View full 2014-15 profile

6.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

RooneyLegend

He's a one man defence alright, yet some will sight our goal against record as the reason why some of these defenders at the club are of the required quality.

prarek

Who was the defender that made the hopeless pass back to De Gea for Welbeck's goal? And how many times have we seen that this season? Our defenders have been rubbish sure but its alarming how LVG has not been able to sort this out, not even a slightest hint of improvement. I think we would have definitely seen some improvement under Mourinho, Guardiola or Simeone by now. Our defense cracks at the slightest amount of pressure.

Revan

Assumptionman
It has come to the stage when I can't really blame him if he decides to leave. He is too good for us (something that I never said before for a player).

phonics_tid

Your Mother Was a Hamster and Your Father Smelt of
Outstanding performance from him tonight.

The more I think about it though, the more likely I think it is that he'll leave us. Completely dependant on him all season with no chance of any silverware. Personal plaudits are all good an well but doesn't count for much when he's not lifting trophies at the end of the season. He'll head to Madrid and clean up over there. Gutted

ZDwyr

He's just amazing. It's sad that we lost because it makes it harder to really enjoy those saves. They were brilliant. Best in the world IMO now. Can't really blame him if he leaves unfortunately.

m1y2

Who was the defender that made the hopeless pass back to De Gea for Welbeck's goal? And how many times have we seen that this season? Our defenders have been rubbish sure but its alarming how LVG has not been able to sort this out, not even a slightest hint of improvement. I think we would have definitely seen some improvement under Mourinho, Guardiola or Simeone by now. Our defense cracks at the slightest amount of pressure.
I think it's the passing van Gaal's philosophy which made us more prone to this. Not saying that I like to hoof the ball at first occasion but certainly if we had more direct approach with good pressing we wouldn't need to be forced to do this kind of mistakes that often. I like when players are constructive but it can be costly.

Bwuk

A new keeper would cost what, 20/30m? I'd happily give Dave that to stay.

FromTheBench

Should he have risked himself more and went in for the diving tackle for their 2nd goal ?

Roy Keane seemed to think so.

He basically never went fully committed to be risk averse.

Count Orduck

Should he have risked himself more and went in for the diving tackle for their 2nd goal ?

Roy Keane seemed to think so.

He basically never went fully committed to be risk averse.
No, because then Welbeck goes down and he gets sent off. All he could do was make himself big and hope Welbeck fecked the chance up - it was a nailed on goal the moment Valencia played the backpass.

And Keane will stick the boot into any United player to sound controversial. See the Nani / Real Madrid incident.

r0x0rwolfo

Awesome performance. I can tell the team really trusts him, and he deserves that trust too.

FromTheBench

No, because then Welbeck goes down and he gets sent off.
There was a chance he could get a nick of the ball or referee chicken out etc..

Even sacrificing himself with free kick outside box and sure shot goal was tough call at that stage.

I am personally of the belief that if GK comes up that far out then he should go all out if he's last man by a distance. Or maybe he should have stayed little back.

Remember Sterling incident ?

ZDwyr

Would have gotten himself sent off if he went harder at Welbeck. Made the right decision IMO.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
We don't deserve him. And he deserves better than us. If he leaves, I don't think I would blame him. It must be depressing making world class saves game after game for the defenders to regularly put him in the shit or the attack to not contribute. I think I feel sorry for him.

RoadTrip

Give him Falcao+rvo's salary, player of the seasom contender for me
Contender? He is not a contender. He is the only player even close. He is light years ahead of everyone else for that award. If 1 million United fans voted on player of the season I would genuinely think it's a disservice if he didn't unanimously win it. That's how far ahead he is of everyone else.

RoadTrip

No, because then Welbeck goes down and he gets sent off. All he could do was make himself big and hope Welbeck fecked the chance up - it was a nailed on goal the moment Valencia played the backpass.

And Keane will stick the boot into any United player to sound controversial. See the Nani / Real Madrid incident.
If we lost DDG for three games we might as well pack our bags.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
Contender? He is not a contender. He is the only player even close. He is light years ahead of everyone else for that award. If 1 million United fans voted on player of the season I would genuinely think it's a disservice if he didn't unanimously win it. That's how far ahead he is of everyone else.
Talking about the whole PL, not United, that one is obvious, but Lloris is better ; p,

WyoManU

You just have to hope that he doesn't see this for what it is...a sinking ship...

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Him and Rooney only ones to show up.

NessunDorma

When we first signed the boy, I remember Ronaldo describing him as 'extraordinary, even if he does look like a sausage'.

And he is extraordinary. Just hope he stays and enjoys many more years of success with us.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
I've always felt "we'll survive. He's just one player!" but tonight I'm starting to feel it.
Even just looking at how much he's changed physically in the few years he's been here... He's become a monster here.

Sir Alex got it right with this one.. and more than likely he'll be gone before we can truly benefit from him. :( At least if he leaves, he'll have won a title. He deserves it.

m1tch

If the lad is happy to be winning the Sir Matt Busby POTY award then we'll be fine. If he wants to win leagues and in europe then we'll probably lose him well before we're even close to contending for them.

prarek

I think it's the passing van Gaal's philosophy which made us more prone to this. Not saying that I like to hoof the ball at first occasion but certainly if we had more direct approach with good pressing we wouldn't need to be forced to do this kind of mistakes that often. I like when players are constructive but it can be costly.