Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Good thing is they have a relatively young top 5 keeper (going by last season) themselves
Stellar, don't think he would bother with Juve or PSG, and Atletico got Oblak.

SlothIsLove

His ability with his feet has declined, hasn't it? I have seen his clearances going straight to the opponents quite a lot from the last couple of seasons.

Apart from that, he did well, great saves as usual. :drool:

M Bison

Supports
York City
Between him and Bailly the goal was a bit of a mess. Few dodgy kicks too, hopefully just a bit rusty.

Couple of routine saves made by his standard, world class by most other keepers standards!

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Great save in the first half but I was disappointed he didn't handle the cross for their goal.

I think he got put off by Bailly/Vardy being so close, but he's usually so good with his angles I think he should have tipped it round the post just to be sure.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
He’s a bit of a soft lad. Never puts his head in where it hurts. Still a brilliant keeper though.
A completely random fact I found about De Gea: he's the same height as Neuer and Buffon (192-193 cm), but he weighs 16 kg less than both of them (76 kg vs 92 kg).

Maybe his skinny physique explains why he's not as dominant in his box as the other two. :confused:

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
A completely random fact I found about De Gea: he's the same height as Neuer and Buffon (192-193 cm), but he weighs 16 kg less than both of them (76 kg vs 92 kg).

Maybe his skinny physique explains not only his agility, but also why he's not as dominant in the air as the other two.
76kg is pretty damn skinny for that height, if those stats are true. He could easily put on a few kg and not lose any agility.

I wasn’t really talking about his ability in the air though. More the way I don’t think I’ve ever - in his whole United career - seen him dive onto a low ball where he’s likely to get clattered. Taking man and ball at once. Which might have kept out the goal last night. He hesitated because he didn’t seem to fancy diving into an area where Bailly/Vardy were likely to be throwing boots. He’s just not very brave/foolhardy, which is not usually what you expect from a keeper. He excels in so many other areas that’s not really a problem.

Loublaze

ATLien
He made one really good save but should've stopped Leicester's goal and his kicking was poor. 6.5/10.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Him being good with his feet is a bit of a myth unless people mean he is good at stopping the ball with his feet.

Distribution is not a strength of his.

Still co-man of the match against Leicester alongside Pogba for me. He doesn't save those, we don't win.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Great save. The goal conceded was a bit of bad luck for Dave. Otherwise a solid performance.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Has an aura about him in a United shirt he simply doesn't have for Spain.

Nick7

Great save in the first half but I was disappointed he didn't handle the cross for their goal.

I think he got put off by Bailly/Vardy being so close, but he's usually so good with his angles I think he should have tipped it round the post just to be sure.
He did what most keepers do, try stay alive for the touch from Vardy. If he committed to getting it at the back post and Vardy touched it, it would have been a worse mistake. It was a fantastic cross.

Red_Ramirez

Not the perfect keeper his fans keep bleating on about

Doesn't dominate his area, quite timid, stays on his line often and kicking can be patchy

Going through a bit of a rough patch yet still one of the best in the world

He'll be alright

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Not the perfect keeper his fans keep bleating on about

Doesn't dominate his area, quite timid, stays on his line often and kicking can be patchy

Going through a bit of a rough patch yet still one of the best in the world

He'll be alright
he might stay on his line but on the other hand, this is where he makes a lot of brilliant saves. He does not always have to come out imo, but it's probably what the fans want to see

Red_Ramirez

he might stay on his line but on the other hand, this is where he makes a lot of brilliant saves. He does not always have to come out imo, but it's probably what the fans want to see
He doesn't have to 'always' come out, I just think as a defender myself it's always assuring that you have a goalkeeper behind you that will assertive and commanding in situations especially in the penalty box. This is an area of De Gea's game he needs to improve upon imo

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Has an aura about him in a United shirt he simply doesn't have for Spain.
It feels similar to when he first joined United when he needed to earn the trust of his defence and those around him while the media was berating him for every little mistake he makes which is going to put a lot of pressure on someone. I don't think the Spaniards trust him like United do but that's understandable given how revered he is over here.

He did what most keepers do, try stay alive for the touch from Vardy. If he committed to getting it at the back post and Vardy touched it, it would have been a worse mistake. It was a fantastic cross.
Most keepers yes. The best keepers would have come and claimed it before it got that far.

Feels like Dave's confidence is low. He's timid off his line and been unsure of his kicking recently.

Nick7

Most keepers yes. The best keepers would have come and claimed it before it got that far.

Feels like Dave's confidence is low. He's timid off his line and been unsure of his kicking recently.
The best keepers have been caught out by crosses like that too.

SpyLuke10

Honestly have people seen that goal by Leicester? What keeper would've stopped that, the ball is too far out to claim he would've had to anticipate it superbly well, and instead because it was close to being headed in, he braced for that and then was just unlucky. It was the defender who let the cross in's fault as well as whichever defender was running with Vardy - they needed to get there first. De Gea did all I'd expect any keeper to do.

As for passing it out of the back, I'd much rather a keeper be a freak of nature at actually keeping and be relatively average-slightly above average passing out of the back than slightly above average at keeping and a freak of nature passing out of the back. Hes no Neuer, but hes good enough, hes certainly no Cech! :lol:

He had one really bad pass out of the back when he had to do it under a lot of pressure but overall his passing is good enough as far as I'm concerned.

ALL HAIL DAVID DE GEA! :drool::angel::D

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He doesn't have to 'always' come out, I just think as a defender myself it's always assuring that you have a goalkeeper behind you that will assertive and commanding in situations especially in the penalty box. This is an area of De Gea's game he needs to improve upon imo
As I said, since he's so good on the line, he does not have to come out. It's also the defenders job to clear the ball. I dont really see an issue with that, for me it's more that his kicking has become much worse

Red_Ramirez

As I said, since he's so good on the line, he does not have to come out. It's also the defenders job to clear the ball. I dont really see an issue with that, for me it's more that his kicking has become much worse
If he came out more often it would mean the defence can push up and we wouldnt have to sit so deep all the time....

Regarding his kicking, it wasnt all that to begin with, his slight dip in form highlights this

As I said before he's not the perfect keeper his fans keep banging on about....but he's still one of the best in the world, probably the best in the PL...going trhough a rough patch......he will be alright:)

TheReligion

Abusive
He's been a rock for us for years now.

If you can't tolerate a slight dip in form then bollocks to you. He's class and we are lucky to have him.

UncleBob

If he came out more often it would mean the defence can push up and we wouldnt have to sit so deep all the time....
:lol::lol:

Yeah, that's exactly why we sit so deep.

Regarding his kicking, it wasnt all that to begin with, his slight dip in form highlights this

As I said before he's not the perfect keeper his fans keep banging on about....but he's still one of the best in the world, probably the best in the PL...going trhough a rough patch......he will be alright:)
In his early days at United he was pinging inch perfect passes to the wings during build up, it's just less of a focus now.

Not sure what this rough patch is either, he's never been close to delivering similar performances for Spain as he has for United, has never had a negative effect on his United performances.

Doubt anyone has seriously called him flawless, very few are even remotely close to it, it's just that his positive sides outweigh, by far, his weak sides. Doesn't matter that every once in a while we'll concede a goal because he doesn't go out for a cross, or that he in a perfect scenario comes out early to clear a ball, when he has a cracking tendency to save shots that normal goalkeepers wouldn't save 99% of the time. Given the injury to Neuer and not knowing what state he'll return to, I don't see many goalkeepers who have performed at similar extreme levels for a consistent period of time, imho Dave is the best goalkeeper in the world

ash_86

Pretty good for City news. Not seen too much from him about United so don't know his reliability with us.
He gets his info from Aguero's camp who's supposedly close with Dave according to /r/reddevils. Probably thats why it checks out.

Status
Not open for further replies.