Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
In that case we have to sign the best goalkeeper in the world, because this defense isn't providing any help, maybe except Bissaka's sliding tackles and Maguire's outmuscling ability. De Gea's not a sacred cow and so is Lindelof who according by many had his moments last season where we conceded also through his passive attitude both in the air and ground.

We actually had knee jerk reactions many years ago, now it's becoming reality as we look more like Arsenal than even Chelsea in their not so best shape recently.

I would love to see one season with De Gea guarded with fully stable and quality defensive line and that actually somewhat happened in 12/13 season. Since then we are left with immitations of former world class players... Maguire doesn't even shout at teammates while they clear the ball to oppo players time and time again. This type of things create constant pressure at goalkeeper and I think Neuer would also crack at some point by the amount of chaos happening.
Maguire looked better at Leicester though under a more commanding keeper.

Ban

He's coming or not coming for crosses at all is a major, major downgrade on his play.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

The more I see it the more stupid it is that a foul wasn't given.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Remember the goal city scored? Yea today showed you why he doesn’t come for those balls. He’s a fart in the wind challenging for those

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
that's a foul all day long isn't it? Maybe if De Gea rolled about on the ground he would have got more sympathy but it seems pretty clear. Could have done better but then the way it just lands for the OG, was just one of those things. We've had many good Var decisions but I think todays was BS. Perhaps now we were back winning, people were back making these type of decisions rather then the right one.

SambaBoy

It was a soft foul but you wouldn't be surprised to see it given. He makes it difficult for the referee by turning his back however.

A strong commanding keeper would have just rode the challenge and if he was impeded then the ref would have given the foul.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
It was a soft foul but you wouldn't be surprised to see it given. He makes it difficult for the referee by turning his back however.

A strong commanding keeper would have just rode the challenge and if he was impeded then the ref would have given the foul.
Which is why the ref felt confident enough to not give it. Which is a huge problem. How much of an uphill battle is games when the ref has that attitude to one team and not to the other which is the fact. I've seen this exact ref protect the keepers several times in similar and even softer instances, yet he is not dumb he knew De Gea would get more blame than him generally so he found a way to feck it up for us. Like he did when he made up a rule to give Herrera a red card for a soft foul after telling our team the next foul is a yellow card.

Decisions like these makes it open season on goalkeepers from here on out, we should crowd the area and make use of this change in approach no? But.. Watch us on a corner next game putting two players to block the route for the goalkeeper and as he throws himself into the back of Maguire the keeper gets awarded a free kick.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He got bullied of the ball. Just watch the goal again and focus on De Gea rather than the ball.

We don't need to sign a world class keeper to replace him but it would be good to see a keeper with presence between the sticks that isn't a fanny.

edcunited1878

When you're playing zonal marking in the box, as United does, DDG has to be stronger and more assured on corners. It was a good corner delivery that evaded McTominay and DDG was left to contend with Mina and Calvert-Lewin. He had a chance to go through Calvert-Lewin but wasn't strong. Yes, there was contact but it was a weak attempt. Another goal from a set piece phase is disappointing.

Captain16Keano

It was a soft foul. One that should really be given, but soft enough that I struggle to be upset if it's not. Unfortunately it cost us this time.
This sums it up for me. I think he has gone into it knowing a challenge would come. He should have attacked the ball in a more commanding/stronger manner and I think he would have cleared it without a problem

Andrew Richmond

David de Gea probably should have dealt with it better but at the end of the day that is given as a foul in the keeper 99 times out of a 100.

Godfather

Foul or not he is atrocious at crosses. I feel more comfortable with Romero in goal these days

DoomSlayer

He got bullied of the ball. Just watch the goal again and focus on De Gea rather than the ball.

We don't need to sign a world class keeper to replace him but it would be good to see a keeper with presence between the sticks that isn't a fanny.
I think Henderson is a lot braver and seems to control his box better than De Gea, he's also a lot more vocal and I believe he will eventually turn into a leader for the defence. He's got the potential to be a great English GK, hopefully we give him a chance or we will definitely regret it in the future.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I think Henderson is a lot braver and seems to control his box better than De Gea, he's also a lot more vocal and I believe he will eventually turn into a leader for the defence. He's got the potential to be a great English GK, hopefully we give him a chance or we will definitely regret it in the future.
I agree, give young Henderson a chance. I personally would try and sell De Gea but I doubt many big clubs would want him.

The stronger the backline De Gea plays in, the more his glaring flaws will be exposed like his abysmal command of his area. I know this will upset 'De Gea FC' but he's such a limited keeper. Get Henderson in and give him a chance.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He was soft in that punch but it was a clear foul. I don't understand how Var allowed that. Rules say that any contact with gk in his area without touching the ball is a foul. Mind blowing decision. I would love to see explanation for that decision.

Meep

Who was the idiot in the VAR room who didnt dare to call this off? It is a very clear foul. If you get pushed down exactly when you jump up it can look very pathetic like you didnt even try, as in this case.

DoomSlayer

I agree, give young Henderson a chance. I personally would try and sell De Gea but I doubt many big clubs would want him.

The stronger the backline De Gea plays in, the more his glaring flaws will be exposed like his abysmal command of his area. I know this will upset 'De Gea FC' but he's such a limited keeper. Get Henderson in and give him a chance.
Unfortunately, I don't think there is even 1% chance that we can sell De Gea, considering the new crazy contract we gave him. The only possibility is to sell Romero, recall Henderson and have them fight it out for the GK spot.

It's not an ideal situation and I believe Henderson would bench DDG in the long-term, making us lose a hell of a lot of money like we did with Sanchez, but our club seems adamant on wasting as much resources as possible. Imagine what players we could have had with the money we pay for transfers and wages, if only we had a working structure and we were competitive...

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Unfortunately, I don't think there is even 1% chance that we can sell De Gea, considering the new crazy contract we gave him. The only possibility is to sell Romero, recall Henderson and have them fight it out for the GK spot.

It's not an ideal situation and I believe Henderson would bench DDG in the long-term, making us lose a hell of a lot of money like we did with Sanchez, but our club seems adamant on wasting as much resources as possible. Imagine what players we could have had with the money we pay for transfers and wages, if only we had a working structure and we were competitive...
I agree.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Had Peter Schmeichel been in goal in the same scenario, Calvert Lewin would've gone off the pitch on a stretcher imo.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

Now there is De Gea fc also? We have one of the best gk in PL who is still world class shot stopper and because he has that one flaw you want to sell him and give a chance to Henderson?

And why Henderson and not Romero who is good every time when he plays? This narrative young= good for first 11 is becoming ridiculous now. Williams plays two good games; " he needs to be our first choice full back", Tuanzebe plays few games; " he needs to be first choice defender", Gomes without even playing PL game; "he needs to be first choice no 10" and now with Henderson same situation.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Now there is De Gea fc also? We have one of the best gk in PL who is still world class shot stopper and because he has that one flaw you want to sell him and give a chance to Henderson?

And why Henderson and not Romero who is good every time when he plays? This narrative young= good for first 11 is becoming ridiculous now. Williams plays two good games; " he needs to be our first choice full back", Tuanzebe plays few games; " he needs to be first choice defender", Gomes without even playing PL game; "he needs to be first choice no 10" and now with Henderson same situation.
Didnt know where to sign up for this. Whoever is the captain for his De Gea FC, please send me the link. I want to be part of the FC.

Yeah this is getting ridiculous now,
AWB should be replaced with Laird,
Williams should replace Shaw
Garner should replace Matic and before that it was Fred
Gomes should replace whoever is playing as #10.

This is so far from reality, it's not even possible on FM.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

I'm fine with Romero aswell but having followed his career in Holland and Italy I wouldn't want him as the longterm #1. Can Henderson be the #1 longterm? The answer to that is potentially yes from watching his performances at Sheffield United in the English top flight. And if not , then there's various options around Europe.

The reason people want the likes of Laird and Tuanzebe over AWB and Lindelof is because one is limited going forward and the other is a bang average CB who isn't even better than CBs at Brighton. Put Konate at CB for us and nobody would be calling for the inclusion of Tuanzebe. Same applies to Laird if we had a allround capable RB. I also have the priviledge of watching our young lads play at u16 and u18 level regularly which helps me form my opinion.

Last edited:

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
It's not exactly only one flaw.

Indeed, the reality is that he's only really got one top attribute. Of course he was so ridiculously good at that one thing (amongst the best pure shot stoppers in the history of the game) that he was probably the best goalkeeper in the world for a couple of years. Although it has to be said he didn't have much competition at the time as Neuer had declined and the next generation were a couple of years off stepping up. The problem is that reflexes and pure shot stopping ability is often one of the first things to slow down as you get older, and there have been definite signs over the last two years that that has already started to happen. He's obviously improved this season compared to last season but he's still nowhere near as good as he was a couple of seasons ago.

Once that ability decreases for him, what are we left with? His command of the box is poor. His communication with the defence is average at best. He's poor under crosses. His distribution is average (poor compared to almost every keeper at other top clubs who have prioritised that over the last few years).

I love the guy for what he's given us, but there are huge question marks over him at the moment.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Didnt know where to sign up for this. Whoever is the captain for his De Gea FC, please send me the link. I want to be part of the FC.

Yeah this is getting ridiculous now,
AWB should be replaced with Laird,
Williams should replace Shaw
Garner should replace Matic and before that it was Fred
Gomes should replace whoever is playing as #10.

This is so far from reality, it's not even possible on FM.
Crazy isn't it? We have problems in squad and some positions need to be upgraded and some positions could be upgraded but reading Caf i have a feeling that whole our squad is complete dross. And then i read how people want to replace one of rare true world class players like De gea or future wc like Rashford).
Rashford was Rashford, Martial gets abuse every game, Pogba, Lindelof, Shaw....who is good in this squad ffs?

I know that emotions are high last few years and fans are angry( i don't escape from my share of guilt. I know that i am going overboard regarding some things) but criticsm for bad game or bad form is one thing and writting player off after bad game is another.

roonster09

Scout
Crazy isn't it? We have problems in squad and some positions need to be upgraded and some positions could be upgraded but reading Caf i have a feeling that whole our squad is complete dross. And then i read how people want to replace one of rare true world class players like De gea or future wc like Rashford).
Rashford was Rashford, Martial gets abuse every game, Pogba, Lindelof, Shaw....who is good in this squad ffs?

I know that emotions are high last few years and fans are angry( i don't escape from my share of guilt. I know that i am going overboard regarding some things) but criticsm for bad game or bad form is one thing and writting player off after bad game is another.
Yeah, we only deal with extremes. Solution for every problem is in our academy as well.

The goal wasn't even De Gea's mistake, he was clearly fouled but somehow he is getting lot of blame for that. I mean which GK will take elbow/arm to the face and still clears the ball?

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
It's not exactly only one flaw.

Indeed, the reality is that he's only really got one top attribute. Of course he was so ridiculously good at that one thing (amongst the best pure shot stoppers in the history of the game) that he was probably the best goalkeeper in the world for a couple of years. Although it has to be said he didn't have much competition at the time as Neuer had declined and the next generation were a couple of years off stepping up. The problem is that reflexes and pure shot stopping ability is often one of the first things to slow down as you get older, and there have been definite signs over the last two years that that has already started to happen. He's obviously improved this season compared to last season but he's still nowhere near as good as he was a couple of seasons ago.

Once that ability decreases for him, what are we left with? His command of the box is poor. His communication with the defence is average at best. He's poor under crosses. His distribution is average (poor compared to almost every keeper at other top clubs who have prioritised that over the last few years).

I love the guy for what he's given us, but there are huge question marks over him at the moment.
I am always for upgrade( and that is why i have huge and for some posters annoying agenda on Ole) and despite what i feel and think about some players i would replace them if i think that we can do better there but only if we can sign really better player than him.
How many gk in the world are really upgrade to Dave? I would say maybe Oblak and maybe Ter Stegen. And that is it. I am not saying that DDG is 3rd best gk in the world but is there really some gk for whom we can say that he is better than Dave?
Same goes for some other players. I don't hide that i like Lindelof and Martial( every fan has his favourites) but i know that they are not world class and i would replace them for better. But again, for really better players.

And there is time for every transfer. You don't upgrade position where you have already good player while you have couple of holes in squad where you need new players( midfield, right winger, backup striker).
For example i think that we can do better on left back. But not now. Shaw is doing good job. This summer lets deal with burning problems like midfield or winger and then next summer lets evaluate Shaw or Lindelof or Awb or whoever.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Yeah, we only deal with extremes. Solution for every problem is in our academy as well.

The goal wasn't even De Gea's mistake, he was clearly fouled but somehow he is getting lot of blame for that. I mean which GK will take elbow/arm to the face and still clears the ball?
Exactly this. And especially bolded part.

roonster09

Scout
Can you provide some examples of posters saying the bolded bit? @roonster09 could help you because he made the original claim which you agreed with. Take your time lads..
We need a RB to replace Young? Lets promote Laird.
What happens to Greenwood if we sign Haaland.
LB is not a priority with Williams performance

These are just without even searching. There should be many more posts saying they don't want Bruno Fernandes as we have Gomes.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Can you provide some examples of posters saying the bolded bit? @roonster09 could help you because he made the original claim which you agreed with. Take your time lads..
Lindelof had two bad headers in first couple of games. "Lets play Tuanzebe". Dozens of posts. Just go on that thread.
Gomes on no 10 is repeated on dozens match threads and Gomes thread.
Williams needs to replace Shaw is repeated on 2 Williams threads.
Garner needs to play over Fred. On both threads.
Henderson over DDG. You are not the first who said it.

Now, i am not saying that we should not try some of those players but to call for that after one bad game and think that it is long term solution after one or two games is just stupid.

Last edited:

roonster09

Scout
Lindelof had two bad headers in first couple of games. "Lets play Tuanzebe". Dozens of posts. Just go on that thread.
+ Laird as RB.This is ignoring how Chong was better (dribbler/footballer) than Rashford already last season.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
We need a RB to replace Young? Lets promote Laird.
What happens to Greenwood if we sign Haaland.
LB is not a priority with Williams performance

These are just without even searching. There should be many more posts saying they don't want Bruno Fernandes as we have Gomes.
That's opinions of literally numerous different United fans. No one person said the Academy is the sole solution to our problems. But it's rather one of many solutions to our problems and there's strong proof/evidence of that historically and presently.

Also I do agree with many about Gomes being a huge talent which was easy to see and many coaches at United are of the same belief. And no I wouldn't have signed Fernandes for the ridiculous fee SCP wanted.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
A gentle reminder that despite his poor judgment in that incident yesterday, where he was actually fouled, he's saved us many many times when other keepers probably wouldn't.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

Now, i am not saying that we should not try some of those players but to call for that after one bad game and think that it is long term solution after one or two games is just stupid.
Different people have differing opinions mate. I think maybe you're over-reacting some what?

Our Academy has done well though so it's easy to see why people would want certain players to get a opportunity.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
F**** VAR, I don't care about this.

It's absolutely De Gea's fault. He was soft, didn't wanted to come out and should have broke the Everton player. Opposition players knows that DDG doesnt like to get out of his line on corners and has a passive behavior.

Next time he has to make sure that he punch the ball and everything else.

Also, I doubt of Lindelof anticipation here. Too passive also

Adnan

Talent Spotter
+ Laird as RB.This is ignoring how Chong was better (dribbler/footballer) than Rashford already last season.
Rashford isn't a good dribbler in tight spaces I still believe that. And your post is responding to someone who criticised him no end.

Status
Not open for further replies.