Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Btw, I thought you are Chelsea fan. And no, I am not confusing you with duffer.

Oo0AahCantona

He will be seen as the best keeper in the world within 2 seasons by pundits and the like. all he needs is to be spains no.1 and for us to sure up our defence.

FujiVice

Do you agree with Jamie Carragher?
De Gea could be player of the year

You have to go back to 1985 for the last time a goalkeeper was recognised as being the outstanding player of a season.

Back then, Neville Southall — a man I grew up watching — received the FWA award for the remarkable form he showed when Everton won the League Championship and last week at Old Trafford I began to wonder whether David de Gea might emulate him.

There has been a lot of debate about where De Gea stands at the moment in terms of the goalkeepers we have in this country, but there is no doubt in my mind he is now the No 1, having just edged past Chelsea’s Thibaut Courtois.

I thought his performance against Liverpool was amazing. He never did anything wrong at any stage in the game and, most importantly, gave his defenders the confidence that he would save them when he was called into action. He looks a different goalkeeper to the one who first arrived in England.

If De Gea keeps playing as he has been, it will be difficult to overlook him at the end of the season. With Manuel Neuer in contention for the Ballon d’Or, we are seeing what a difference a top-class goalkeeper makes to a team.

History shows how hard it is for No 1s to be singled out — Pat Jennings (1976) and Peter Shilton (1978) are the only keepers to win the PFA gong — but if De Gea maintains this consistency, it might be hard to overlook him.
Carragher talking sense here.

saivet

Do you agree with Jamie Carragher?

Carragher talking sense here.
I disagree though I do like what he's saying. Even if he keeps his consistency, I think the only way he can win the PFA POTY is if our defence continues to leak a load of chances.

Traub

I disagree though I do like what he's saying. Even if he keeps his consistency, I think the only way he can win the PFA POTY is if our defence continues to leak a load of chances.
This and we will have to win the league. Otherwise he won't win it.

Trizy

Oo0AahCantona

I love how he manages to cleanly catch incredibly hard hit strikes, where most keepers would just parry.

Annahnomoss

One of, if not the best Swedish expert holds him as the best goalkeeper of the 2013-14 season. Of the ones he caught, he safely gripped 91.7% of all crosses and boxed out just 8.3% in comparison to the first two years after he came when he boxed out around 50% and caught 50%.

Last year he safely gripped 69% so he has done some amazing improvements.

He's also now training with Spain and United, two possession strong teams and for United he actually averages 33% more passes than Cortouis per game and just 5 passes less than Neuer per game, they both have pretty much the same amount of long balls per game too.

So DDG has a brilliant opportunity to improve his passing and in possession qualities for us as well. Neuer has an incredible 87% passing accuracy and DDG just has 64%(compared to Cortouis 58%).

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
So DDG has a brilliant opportunity to improve his passing and in possession qualities for us as well. Neuer has an incredible 87% passing accuracy and DDG just has 64%(compared to Cortouis 58%).
Do you know the passing stats for Van der Sar through his United or Ajax years ? :)

As an aside I think David might also have the added benefit of training with Valdes on a regular basis, who regularly notched up 80-85 % accuracy.

Trizy

I'd rather rate those keepers on the long distance passes than short passes. We attempt to play in the back, which means De Gea will have a lot more easy passes than Courtois to get a high % and likewise with Neuer considering Bayern are a Pep possession team he'll have much more.

Annahnomoss

I'd rather rate those keepers on the long distance passes than short passes. We attempt to play in the back, which means De Gea will have a lot more easy passes than Courtois to get a high % and likewise with Neuer considering Bayern are a Pep possession team he'll have much more.
DDG averages more accurate long balls than Courtouis as well. So he has more passes, more accurate long balls, higher passing accuracy.

The important thing to take from that is like you say the style of football, which means that DDG will have some good chances to develop his in possession game.

Revan

Assumptionman
DDG averages more accurate long balls than Courtouis as well. So he has more passes, more accurate long balls, higher passing accuracy.

The important thing to take from that is like you say the style of football, which means that DDG will have some good chances to develop his in possession game.
I am granting myself a few Nostradamus points:

I really don't know why people are thinking that we will try to keep him if Van Gaal comes. He has been working with the same goalkeeper coach for more than 20 years and it is a no brainer that he will bring him.

Woods has done a very good job and deserves to not get sacked, but the same can be said for Steele last year. It will be a bit shit to see someone losing his job who doesn't deserve that, but c'est la vie.

Also, I don't think that it is a bad thing to change the coach. Van Gaal's keepers are known to get involved on the game very much and hwile De Gea is good at passing, he still isn't that known to be part of the game. On Van Gaal's system the team passes the ball to the keeper on average more than 20 times for game and in that aspect he is almost like a third center back. Van Gaal loves to start actions from the back, so a keeper needs to perfect that part of the game. Who better to teach that than the guy who coached keepers like Van Der Sar, Reina or Valdez (amongst others) who were all known to be very good on that aspect of the game?
This was on the famous thread Chris Woods: can we keep him. Hoek was regarded as one of the best in the job, and the likes of Reina, Valdez or VDS were terrific with the ball. De Gea was very good at it (although last year not as good as before) but this year seems to have become better than ever. That and now leaving the goal at times to stop attack in my opinion are very related with the new coach.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Reina was good at pinging the ball forward from his hands but not particularly impressive at all with the ball at his feet. De Gea was the same until this season IMO.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Reina was good at pinging the ball forward from his hands but not particularly impressive at all with the ball at his feet. De Gea was the same until this season IMO.
I'd agree with that; De Gea had great distribution, not ball playing skills. Some of his throws, especially.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Isn't it nice that the match day has passed and for once there hasn't been any activity in the DDG thread? Another solid display. 1 on 1 he cuts the angles and makes it impossible for the opponent to score. Also loved how calm and composed he was when he was surrounded by a full gang on the set pieces. He's bulked up and come a long way from where he was in his first couple of seasons. The Neville rant on MNF after White Hart Lane 12/13 seems a distant memory.

Genuinely felt sorry for the guy when Jones lost his head and conceded the penalty. 5 clean sheets in 19 games doesn't do him justice at all.

BarstoolProphet

It's a weird feeling going into a match with 4-5 world class attackers and still get more excited when wondering what kind of miracle stuff the goalkeeper will pull off. I really look forward to see him play, even if he plays in the most boring position on the field. Hope he's here for the rest of his career.

ottosec

Robbed of a clean sheet again. Our defenders must have a bet that he won't get more than 10 clean sheets...

Kag

He uses glue on those gloves of his. He catches shots - with ease - that many goalkeepers parry into open space.