Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerry Donaghy

Supports
Celtic
Nobody else think he could of done better on the goal?

Great pass, yes, great finish, yes, but, if he reads it and comes out and spreads himself, then he surely blocks it.

The worrying thing is, he does this all the time, just stands there and watches it go in (doesn't always go in of course), but all you ever hear from is "De Gea had no chance there".
It happens all the time and I'm sorry, it shouldnt be overlooked.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Crazy that, after as long as he's been here, this was his first big European victory with us.

1st season (11/12) - Knocked out in the group stages and knocked out in the Europa so no giants faced.

12/13 - A draw and a loss vs Real Madrid.

13/14 - A draw and a loss vs Bayern Munich.

No European footy in 14/15.

15/16 - Knocked out in the group stages and a loss and a draw vs Liverpool in the Europa.

16/17 - Didn't play much in our Europa win with Romero being chosen all the way to the final.

17/18 - No giants faced.

Man City 3:1 Man Utd

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Just 1 CS in 12 in PL for him, not being helped by the back four of Young, Smalling, Lindelof and Shaw in front of him. But his form has dipped this season too, 2nd goal was avoidable. First from his kick then to his attempted save.

Stadjer

Bad kick and bad goalkeeping for the second city goal but i blame Lingard for it more. Eventhough it was a bad kick Lingard should have controlled that ball without a problem... if you are on 100k a week and start games for Manchester United that ball should have been controlled without a problem.

kundalini

Rubbish performance. On another day he could have saved both their first (difficult) and especially their 2nd goals. Distribution wasn't clever at times.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Rubbish performance. On another day he could have saved both their first (difficult) and especially their 2nd goals. Distribution wasn't clever at times.
Indeed on another day he saves them all. He's not in god mode this season though

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
This season shows how colossally bad is our defensive play. Wouldn't worry too much about De Gea, even after weaker performance in a while like this one.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He hasn't been his usual self all season. No point pretending otherwise, he needs to improve.

Kostur

海尔的老板
I don't mind him for the goals today but his distribution is yet again playing on my nerves. Partially it was his shit pass for the second goal but this wasn't even the biggest problem. There were so many times (and not only today) where Lindelöf runs to the sideline and asks for him to play the ball back to him after back-passing it and David fecking hoofs it anyway for the ball to be lost. It's only effective if Lukaku is up front or if Fellaini has run to the desired spot, but today was not the case most of the time, and so it hasn't most of the season. It's like once the ball is passed to him he's 100% focused to just feck it off forward without paying any attention to whether he can play it short or not. I'm not asking for some Neuer/shittattoo's level of ball playing, it's some basic shit that should be easily achieved with DDG's technique.

Mick321

It's laughable people call him the best in the world when he's so bad with his feet and scared of crosses. He's exceptional at shot stopping but bang average at everything else. He's not a problem as such but in the era of the all round goalie it's a bit annoying.

These clangers are adding up and not just this season, he threw us out of the CL v Sevilla, Chelsea at home among others.

Woodenlung

Performance wise it's probably his least convincing since his debut season. But in between he's consistently been our best player. Wouldn't blame him if he decides to leave.

UncleBob

I don't mind him for the goals today but his distribution is yet again playing on my nerves. Partially it was his shit pass for the second goal but this wasn't even the biggest problem. There were so many times (and not only today) where Lindelöf runs to the sideline and asks for him to play the ball back to him after back-passing it and David fecking hoofs it anyway for the ball to be lost. It's only effective if Lukaku is up front or if Fellaini has run to the desired spot, but today was not the case most of the time, and so it hasn't most of the season. It's like once the ball is passed to him he's 100% focused to just feck it off forward without paying any attention to whether he can play it short or not. I'm not asking for some Neuer/shittattoo's level of ball playing, it's some basic shit that should be easily achieved with DDG's technique.
Distribution wasn't any issues during Van Gaal, or any previous managers for that matter.

Jose wants him to play long, which is why it's a routine. Look for Lukaku or look for Fellaini

UncleBob

Nobody else think he could of done better on the goal?

Great pass, yes, great finish, yes, but, if he reads it and comes out and spreads himself, then he surely blocks it.

The worrying thing is, he does this all the time, just stands there and watches it go in (doesn't always go in of course), but all you ever hear from is "De Gea had no chance there".
It happens all the time and I'm sorry, it shouldnt be overlooked.
No.

And it's usually because the goalkeeper had no chance.

Not sure if people misunderstand the pace and distance when they see matches on tv compared to real life, but it's bizarre to see the interpretations that some have.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Distribution wasn't any issues during Van Gaal, or any previous managers for that matter.

Jose wants him to play long, which is why it's a routine. Look for Lukaku or look for Fellaini
He was doing the same when both were out of the team and his distribution was always deemed his weakeast side so no, not really.

UncleBob

How waa that a rubbish performance? And why are people blaming him for Augeros goal:confused:
Mostly because people have no idea about the pace of the shot because they've only seen it on tv. You'd have to have inhuman reactions to save such a hard and well placed shot from that distance, yet people are complaining about him not getting his hands up in time :lol:

He does what he has to do, he remains on his feet instead of gambling on a low shot and he hopes that he can react quickly enough when the shot comes instead of taking a wild guess.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
How waa that a rubbish performance? And why are people blaming him for Augeros goal:confused:
He played a stupid ball from that free kick right down the middle which immediately caused that City counter. Hell, he was still outside his goal when Aguero approached our box.

Other than that, can't fault him for any of the goals.

UncleBob

He was doing the same when both were out of the team and his distribution was always deemed his weakeast side so no, not really.
Mourinho wants the ball to be booted forward, because it's less risk to lose the ball up top rather than losing it when trying to play out from the back, it's nothing new that he wants the ball booted upwards.

And his distribution was always deemed his weakest side ? Eh, no. He was pinging inch perfect passes left and right under Fergie, his weakest sides have always been coming for crosses, commanding his defenders more and being a bit too passive when he can rush out.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Mourinho wants the ball to be booted forward, because it's less risk to lose the ball up top rather than losing it when trying to play out from the back, it's nothing new that he wants the ball booted upwards.

And his distribution was always deemed his weakest side ? Eh, no. He was pinging inch perfect passes left and right under Fergie, his weakest sides have always been coming for crosses, commanding his defenders more and being a bit too passive when he can rush out.
Yeah this is some really, really weird revisionism there. His physicality was a problem at first, yes, but skipping this part when his weight was of 60kg and he 'bulked up' and got in terms with this league's requirements, his passing has always been his let down.

Not really sure how DDG's hoofing is Mourinho's tactic when every second ball is gathered by the oppos and we're attacked by it. If it was Mourinho's tactics, why would Lindelof go to the side and ask for the ball too?

UncleBob

Yeah this is some really, really weird revisionism there. His physicality was a problem at first, yes, but skipping this part when his weight was of 60kg and he 'bulked up' and got in terms with this league's requirements, his passing has always been his let down.

Not really sure how DDG's hoofing is Mourinho's tactic when every second ball is gathered by the oppos and we're attacked by it. If it was Mourinho's tactics, why would Lindelof go to the side and ask for the ball too?
He still doesn't like coming for crosses, he just gets bullied less, he has always preferred to stay on the line and trust his reflexes. People are inventing a new scenario where suddenly his passing has always been his let down, it's a bit amusing. Go back to his Fergie days, can go back to his days under Louie as well, passing was never an issue. It was a running joke that his passing was better than our midfielders under Fergie, so we might as well stick him there given the alternatives.

If it wasn't Mourinho's tactics, why hasn't it changed ? It's not like it's difficult to roll the ball out to a defender standing out wide....We don't play out from the back.

Kostur

海尔的老板
He still doesn't like coming for crosses, he just gets bullied less, he has always preferred to stay on the line and trust his reflexes. People are inventing a new scenario where suddenly his passing has always been his let down, it's a bit amusing. Go back to his Fergie days, can go back to his days under Louie as well, passing was never an issue. It was a running joke that his passing was better than our midfielders under Fergie, so we might as well stick him there given the alternatives.

If it wasn't Mourinho's tactics, why hasn't it changed ? It's not like it's difficult to roll the ball out to a defender standing out wide....We don't play out from the back.
Okay then.

Passing success rate in EPL, % since Fergie 2012/13 season by whoscored:

12/13: 54.8%
13/14: 55.7%
14/15: 64.1%
15/16: 56.9%
16/17: 60%
17/18: 57.5%
18/19: 55.1%

So yeah, looks like he's indeed been passing it beautifully left and right under Fergie and LVG and the problem started with Mourinho and his hoof tactics. The joke about him playing in midfield could indeed be about right but it was because we've had a fecking Cleverley and Anderson under Ferguson there.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time

His distribution has slowly deteriorated during his time with us. Not just the last couple of years under Mourinho. It was good when he first came here, but pretty much every year it's gotten a bit worse.

That's not to say that it's not a Mourinho tactic to go long so much, but it's also not just Mourinho's fault that his passing has dropped off.

Rake

The ball was very good. Lingards first touch of a wall was the problem.
Agree with this. Lingard actually failed to control the ball. Had he done so, we had a decent chance in attack. Instead, the ball went to a City player.

Kostur

海尔的老板
@UncleBob Shit I actually forgot about his 11/12 season for us, it was 55.6%, his last year for Atleti was 50.3%. For reference, Alisson for Liverpool and Roma sits at around 80%, Neuer about 82% for Bayern and cuntface for City last season 85% and 83% this season.

UncleBob

Okay then.

Passing success rate in EPL, % since Fergie 2012/13 season by whoscored:

12/13: 54.8%
13/14: 55.7%
14/15: 64.1%
15/16: 56.9%
16/17: 60%
17/18: 57.5%
18/19: 55.1%

So yeah, looks like he's indeed been passing it beautifully left and right under Fergie and LVG and the problem started with Mourinho and his hoof tactics. The joke about him playing in midfield could indeed be about right but it was because we've had a fecking Cleverley and Anderson under Ferguson there.
And divided into pass type long short ?

UncleBob

@UncleBob Shit I actually forgot about his 11/12 season for us, it was 55.6%, his last year for Atleti was 50.3%. For reference, Alisson for Liverpool and Roma sits at around 80%, Neuer about 82% for Bayern and cuntface for City last season 85% and 83% this season.
And compared with pass type ?

How many of Alissons passes are short compared to long vs De Geas

Idxomer

He really needs to start coming off his line more. Previously that didn't matter much because he was in an insane form, but this season it started to show how more versatility in his goalkeeping will go a long way in helping him and the team.

Still, it's very difficult to see how this could be changed much under this current system and management.

Kostur

海尔的老板
And divided into pass type long short ?
What is that division going to change when his average % passing is the same for managers who were apparently building from the back and for whom, according to you, he was a great passer and Mourinho's hoofball? It would mean that his short passing is as shit as his long passing?

And compared with pass type ?

How many of Alissons passes are short compared to long vs De Geas
Well it shouldn't have been problem in his seasons for Ferguson and LVG (we built from the back, remember?) but it's roughly the same as for Mourinho. If you want to make a detailed rundown then be my guest, it's obvious those are playing more short passes but it still doesn't change that your core 'point' was utter bullshit.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
He's regressed a bit. I think he's too chummy with his current coach. He needs to be pushed imho.

I thought he should have tried to take on board what LVG's goal keeping coach was teaching him. Instead, he didn't like him, but imho, he looked the best under his coaching (can't remember his name).

De Gea has been quite untouchable in our team, and I suppose a bit of complacency can set in. Still a great shot stopper (will always be I believe), but he needs to improve other aspects of his game.

nemanja15

He's regressed a bit. I think he's too chummy with his current coach. He needs to be pushed imho.

I thought he should have tried to take on board what LVG's goal keeping coach was teaching him. Instead, he didn't like him, but imho, he looked the best under his coaching (can't remember his name).

De Gea has been quite untouchable in our team, and I suppose a bit of complacency can set in. Still a great shot stopper (will always be I believe), but he needs to improve other aspects of his game.
Frans Hoek. And yeah, I quite agree.

Although I think a lot on here and Twitter have been swayed by Neville’s immediate reaction that he is ‘expected’ to save shots like Aguero’s, which ‘went through his hands’. Seriously. When the ball is leathered from 6-8 yards and goes high, it’s very difficult to stop, and given the pace on that particular shot, there’s no guarantee you can keep it out with one or both hands anyway. The ONLY thing in de Gea’s favour for that goal was the angle.

UncleBob

What is that division going to change when his average % passing is the same for managers who were apparently building from the back and for whom, according to you, he was a great passer and Mourinho's hoofball? It would mean that his short passing is as shit as his long passing?

Well it shouldn't have been problem in his seasons for Ferguson and LVG (we built from the back, remember?) but it's roughly the same as for Mourinho. If you want to make a detailed rundown then be my guest, it's obvious those are playing more short passes but it still doesn't change that your core 'point' was utter bullshit.
Ofcourse it matters what type of pass it is. Look at Ederson at Benfica vs Ederson vs City, half the amount of long passes and he's averaging a 20% higher pass accuracy. It's a bit absurd comparing pass accuracy when you average 3 times as many long balls per match, where over 45% of your passes are long balls.

We've never solely built from the back, we tried it for a period under Van Gaal but teams successfully locked us off, didn't do it under Fergie either, which is easily shown by the fact that ratio of long balls compared to short passes has generally been the same for De Gea, the only freak outlier is Mourinho's first season where he averaged 24 passes per match and over 9 of them were long balls. People have only started complaining about it over the last two seasons, which is hardly a surprise.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Frans Hoek. And yeah, I quite agree.

Although I think a lot on here and Twitter have been swayed by Neville’s immediate reaction that he is ‘expected’ to save shots like Aguero’s, which ‘went through his hands’. Seriously. When the ball is leathered from 6-8 yards and goes high, it’s very difficult to stop, and given the pace on that particular shot, there’s no guarantee you can keep it out with one or both hands anyway. The ONLY thing in De Gea’s favour for that goal was the angle.
That's the one! I daresay, if we still had him, Dave might not be looking as uncomfortable as he does with Spain.

Status
Not open for further replies.