View full 2014-15 profile

6.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

|Neo|x

So just out of curiosity, how much do you think Madrid would have to bid for us to begin to consider the offer?

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys

Wow. 3rd highest errors leading to shots. Lowest number of errors leading to goals. What a goalkeeper we have.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Wow. 3rd highest errors leading to shots. Lowest number of errors leading to goals. What a goalkeeper we have.
Thought that was an odd stat to read much into. A very small sample size with just 5 goals between 1st and 20th and feck knows how an "error" is defined.

Would be more interested in goals/shot on target.

Mister_Stubbs

So just out of curiosity, how much do you think Madrid would have to bid for us to begin to consider the offer?
Upwards of £40m plus. It's about time we took Madrid to the cleaners like we should have with Ronnie and like they did with Angel.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Thought that was an odd stat to read much into. A very small sample size with just 5 goals between 1st and 20th and feck knows how an "error" is defined.

Would be more interested in goals/shot on target.
I think that it's how you are supposed to read it, he added the ranking to show the importance of the saves.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
Upwards of £40m plus. It's about time we took Madrid to the cleaners like we should have with Ronnie and like they did with Angel.
Even £40m wouldn't be worth it to us. We wouldn't be able to get an outfield player for that money who gets us as many points every season as De Gea does and will do.

Mister_Stubbs

Even £40m wouldn't be worth it to us. We wouldn't be able to get an outfield player for that money who gets us as many points every season as De Gea does and will do.
I meant £40m as a minimum, agreed that this guy will command such a high price because like the Ronaldo's and Messi's off this world he wins you points.

Sam

With only a year left on his contract, there is no way we'd get anything close to £40 milliomn in the Summer. The fact that goalkeepers never seem to go for much, coupled with his contract situation, we'd do well to get £15 million.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
With only a year left on his contract, there is no way we'd get anything close to £40 milliomn in the Summer. The fact that goalkeepers never seem to go for much, coupled with his contract situation, we'd do well to get £15 million.
We paid £17m for him. No way he'd be sold for 15m at most, even with his contract situation.

Real love to shell out loads on star signings, so if he were to go I could see us getting 40m or close to.

Skills

Snitch
Exactly. Feck it off and tell him to leave on a free if he wants to. Wouldn't be worth it, we're loaded anyway and we get another year to find a proper replacement. That's worst case scenario though, we'll sign him up.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
We will re-sign him and let him go to Madrid.

Redo91

:lol: We will get much more than that. We paid £24 million for RVP when he only had a year left on his contract. Yes he is a striker but he was 28 when we signed him whereas De Gea is only 24 and as a goalkeeper has around 15 years left in him. Also Kroos went for a similar fee with a year left on his contract and we paid around £15 million for bloody Ashley Young when he had only a year left on his contract. I would expect us to get at least £25 million for him if we were to sell him in the summer. However, I'm quietly confident we will tie him down to a new contract.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
I genuinely do think we'd get that much, even with his contract situation. Maybe more, if it's this summer.

Sam

If he's got a year left on his contract, I reckon Madrid might stretch to £20 million. But I doubt they'd go higher then that if they knew they could have him for free just 12 months later. Especially if Casilas or Navas are playing okay. They'll put the ball in our court, take the £20 odd mil or lose him for free 12 months later.

Or, as mentioned above, we go the Ronaldo route and get him to sign a contract on the agreement that we'll sell him for top dollar.

Either scenario is pretty shit from a United POV.

Sam

I genuinely do think we'd get that much. Maybe more, if it's this summer.
If you think we're getting £40 million for a player in the last year of his contract, and a goalkeeper at that, then you're going to be very disappointed.

VanGaalEra

Get his contract sorted, and nothing less then £100M. Screw Madrid and everyone else. He's our Dave.

Speak

If you think we're getting £40 million for a player in the last year of his contract, and a goalkeeper at that, then you're going to be very disappointed.
I don't think so. Nobody's under any illusion about how good he is and will become. It wouldn't surprise me at all. One year remaining or not.
£15-20 million (as you suggest) will be laughed off I'd imagine. The club would basically have made no money back, all the while training him up for Madrid.

Not a chance, in my opinion. And I'm usually pessimistic. Anything under £35 million would shock me.

Sam

I don't think so. Nobody's under any illusion about how good he is and will become. It wouldn't surprise me at all. One year remaining or not.
£20 million (as you suggest) will be laughed off I'd imagine. The club would basically have made no money back, all the while training him up for Madrid.

Not a chance, in my opinion. And I'm usually pessimistic.
If Marid know they're going to get him anyway, they're not going to be spending anything like £40 million when they know they could just wait 12 months and get him for free.

SirAF

Ageist
Relax, he'll sign another contract before the season is over. The club is not going to let his contract run into its last season.

Sam

Don't forget the highest fee for a keeper EVER is just £33 million. Even Neuer went for just £19 million 3 years ago.

Talk of £40 million for a goalkeeper in the last year of his contract just isn't going to happen.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Don't forget the highest fee for a keeper EVER is just £33 million. Even Neuer went for just £19 million 3 years ago.

Talk of £40 million for a goalkeeper in the last year of his contract just isn't going to happen.
But you think we'll sell him for less than we paid to sign him?

Redo91

I think I'm right in saying that Neuer was in the last year of his contract then too. Considering De Gea is a superior goalkeeper to Neuer back then, and the inflation in the transfer market, we should be getting at least £24 million for him.

Speak

If Marid know they're going to get him anyway, they're not going to be spending anything like £40 million when they know they could just wait 12 months and get him for free.
I see that as more likely than £15 million.

I don't think this will be an issue anyway, as I think he'll sign a deal and then leave this summer or next, but I think this would be a huge fee regardless of his contract having a year to go.
He's a big deal in Spain already. Madrid wont want to wait a year if he's their planned marquee signing, and we'd still ask for big money, or tell them to wait.

I understand the whole 'one year to go' logic. But I still think it would be huge money.

Sam

But you think we'll sell him for less than we paid to sign him?
I guess that would be up to the club. If the scenario in which he signs a contract to ensure we get a god fee (ala Ronaldo) doesn't play out and Madrid offer £15/20 million this Summer then we'll have to seriously consider it, because its that or get nothing back and lose him for free 12 months later. Obviously all this is if he actually wants to join Madrid.

Either way, if come the Summer he hasn't signed a contract, Madrid will have is over a barrel.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp

You think they wouldn't organize signing a contract before selling him on, even though I don't think this will happen?

Sam

You think they wouldn't organize signing a contract before selling him on, even though I don't think this will happen?
If he states his intent to definitely leave then I'm sure the club will do everything it can to arrange a contract like the one Ronaldo signed, in order to get the best possible price for him.

Shark

@NotShark
I swear, some of you guys know how to fecking worry yourselves into the ground. He'll sign a new contract, he looks like one of the happiest players in the squad.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I swear, some of you guys know how to fecking worry yourselves into the ground. He'll sign a new contract, he looks like one of the happiest players in the squad.
Dont ruin it for them, they enjoy this.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Exactly. Feck it off and tell him to leave on a free if he wants to. Wouldn't be worth it, we're loaded anyway and we get another year to find a proper replacement. That's worst case scenario though, we'll sign him up.
This. I would throw any offer away, without looking at it. We can bloody afford it. Keep him here, win some titles with him, hopefully change his mind, if not - so be it.

Dumbat12

I guess that would be up to the club. If the scenario in which he signs a contract to ensure we get a god fee (ala Ronaldo) doesn't play out and Madrid offer £15/20 million this Summer then we'll have to seriously consider it, because its that or get nothing back and lose him for free 12 months later. Obviously all this is if he actually wants to join Madrid.

Either way, if come the Summer he hasn't signed a contract, Madrid will have is over a barrel.
Who cares, if we get nothing back? This isn't some small club we are talking about, United is a financial juggernaut that doesn't really need the money. Losing De Gea for measly 20 million isn't going to help us at all, not to mention it's better, if we keep him and just let him go for free. At least the club will have a whole year to plan on who to buy and meanwhile De Gea will keep putting amazing performances.

It seems Ronaldo leaving has left a dent in the soul of so many people here. It's like, if Real comes, then you gotta sell. That's stupid and it has never been that way. Ronaldo is the only person we wanted to keep, but ended up selling.