Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

threamcloud

Are you forgetting the saves he made??
A good defender is a player who doesnt need to get down usually to tackle to defend.
Thats somewhat true for a GK. Obviously his main job is those save, but to say that that's all a GK need, then that's so wrong in so many ways, especially for a MAn Utd GK. Yes VDS and Schmeichel had some great save, but thats not their best qualities to make them MU legend; what they did to prevent them from happening, are.

I dont see De Gea will ever reach nearly to the place our legend are. Each of our sucessful era, we have a legend GK to be the foundation for it. So if we ever want to come back, it is time to get rid of him and find a new GK. Or you can still be in delusional and put your trust in him, and well, fail.

P.s: someone just posted a video of schmeichel mistakes. Nope, I am not talking about his mistake this game. Sure, everyone makes mistakes. What Im talking about is his zero ability to defend the ball crossed in. And do you know which country does man utd play in? Endland, where most of football clubs cross the ball in like 50 times per game.
Do you know why McGuire was a solid rock in defending those corner/freekicks? Because none was saved by the GK, thats why.

Last edited:

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Maguire shouldnt need to be making as many of those headers as he did.

Teams have such an advantage against us on corners by basically ignoring De Gea.

We need a proactive keeper.
This. He NEVER collects high ball in the box which means so much more responsibility falls on the defenders

He makes some world class saves now and then (like Pickford did today) but he makes just as many howlers

Sell him and get Henderson in there. If we stick with De Gea and Henderson goes elsewhere we will be making a massive mistake

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Ya. Let's put Romero in who botched up that goal in the first leg against Brugge. Let's make an example of de Gea. Keepers make mistakes and their mistakes are always big mistakes. Just look at this Schmeichel video.

Schmeichel made mistakes but he was far more complete than De Gea in many many many other ways.

OleGunnar20

Henderson should get an honest crack at the #1 shirt next year. These mistakes have been a consistent part of his game for two years at this point.

Virror

The mistake was just diabolical. But I am much more annoyed at the fact that Everton had 13 corners and i don't remember him coming out for a single one. It just invites pressure when we have to head it away/head it to another corner instead of the keeper coming out and collecting it.

billybee99

You are talking about embarrassing posts?? He is still great gk. And yes he had 3 excellent saves.
I will repeat: embarrassing post. He is not, and has not been a great keeper going back to the world cup nearly 2 years ago. If you want to keep repeating your narrative, you go right ahead. I have no time for intellectual dishonesty nor Trump like twisting of the truth. He had 1 excellent stop today at the end; the rest were routine; he cost us points.

The United

As many said, saving is his job.

However, kicking the ball into opposition leg to concede the goal is not.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Can you gurantee another keep would have made those saves? No. It was a stupid mistake for the goal but another OTT reaction on here as always.
Since the start of last season, out of all keepers in Premier league, De Gea has made the most no. of mistake.
Yes De Gea made some saves too, but people have a reason to feel disappointed, especially when he got paid 375k per week, we would expect something better. And its not really one-off, we have been witnessing quite a number of it too.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Feel like this one is even worse than the Watford one. He had so much time like I could order pizza with delivery and arrived before he decided to kick the ball.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Seems to have a howler in him and has absolutely no command of even his own 6 yard box on set pieces.

That being said, phenomenal save late on to deny Richarlison.

He's still very good, but over the last 2 seasons he's not been in the top 5 in the league. Never mind the world #1 he used to be.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
I will repeat: embarrassing post. He is not, and has not been a great keeper going back to the world cup nearly 2 years ago. If you want to keep repeating your narrative, you go right ahead. I have no time for intellectual dishonesty nor Trump like twisting of the truth. He had 1 excellent stop today at the end; the rest were routine; he cost us points.
If he wasn't a great keeper we'd have lost the match vs Everton

Last edited:

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Ha ha, i love people like you. You talk about everything in a way like your opinion is the rule or some kind of holly truth. You are great, keep it up.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Can you gurantee another keep would have made those saves? No. It was a stupid mistake for the goal but another OTT reaction on here as always.
I can't guarantee that obviously but I'm very confident another keeper wouldn't be as big of a coward as this timid chap who is afraid to come of his line. Maguire was literally commanding De Gea's area from set pieces due to him staying rooted to his line.

Mistakes can be forgiven but his glaring deficiencies cannot be ignored any longer. We need to bring in a rounded keeper that will benefit the collective.

Mailo

He is the definition of a chicken shit. They were bombarding our box from corners and he went for none.

We should send Maguire for a brain scan after all those headers, that our keeper should have gone for and fisted away. Everybody and their dog knows that we're there for the taking with him between the posts at corners. They are targeting him like they did the first couple of seasons and with good reason.

billybee99

Ya. Let's put Romero in who botched up that goal in the first leg against Brugge. Let's make an example of de Gea. Keepers make mistakes and their mistakes are always big mistakes. Just look at this Schmeichel video.

Oh great, Darko has given us the Schmeichel video for the 10th time today. Thanks again darko. Keep throwing past legends under the bus in order to defend your boy. He was horrible today by the way.

Last edited:

izec

If he wasn't a great keeper we'd have lost the match vs Everton

Pickford is world class as well going by that. He isnt, neither is De Gea.

Only the third save was impressive by the way. The first two are decent saves in any top league, nothing more.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
We can't even sell him to Inter. They have a better keeper. Handanovic is very underrated.

Devil may care

Multiple dumbass threads popping up which I'm just going to ignore, it was a horrendous cock up for their goal, no doubt about it, but he was good bar that and made a vital save near the end and a good fingertip one just after the screw up.

threamcloud

I can't guarantee that obviously but I'm very confident another keeper wouldn't be as big of a coward as this timid chap who is afraid to come of his line. Maguire was literally commanding De Gea's area from set pieces due to him staying rooted to his line.

Mistakes can be forgiven but his glaring deficiencies cannot be ignored any longer. We need to bring in a rounded keeper that will benefit the collective.
Calling him coward is right in so many ways. Sometimes thats a problem of mentality, and that cannot be trained.
Anyone who back him up, I only have 1 question for you. Do you remember the last time he rises up and collect the ball from a corner kick? Pretty sure not today. If you still put your blind trust in him and cannot see that, then just remember to count for the next match. I'm sure you will get what we here mean.

billybee99

Ha ha, i love people like you. You talk about everything in a way like your opinion is the rule or some kind of holly truth. You are great, keep it up.
And I love people like you: people who are no longer giving an honest opinion but, rather, holding on to past opinions because they are so scared of admitting that they are wrong. And so as these humiliating blunders continue to build up, you, like a Trump supporter, will dig your heels in further, hold onto the past, and refuse to see what is right in front of your eyes. DDG was the greatest shot stopper I have ever seen but I have eyes and a brain and I can see that he is no longer a top player. He is costing us valuable points now. He is not winning us 15 points per season like he used to; he is costing us points.

billybee99

Multiple dumbass threads popping up which I'm just going to ignore, it was a horrendous cock up for their goal, no doubt about it, but he was good bar that and made a vital save near the end and a good fingertip one just after the screw up.
Yes, he was good bar that tiny little error. Jesus.

el3mel

Time to move on from him in summer. He's past his peak and his mistakes are nearly equal to his saves now.

Kerry Donaghy

Supports
Celtic
And I love people like you: people who are no longer giving an honest opinion but, rather, holding on to past opinions because they are so scared of admitting that they are wrong. And so as these humiliating blunders continue to build up, you, like a Trump supporter, will dig your heels in further, hold onto the past, and refuse to see what is right in front of your eyes. DDG was the greatest shot stopper I have ever seen but I have eyes and a brain and I can see that he is no longer a top player. He is costing us valuable points now. He is not winning us 15 points per season like he used to; he is costing us points.
Agree 100%, great post.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results, yet apparantley I'm delusional for suggesting we should try a different goalkeeper and see how it goes.

darko

Oh great, Darko has given us the Schmeichel video for the 10th time today. Thanks again darko. Keep throwing past legends under the bus in order to defend your boy. He was horrible today by the way.
What! And de Gea isn't a legend. Get a grip and stop reacting like a ten-year-old. All keepers make blunders.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Why are you arguing with people in every post? You can give your opinion without being fired up.

Kerry Donaghy

Supports
Celtic
Calling him coward is right in so many ways. Sometimes thats a problem of mentality, and that cannot be trained.
Anyone who back him up, I only have 1 question for you. Do you remember the last time he rises up and collect the ball from a corner kick? Pretty sure not today. If you still put your blind trust in him and cannot see that, then just remember to count for the next match. I'm sure you will get what we here mean.
I dont like to use words like coward but it's hard not to see that, compared to most goalkeepers, there is a real reluctance to be brave and proactive.
This clip is the perfect example of what I'm talking about, I genuinely think this goal was easily preventable by simply reading the play, being brave and coming out and smothering the ball.
Instead he turns his back on it.

http://www.soccer-blogger.com/2019/...-vs-wolves-2019-bizarre-smalling-handball-og/

flappyjay

The best keepers keep their mistakes to a really small amount over a season. Unfortunately de Gea is making more than he should which makes him a liability

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
His feck up was stupid and unnecessary. He also made an incredible save to balance it out, just before their offside goal, so anyone who is saying he cost us points is, in my opinion, wrong.

Excellent post.

Kerry Donaghy

Supports
Celtic
Yes, fair enough, but what about the dozens of other mistakes over the past few seasons?

On balance, there is not a chance he deserves to be starting games for us, let alone, be the highest paid player in the Premier league.

I dont care how big a fan of his you are, if you can't see that by now then you're part of the problem.

Djemba-Djemba

He's become a total liability.

Some of his mistakes in the last year have been embarrassing.

No excuse for that today, just so poor.

Kerry Donaghy

Supports
Celtic
He is the definition of a chicken shit. They were bombarding our box from corners and he went for none.

We should send Maguire for a brain scan after all those headers, that our keeper should have gone for and fisted away. Everybody and their dog knows that we're there for the taking with him between the posts at corners. They are targeting him like they did the first couple of seasons and with good reason.
This has been costing us goals for ten years now, he may as well not be there when any sort of cross comes in (unless, through sheer luck, the ball happens to hit him as he's rooted to his line).

It's baffling to me how more people cannot see how much of a problem this is for the team.

Last edited:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
His feck up was stupid and unnecessary. He also made an incredible save to balance it out, just before their offside goal, so anyone who is saying he cost us points is, in my opinion, wrong.

Excellent post.
An excellent post because you agree with it? Big Pete made mistakes but other facets of his game (his command of area and throwing ability to start attacks) made him a big part of our game. So even if he made similar error to this one (I recall one against Barnsley at home) he still was a massive use in our build up play and also still had world class shot stopping.

What does De Gea offer aside from his good shot stopping? Him making a great save doesn’t balance anything out as making the error that early changes the whole game plan.

Even without the error, DDG doesn’t do enough to justify his huge wages and the fact he’s been poor for over a year now means that he’s a big problem in the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.