5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we get a shout out for this man? No amazing saves or anything but his handling was perfect, especially in that last 10 minutes or so.
most commanding I’ve seen him in a long time. Had to do a double take when I saw him outside the box clearing the ball. Looks like a conscious effort for him to operate off of his line more.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Good concentration from him tonight.

Came off his line at least twice!:eek:

Solid performance.

Based Adnan

Saves you expect him to make but well handled nevertheless. Kicking can definitely improve but good game overall.

DoomSlayer

Today was one of the first times I've seen him so proactive off his goal. He came out once and relieved the pressure by making Lindelof push forward and passed the ball to him into space, whereas before he would have stayed back and Victor would have had to pass back to him and then De Gea would have just hoofed the ball.

His kicking still needs some work, but I saw him pass it really accurate to Rashford 2 or 3 times, who also won almost all his aerial duels with Aurier. It was great to see.

Man City 1:2 Man Utd

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Might not quite be at his very best but he's certainly overcome the nightmare form of last season. Some excellent saves today and looked confident.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Brilliant save on Mahrez. Not much else to do if we're honest other than that.

luisnani86

Thought he made a couple decisive saves - Mahrez and Rodri stops were impressive. I was anxious in the first half when he didn't confidently claim the corner City swung in and although I've only seen it once I felt the goal probably was down to the same thing. Not sure whether people agree

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Anyone think he could have done more with the goal? Sometimes I pine for Schmeichel-type dominance in these situations, instead he’s glued to his line.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Anyone think he could have done more with the goal? Sometimes I pine for Schmeichel-type dominance in these situations, instead he’s glued to his line.
Yes, he needs to clear out the area more often. He just sticks to his line

izec

Yes, he needs to clear out the area more often. He just sticks to his line
Comes out and then hesitates, goes back a bit and concedes the goal. A Gk never looks good if he does that. He is a tall guy, he seriously needs to be a bit more brave.

Based Adnan

Couple of great saves but we will always be vulnerable to balls into the box due to his inability to come off his line

Robertd0803

Dont think Ive ever seen a keeper booked for time wasting with nearly half an hour to go :lol:

SteveW

Dave's confidence is coming back after a dodgy 18 moth spell. I thought giving him a long and expensive contract was a huge risk but Ole seems to have judged it perfectly. I wonder if getting rid of his personal GK coach has helped. Whatever had been going on clearly wasn't working.

It's great to feels some confidence in our goalkeeper again. I'm sure the defenders feel a lot better knowing the cat is back in business. Maybe could have done better with the goal but that's always been his game. I'm still really happy to see him looking confident again and back to his old self again.

Last edited:

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Was going to come for it but changed his mind. It is a glaring weakness of his in fairness. There was another one earlier in the game that he could have come for too.
Saying he's then at fault for the goal is a bit of a stretch though.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Looking at DDG this season and I think this is what we can expect from him moving forward. I don't think he'll ever get back to his pre World Cup form, I think that De Gea is gone for good (and if it is we can just look back on what was a truly outstanding 4/5 years of WC performances) and what we've got now is just a solid middle of the road keeper. Make your own minds up as to whether that's acceptable or not

Fracture90

Just Dave stuff. Couple of world class saves. Shame we couldn't have kept a clean sheet, but goal wasn't on him.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Thought he was very good with the ball at his feet. Seems to be improving in this area which is great. He'll never command his box though so we really need our defenders to be able to dominate in the air. Thought he had a great game, really focused and made some classic De Gea saves.

I think he has to be one of the best goalkeepers ever, I'm just imagining his all time highlight reel of saves, it must be an insane even lengthy video.

Oldyella

At fault for the goal no doubt but also a fantastic save to retain the win.
Think that just sums up how he is as a player now. Will make great saves but can always cost us a goal by not coming off his line. Would frustrate the hell out of my if I was playing CB with him, you need help when balls coming in so close to the goal.

cyberman

Dont think he gets to the ball if he doesnt stop for their goal. Thats why he stops.
The ball was really whipped into a congested area. It was just a great corner

RedDevilRoshi

That save from Mahrez after they had just scored was huge. At that point, I just knew the game was going to be ours. Massive save!

Personally thought he could have came out and claimed or even punched the ball away for Otamendi’s goal but other than that, it was a normal DDG performance.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Attacking players shouldn't be winning headers on the 6 yard line. That's just never been De Gea's game though, but there was space for him to come and make a claim for it. Even just punch it if you're not confident of a clean catch. And if you happen to follow through and jab Otamendi right in the mush, then I wouldn't be losing any sleep over that either.

Made some very good, important save yesterday though. Solid performance overall.

Kerry Donaghy

Supports
Celtic
Looking at DDG this season and I think this is what we can expect from him moving forward. I don't think he'll ever get back to his pre World Cup form, I think that De Gea is gone for good (and if it is we can just look back on what was a truly outstanding 4/5 years of WC performances) and what we've got now is just a solid middle of the road keeper. Make your own minds up as to whether that's acceptable or not
Not a chance that can be acceptable when we've made him the highest paid keeper in the world.
For the wages we're paying him (a reported £390,000 a week) we could probably have 2 or 3 world class players in the squad yet we're wasting them on a keeper, who even if he is a really good shot stopper (even that's debatable now) is costing us constant goals and points with this inability to come out and, at least attempt, to help out his defenders for corners/crosses.
It's laughable really.

Paul_Scholes18

Not a chance that can be acceptable when we've made him the highest paid keeper in the world.
For the wages we're paying him (a reported £390,000 a week) we could probably have 2 or 3 world class players in the squad yet we're wasting them on a keeper, who even if he is a really good shot stopper (even that's debatable now) is costing us constant goals and points with this inability to come out and, at least attempt, to help out his defenders for corners/crosses.
It's laughable really.
We spend far too much on some players. It started with Rooney getting that contract after he declined. Now we still have to pay Sanchez and De Gea earn far too much money after his decline. Also add spending far too much on Maguire.
I am also sure the likes of Mata,Rojo, Jones, Young etc earn a lot for being squad players.

I think we are lucky to have Rashford and Mctominay from our academy which has really saved our ass. Without them we would be a disaster this season. James has been great too so we have at least one transfer gem in 6 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.