Barcelona in the Spanish eleven. How times have changed.

Annahnomoss

I really hope he does well. He deserves to be the certain starter for Spain. He's not going to get any recognition until he puts in his performances at international level as well.

How is he doing?

saivet

I really hope he does well. He deserves to be the certain starter for Spain. He's not going to get any recognition until he puts in his performances at international level as well.

How is he doing?
He's not had much to do. Made 3 routine saves and that's about it.

I don't think he's even had to deal with any crosses either.

HabeasC

Now the game is over, how did he do overall? Glad to hear he is getting game time.

saivet

Now the game is over, how did he do overall? Glad to hear he is getting game time.
It was a bit of a nothing match I thought. He had a few comfortable saves to make. He couldn't do anything about the goal. He didn't make any mistakes but because he didn't have an awful lot to do it can't really be used as a way to push up the pecking order.

RuudTom83

Nothing he could have done for the goal (which is the usual excuse whenever De Gea doesn't save it!)

General play was good and he was fairly busy so it was a good workout for him at least...that is what i got form the choppy stream i was watching anyway.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I think he is mapped out as Spain's new number one and I think he did well tonight. Would there be any point in them picking someone else now I wonder?

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
When he came people would defend every mistake he made, but now some people try to pick mistakes in the good performances he gives.

He has really turned it around for himself and he's sure to soon be spains number 1.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Getting a bit worried about his current contract situation to be honest. A little under 2 years left on it.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
I think he is mapped out as Spain's new number one and I think he did well tonight. Would there be any point in them picking someone else now I wonder?
I'd say he'll likely start on Monday but del Bosque refused to confirm, just said he wanted to give de Gea minutes in a tough game and that he performed well.

Would be my choice from now on too, but we'll see.

Bwuk

Casillas is going downhill. De Gea is the better keeper nowadays.

m1y2

I think he can become top 3 goalkeeper and maintain that position for a long time but dont see him as absolutley worlds no1. Obviously Neuer is the best right now and I dont think David can ever be better than Curtois just because they are quite similar and curtois is bigger having as good reflexes but covers more space in gaol and is becoming very dominant in the box, very comfortable in the air for still young goalkeeper. DDG got better in it and will be even better but I cant see him being that dominant. But hes got arguably best reflexes and great feet. He is great character and agent for us and after all the clearance he became my top3 favourite player in the club with Rafael and Anderson lol.. 1. Neuer 2. Curtois 3. DDG 4. Howard 5. Cech. Anyway we should be very satisfied that he is at our club and I wouldnt compare him to others after all its like comparing Ronaldo, Messi, Robben or diMaría, we are lucky to get arguably the third best goalkeeper in the world and thats great.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
I think he can become top 3 goalkeeper and maintain that position for a long time but dont see him as absolutley worlds no1. Obviously Neuer is the best right now and I dont think David can ever be better than Curtois just because they are quite similar and curtois is bigger having as good reflexes but covers more space in gaol and is becoming very dominant in the box, very comfortable in the air for still young goalkeeper. DDG got better in it and will be even better but I cant see him being that dominant. But hes got arguably best reflexes and great feet. He is great character and agent for us and after all the clearance he became my top3 favourite player in the club with Rafael and Anderson lol.. 1. Neuer 2. Curtois 3. DDG 4. Howard 5. Cech. Anyway we should be very satisfied that he is at our club and I wouldnt compare him to others after all its like comparing Ronaldo, Messi, Robben or diMaría, we are lucky to get arguably the third best goalkeeper in the world and thats great.
I don't think Courtois's physicality will have any impact on him being better than De Gea.

justboy68

It was a bit of a nothing match I thought. He had a few comfortable saves to make. He couldn't do anything about the goal. He didn't make any mistakes but because he didn't have an awful lot to do it can't really be used as a way to push up the pecking order.
Honestly it's crazy he even has to worry about that, he should be no.1 for them under any sane metric. After the last WC, Del Bosque must surely know it is time to bring in the promising younger generation.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
He's by far and away the best Spanish goalkeeper and I think Del Bosque knows that.

surf

He's by far and away the best Spanish goalkeeper and I think Del Bosque knows that.
It seems like it from Del Bosque's hint about the game against Macedonia. De Gea still has some things to work on. Hopefully an improvement in what goes on in front of him at United will enable him to look like the goalkeeper he should be rather than continually trying to put out fires lit by Evans et al.

ghagua

With the way Casillas played in the world cup, i would be surprised if De Gea is not first now.