6.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Shark

@NotShark
The way he said it was certainly felt a bit more complimentary than that. As in he's becoming one of the greats, not just that he's becoming great.

That's how I read it anyway.
Yeah I probably just took at up wrong, seeing as Gary has always been overly critical of him and Phil's daft tweet yesterday.

ottosec

Just watching highlights and noticed Gary Neville saying that 'De Gea is starting to become a great goalkeeper'. What is wrong with him and his brother regarding De Gea? another odd comment IMO.
If he works hard, in a few years he might get to Hart's level.

prarek

That Spurs game at Old Trafford was hilarious when the likes of Van der Vaart were trying stupid shots from 40 yards away.
Harry was with Spurs iirc. No doubt he got his tactics from expert analyst Redknap junior.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
That Spurs game at Old Trafford was hilarious when the likes of Van der Vaart were trying stupid shots from 40 yards away.
I remember being in Uxbridge for that game. I came in late, asked a guy with a United kit on how de Gea was doing, he said "fecking shit, I hate the cnut".

Ixion

From nearly 500 ratings on the caf his average rating for today's game is 9.7 :D Must be a record.

Revan

Assumptionman
Clutching at straws here maybe, but anyone else think his one-on-one has improved a lot ever since Valdes has started training with us? He is coming out off line way quicker than before.
I guess it is more because of Frans Hoek. New training methods likely need some time to be fully accepted and their rewards to be seen on the pitch.

Sam

Just watching a video of him from his first season here, its quite incredible how much he's grown in stature. Both physically and mentally. He really does look like a little boy in his dads baggy t-shirt at times in his early days, not quite knowing where to stand or what to do. You look at him now and he looks calm and assured. He's bulked up and looks in complete control at all times.

It would be heartbreaking to lose him now, after watching him grow into such a top top keeper. I'd be beyond gutted.

RetroStu

It will be one of the clubs biggest feck ups if they don't get him to renew his contract. And they need to do it fast before Madrid or someone come calling.

Amethyst

It's banter lads, inn't?
De Gea is just a phenomenal keeper, so important we hold on to him. Hopefully van Gaal will get a new contract sorted get rid of any potential buyers.

JazzG

Resident Arse.
Best shot stopper in world football imo, unreal that with the attacking talent you have that this guy is probably the main reason you're in 3rd place.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
If we do tie him down long term, which I'm fairly confident we will, he'll go on to be the best in our history quite comfortably.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
I almost enjoy our crap defending beause it gives DDG the chance to add to his highlight reel.

From a flappy donut thief to a fecking boss...stay forever please

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Very few keepers can genuinely say they're matchwinners at such a high level. De Gea has done it in the biggest games. His distribution is finally getting better and the shot stopping is going up a level. He's made it as a big boy keeper now, and there is so much growth in him still.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Early call for player of the year again?

Revan

Assumptionman
7.9 here. Basically whoever has given to him less than 7 (as average) is a tit :angel:

Ixion

6.9 is actually the highest average rating any of our players have gotten this season. I think its only below 7 because of the first few games of the season, he started to shine against Everton, and there was the MK Dons game before that.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He's got the ability and time to eclipse Schmeichel and Van Der Sar.

Revan

Assumptionman
He's got the ability and time to eclipse Schmeichel and Van Der Sar.
This may not be very popular, but I think that he already is on Van Der Sar level. Obviously he isn't as good as VDS when it comes to distribution, but is far better at shot stopping.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Mine average rating for him is 5.9 and I don't know why it is so low. I remember giving him 10 three times and maybe once lower than 5. We need more detailed history of these ratings.
MK Dons and Leister, probably. Mine is 6,7, still very harsh.

Mali_Zeus

The question is, will he stay when Real Madrid come calling in summer? Or will he do a Ronaldo?
Why do you think Madrid will call in the summer. They have Navas and Casillas right now and although Casillas is on the vane I'm not sure DDG would go there. We are on the up again and why would he leave us?