Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

VJ1762

Really broke my heart when I first saw this. DDG deserves so much more.

Kag

Gives it the big one about the lack of quality in others in spite of playing like a doughnut for the best part of two seasons.

If Henderson continues to look like the real deal then I’d take the hit on him.

Bobski

Foul or not, he has to go for that ball with far more aggression and conviction. Poor.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
:lol: and people were shocked when I said he isn’t a United quality anymore.

He’s awful at coming off his line, he isn’t a modern goalkeeper. Still a good shot stopper but he lacks in all other areas

Djemba-Djemba

I think it was a foul.

But I still think it was soft from him and it's becoming increasingly obvious that a major reason we concede so many goals from set pieces is because of De Gea.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
It was always a foul, but there is a reason he doesn't come out for these - it's because he is terrible at dealing with crosses. Good keeper should be catching those, not even going for boxing it. Even during the jump he was shying away from a player.

Paul_Scholes18

I personally would go for Henderson next season. Although no other club would go for De Gea with the wages he got. He is another Sanchez for us soon.

AshRK

I don't understand why our defenders pass the ball to him eventhough he is not good with it. It's like they become braindead.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Elite level shot-stopping and Championship standard in every other facet of being a goalkeeper.

Communication? Dreadful.

Distribution? Piss-poor.

Command of the box? Non-existent.

Zero fight in him either. His attempt at arguing for a foul amounted to giving Oliver puppy-dog eyes and a shrug of the shoulders. No wonder he lost the captaincy.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Thought it was a foul.

Obviously that doesn't make his weaknesses in that situation dissapear but neither can you ignore that the foul is what led to his weakness in this incident costing us.

Generally speaking bounced back from his nightmare form of last year and been solid this season, if not at his very best. Hopefully he shakes this off.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
If he showed more aggression in dealing that ball, VAR would have gave us a free kick for that. Disappointed on DDG.

Based Adnan

Elite level shot-stopping and Championship standard in every other facet of being a goalkeeper.

Communication? Dreadful.

Distribution? Piss-poor.

Command of the box? Non-existent.

Zero fight in him either. His attempt at arguing for a foul amounted to giving Oliver puppy-dog eyes and a shrug of the shoulders. No wonder he lost the captaincy.
Yep, one of my biggest dissapointments with De Gea outside of being able to transition into a modern keeper is his complete lack of personality. He's been at the club for nearly a decade and still comes across as a mute with zero communication or leadership in the backline. It's telling that he got the captaincy taken off him like you said. In a dressing room that has lacked leaders as much as it has in recent times he should have taken it upon himself to be one.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
He's got an arm in his face which is stopping him from attacking the ball properly. It's a foul every time.
I just think it's soft. One of those where VAR has just gone with the referee's decision.

Is there an example of VAR over turning anything similar all season?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I just think it's soft. One of those where VAR has just gone with the referee's decision.

Is there an example of VAR over turning anything similar all season?
Yes:

I'm often happy enough to defend VAR decisions but I thought this was a foul. In particular it's the sort of foul an on-field ref watching the incident himself would be more likely to give than VAR, I think.

Kostov

I only fault him for not reacting to the ref, nobody did actually which I found pathetic. Other teams instantly surround the ref and put pressure to make the call. We allowed that to happen at Old Trafford. Can you imagine that happening at Anfield?

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
He's got an arm in his face which is stopping him from attacking the ball properly. It's a foul every time.
I agree it was a foul and I do rate DeGea but generally he's very weak at crosses. Pickford would of took out all players around him to get to that ball then probably would of got a foul in his favour which is pretty ironic. Unfortunately DeGea is lacking in the courage department. Once his reflexes go he's finished but hopefully that won't be for a few years yet.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
That's the reason he's not captain. He should have been shouting and screaming at the ref running at him asking for a foul.

Instead he just sat there feeling sorry for himself. I personally thought it was a blatant modern day foul, you see less than that given as fouls every week!

We got robbed but he didn't help himself at all.

Welbeckham

Apart from his shot-stopping, he’s not a good goalkeeper. That was a foul, but he should’ve done better. If he went to the ground, he’d certainly have won a free kick. Bad goalkeeping, terrible officiating.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
He made one but critical mistake and of course team can never make up for it, so apprently he needs to be 120% on top of his form every game, because some of his team mates are simply shite and never had one fully consistent season in United from the looks of it.

The corner was caused by team's despicable 'ability' to clear the ball straight to Everton player few good times.

Dave did goofed but this team is such a weak fest it's horrible we can't give De Gea proper defensive lineup from few good years.

manutddjw

I wonder what’s happened to him. He was absolutely horrendous at dealing with crosses and commanding his area when he first arrived, but he improved to the point where it wasn’t even an issue any more. Last few seasons he’s reverted back to his first season.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
His form is a major concern for me.

His form started to dip under Jose and has gotten so much worse since Ole came in. I don't know what has happened to him. His heart is not in it anymore?

DoomSlayer

Another game, another goal conceded. Time to give Romero a chance? Maybe bring back Henderson in January, he has arguably been the best GK in the league.

kundalini

Terrible error for their goal. On the replay I thought he might get lucky and get given a foul but not clear-cut to me. One decent save from Iwobi in the 2nd half.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Another game, another goal conceded. Time to give Romero a chance? Maybe bring back Henderson in January, he has arguably been the best GK in the league.
Perhaps a good idea, but Romero will also have to deal with his own defense's nervousness and clearing out the ball striaght to oppo players.

He is the worlds best reflex keeper. When they go, we're in big trouble if hes still here.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
He made one but critical mistake and of course team can never make up for it, so apprently he needs to be 120% on top of his form every game, because some of his team mates are simply shite and never had one fully consistent season in United from the looks of it.

The corner was caused by team's despicable 'ability' to clear the ball straight to Everton player few good times.

Dave did goofed but this team is such a weak fest it's horrible we can't give De Gea proper defensive lineup from few good years.
That's literally the job of a goalkeeper. To be relied upon every time. You cant compare keeping blunders to strikers missing chances. Total different roles.

De gea has been costing us points for two seasons now. Everytime were just reminded of how good a shot stopper he is and how he has saved us points many seasons ago as if that justifies what he is upto now.

We would have been in the champions league had he not made mistakes last season. Hes pretty shaky keeper and definitely not worth his wages.

This isnt knee jerk I've been saying it for a while and fully realize he might go on to have 5 or 6 amazing games but an elite or world class keeper cant have purple patches. they need to be extremely consistent

Born2Lose

Made me laugh when I saw some comparing him to Schmeicel and Van der Saar.

He's arguably a better shot stopper at his best, but the rest of his game is so weak it's not even close.

Can't recall the numerous amount of times I've yelled at the TV for him to distribute the ball out quickly, only for him to stand there looking completely gormless.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
That's literally the job of a goalkeeper. To be relied upon every time. You cant compare keeping blunders to strikers missing chances. Total different roles.

De gea has been costing us points for two seasons now. Everytime were just reminded of how good a shot stopper he is and how he has saved us points many seasons ago as if that justifies what he is upto now.

We would have been in the champions league had he not made mistakes last season. Hes pretty shaky keeper and definitely not worth his wages.

This isnt knee jerk I've been saying it for a while and fully realize he might go on to have 5 or 6 amazing games but an elite or world class keeper cant have purple patches. they need to be extremely consistent
In that case we have to sign the best goalkeeper in the world, because this defense isn't providing any help, maybe except Bissaka's sliding tackles and Maguire's outmuscling ability. De Gea's not a sacred cow and so is Lindelof who according by many had his moments last season where we conceded also through his passive attitude both in the air and ground.

We actually had knee jerk reactions many years ago, now it's becoming reality as we look more like Arsenal than even Chelsea in their not so best shape recently.

I would love to see one season with De Gea guarded with fully stable and quality defensive line and that actually somewhat happened in 12/13 season. Since then we are left with immitations of former world class players... Maguire doesn't even shout at teammates while they clear the ball to oppo players time and time again. This type of things create constant pressure at goalkeeper and I think Neuer would also crack at some point by the amount of chaos happening.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
It was a foul and I was surprised that it wasn't overruled. With that being said, I fully blame De Gea for this. We can't depend on the refs for calls. This was a simple ball that he should have dealt with much better. Use two hands and go up strong and be brave. And put a knee up. This is 2 weeks in a row that his clean sheet was ruined because he wasn't brave inside his 6 yard box. He might be a great shot stopper but the best keepers are also brilliant at the basics. He's been going off pure talent and still hasn't learned how to play his position yet. If it were up to me I would start Romero for the next game. Starts are earned based on how you play not the size of your contract. Romero has 4 clean sheets this year in 5 starts. DeGea has 3 clean sheets this year in 17 starts (all comps). Time to give Romero a run...

DoomSlayer

I fully believe that if we gave Dean Henderson a chance this season and spent the money we wasted on Maguire for our midfield and CAM position, we would be easily in the top 4. De Gea has shown absolutely nothing to warrant being the highest payed GK in the world, another total waste of resources.

Paul_Scholes18

I fully believe that if we gave Dean Henderson a chance this season and spent the money we wasted on Maguire for our midfield and CAM position, we would be easily in the top 4. De Gea has shown absolutely nothing to warrant being the highest payed GK in the world, another total waste of resources.
I agree with that. We are spending money in the wrong areas. Up front and in midfield is where we need top quality. Our defense need better coaching mainly.

Status
Not open for further replies.