Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

GenZRed

Before anyone bash him completely I just want to say a couple of thIngs.
He’s a club legend with over 400 games and 2 POTY awards and should be treated with respect. Regardless of salary.

13 clean sheets last 19 games.

Don’t get me wrong. He’s performances been shaky for some time now and maybe it’s time to move on. But at least treat him with some respect.
He really isn't.

GenZRed

Why oh why did he start today. Ole should be dropping him for the Premiership, nevermind playing him in the cup games.

Ole messe dup starting him today. Feel bad for Romero.

GenZRed

Wrong. If he drops De Gea, Romero makes a mistake, all the blame is on him for making a rash decision for the last two games. Next year it will be sorted, but it's impossible to sell De Gea now unless PSG want him.

Not a rash decision at all. DeGea has been poor for some time. A rest might do DeGea good in the long term.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Sack his coach and get him working in the gym on his upper body strength.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
It's better for both parties if he leaves.

He is a Club legend though.

His performances for Spain just destroyed him.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I think he needs to have a challenge. If he felt under threat, he wouldn't be so complacent.

It's really sad and I can't imagine how shit he feels, but for the team's sake he needs to be dropped. Just praying he holds up for the next two league games, but if Ole suspects his confidence has been completely knocked from today, he really shouldn't start him against West Ham imo.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
So with you on this. I got angry every time reading people just willing to discard him but, after today, there is no way we can as a club afford to be sentimental. Henderson will be a gamble. He is very good but, playing keeper for this club is a huge ask but, we have no choice now but to make the switch.
3 years left for De Gea on 350k a week is the huge problem. Presume we can weasel out of the optional 4th year, but just when we're beginning to get over the Rooney and Sanchez deals, we have another one that's a huge problem.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
World Cup broke him. Called it awhile ago that his best attribute was declining. Without shot stopping, he has nothing and now he barely has that.

edgecutter

These mistakes aren't one offs and it's becoming a major issue. He became one of the rest why we missed out last year and it's looking like that could occur again.

el3mel

How can De Gea be a club legend ? He has been a great player for us alright but sure as hell not to the "legend" state. His trophies record with us is shambolic and he'll always have Peter and VDS ahead of him in terms of United's best GKs.

We have so many players that are legends and it's hard to classify De Gea among them. Great player, not a legend.

Ace of Spades

I don't want to put all blame on him, but that was a terrible performance. Shot stopping is supposed to be his bread and butter, he is not a commanding keeper in the box but you sacrifice that for some terrific shot stopping.

If he can't do the thing that he is best at, and he is not improving any other parts to his game, then why is he being paid top wages for ??

-Supreme-

He is in need for a change of environment, mentally he isn't here anymore.

Ole will have to stick by him next week, let's hope we can find him a new club in the summer.

Djemba-Djemba

I think he needs to have a challenge. If he felt under threat, he wouldn't be so complacent.

It's really sad and I can't imagine how shit he feels, but for the team's sake he needs to be dropped. Just praying he holds up for the next two league games, but if Ole suspects his confidence has been completely knocked from today, he really shouldn't start him against West Ham imo.
Would be utter madness to start him again this season.

Can you imagine how nervoud and error ridden he'd be in that absolutely crucial game against Leicester.

I'm just sick and very tired of him now. Every shot on target you panic because it might be a goal. No matter how shit the shot is, with De Gea in net there's always a chance it's a goal.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
He’s been poor for 4 of the 8 goals he’s conceded since the restart. I really don’t trust him going into the last 2.

GenZRed

You have a short memory I see.

Just becasue he's declined doesn't mean he didn't carry us for years FFS. Get a grip.
How on EARTH is he a club legend? You're the one who needs to get a grip, not to mention get real about what makes someone a 'club legend'.

I was willing to give him another season after the howlers he made in the 2011/12 season. I thought highly of him from the 2012/13 season onward and forgave his mistakes last season. I was even in the crowd when he dropped that clanger against Chelsea towards the end of last season, I was behind his net. This sub-par performances from him cost us last season and are costing us again this season.

DavidDeSchmikes

Huge decision for Ole during the summer.
I would love De Gea to recover and turn his form around, but frankly by his high standards he has too low below par. That 2nd goal?!?

Jacko21

Tricky thing with goalkeepers is that it's not like you can let two good players fight it out for the same position - because you can't be changing your keeper every other week.

Don't know what the answer is. But there's only one way to find out if Henderson is good enough to take the No.1 spot...

Plus, it's not as if Romero is bad.

Godfather

Forget next season. What are we doing with him right now? Can we risk starting him again the next two games?

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Would be utter madness to start him again this season.

Can you imagine how nervoud and error ridden he'd be in that absolutely crucial game against Leicester.

I'm just sick and very tired of him now. Every shot on target you panic because it might be a goal. No matter how shit the shot is, with De Gea in net there's always a chance it's a goal.
I know but I'm assuming he will start regardless. I don't know, Ole is pretty stealthy the way he drops players, but De Gea because of his history is getting a long leash. I'm just not sure if Ole will drop him for the next two games.

I said we should have let him go last season but he's here and I'm praying he doesn't let us down in the next two matches. The club can make a decision on his future after those games.

Thiagoal

Ole simply must drop him now for the good of the team! When a ‘shot stopper’ starts conceding howlers there’s nothing left to hang your hat on

GenZRed

Anyone who calls him a club legend needs to get a grip. Being good, even very good for three/four season doens't make someone a club legend, least not at Manchester United. A club legend is someone who plays an integral role in multiple title-winning squads, needless to say, base don that criteria, he is not a club legend.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
How on EARTH is he a club legend? You're the one who needs to get a grip, not to mention get real about what makes someone a 'club legend'.

I was willing to give him another season after the howlers he made in the 2011/12 season. I thought highly of him from the 2012/13 season onward and forgave his mistakes last season. I was even in the crowd when he dropped that clanger against Chelsea towards the end of last season, I was behind his net. This sub-par performances from him cost us last season and are costing us again this season.
I'm not even going to bother with you because it's not worth my time TBH.

The Real Treble 99

Feel sorry for DDG but for me it’s all over now. He’s been calamitous for quite a few goals this season. He just doesn’t look right & definitely a shadow of the keeper he once was. Probably time to put in Romero as No.1 because my favoured choice Oblak probably won’t leave AM.

Brophs

The One and Only
There aren't many players who've dropped this far for such an extended period (I'm saying 2 years, others will disagree) and come back from it. Maybe the competition that Henderson would provide would snap him out of it, but the issues look far more fundamental and, sadly, terminal, to me.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Huge decision for Ole during the summer.
I would love De Gea to recover and turn his form around, but frankly by his high standards he has too low below par. That 2nd goal?!?
Should have saved the first as well. He kind of palmed it into the net.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
He probably needs a change of scenery. Go back to Atleti and let us have Oblak?

PoTMS

I would love to hear Keane's opinion on his performance today.

Machine Elements

Why the hell would Atleti swap the best GK in the world for someone way worse, older and on higher wages?.
Money. Of course I'm not talking about a straight swap like Sanchez-Mkhitaryan deal.

Also, Oblak said last year he wants to play in the Premier League before he retires. Maybe he'll be interested in coming as well as David going back to his boyhood club.

The only thing that would prevent such a swap is De Gea's wages imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.