David Moyes West Ham Manager | Gone (pedantic sod Sarni)

KTP_ZA

January transfer window he will sign Lescott and Pienaar

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Think people need to cut him a bit of slack. Yea he was shit for us and then a bit more, but he does have years of credibility with Everton.
With a decent club with decent players like West Ham, I am sure there is a good amount to be optimistic about.
He's been a failure at three clubs since Everton. Real Socieded were a decent club with decent players (and are once again now he's gone) and they were heading towards relegation under his watch. Here's a post by a season ticket holder on the West Ham forum.

In a somewhat self indulgent way, but mainly because it's relevant on this thread, I'm re-hashing a post I made on the Slaven Bilic thread yesterday. It's relevant because this thread is about oyes and the other one wasn't

I'm a season ticket holder at Real Sociedad and have very good contacts within the club.
I followed closely Moyes when he was here for a year and met him briefly 3 times

The general consensus within the club and among the fans was that he was a complete and utter disaster on every possible level. He sells the myth that he saved the club from relegation, but that's a lie. Real Sociedad weren't in danger of going down when he arrived, but were in serious trouble when he was sacked. The main he achievement he left at the club was a marked reduction of season ticket holders while he was here because of the dire football he produced

He made no effort to learn anything about La Liga, the language, the city, didn't know who his own players were, often stubbornly playing players out of position because he mixed them up. He had a really dreadful relationship with his players and training staff. Even the office staff hated him almost as much as the playing and coaching staff did

Closed minded, unimaginative, arrogant, ignorant and lazy are some of the repeatable adjectives used to describe him. The 3 times I met him, he seemed very aloof and very arrogant

But far worse than all that was what the players and coaching staff thought all thought of his credentials as a trainer/coach. To sum up you won't find anyone at Real Sociedad who doesn't say "He hasn't got a clue" .Long balls, no creative tactics whatsoever, no player development - indeed there isn't a player at the club who didn't get worse under Moyes and who hasn't improved since Eusebio replaced him.
Apparently his match management was to set up defensively (but not effectively) and leave the attacking solutions to the imagination of the players - no creative tactics whatsoever. Expect to see Chicharrito and Lanzini squeezed out and everything based around long balls to AC

Also relevant is the fact that he was given a reasonably decent transfer budget in his transfer windows but brought in not a single player. The 3 that were signed in his stay at the club were signed behind his back because he didn't know who the players were and came up with no alternatives. He has, quite literally, no knowledge whatsover of the European player market, so giving hom money to spend in January would be a joke

David Moyes as manager of West Ham would be a total and utter, unmitigated disaster
Please West Ham, don't let it happen
Bit in bold sound familiar?

Luciano Venturini

It's still making me giggle thinking about when he said "they've been training with me dos, tres, quatro times"

arthurka

No one deserves this even if it was Liverpool... I will follow West ham with great interest now.. :lol:

Kapardin

Gotta hand it to Davey boy, keeps landing jobs and payoffs despite being utterly shite at everything.

Wonder how Chicha is feeling?

Hawks2008

Do Gold and Sullivan hate West Ham fans or something? Why would you inflict David "I should've had more time" Moyes upon your own club?

Damien

Staff
Jesus @kr0nix

Here's their welcome thread

Said that Sunderland were in a relegation battle before a ball was kicked - turned out to be spot on.

Said that anyone he could bring in in January would not be the sort of players to get Sunderland out of the bottom three - again, spot on.

Said that Sunderland couldn't attract any decent players, essentially because they are Sunderland - three out of three there Dave.

God only knows what he's going to say about us.
Yesterday’s man joining a club moving backwards. Kind of makes sense.
Would the last person out, please turn out the lights.
They took us away from our home, heritage and history for the worst football stadium in the country and David Moyes.
They said we were going to the next level. Only trouble is we thought they meant the penthouse when they were aiming for the basement.
They’ve killed this club and now they’ve hired the undertaker. Very very sad.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
"We will fight to stay up but I dont think we will succeed."
"I dont think I can buy the players I want."
"I'm here for short period of time, I'm a CL calibre manager."
"I will work with I have but I dont think club can give me the money."
You joke but I gurantuee he will be “managing expectations” very soon with phrases his players just don’t want to hear.

Minimalist

”You don't welcome a new employee at your workplace with negativity and words that suggest you expect them to fail at their new job. Or maybe you do?"

Oh get a fecking grip.

I tell you what then. Let's get him a coffee and show him around. Assign his buddy for the week and then sit and talk about his yearly appraisal targets.... Oh don't forget to contact IT to get his access password set up..... Oh book him in to get his ID pass photo too.

Best of Luck David. I am sure you are going to love it here.

feck me.
Just had a wee look to see some online reactions from their support.

Oh it brings back the memories. The sanctimonious twats who believe in fairies and miracles (give the man a chance, support the manager), the poor rational sods who feel like they’re taking crazy pills.

Delicious.

Devil81

It's a deal until the end of the season and he gets a transfer budget!?!

What happens if he does a good job and gets offered another job, the club would be powerless to stop him leaving and he'd have signed players a new manager might not like. West Ham a really crazy club.

Damien

Staff
His first six games in charge:

Watford (a)
Leicester City (h)
Everton (a)
Manchester City (a)
Chelsea (h)
Arsenal (h)

This is going to get ugly.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Premier League managerial recruitment seems to be done by club chairmen accessing a real-time Football Manager-like database, searching for managers by filtering on employment status, and sorting by reputation.

Manager at the top of the list gets the job. Moyes is well known, rightly or wrongly, so he must be the best. It's the same pool of names that keeps the cycle spinning around.

The drunks on Soccer Saturday probably think it's a great appointment. Home grown manager, proper football man, meat and potatoes, jumpers for goalposts, none of that Johnny Foreigner lark, facking have itttttt etc.

Minimalist

Hopefully both Everton and West Ham go down. Then at the final whistle on match day 38, West Ham supporters fire Moyes out of a cannon back to Merseyside where he belongs.

Red_Beans

Am I the only one over the moon with this? The season just got that much more interesting, cannot wait for the Moyes circus to get back on track!

Red_Aaron

I'm not sure he's as bad a coach as many believe but his credibility has taken such a hammering post-utd you just can't see any of the players taking him seriously.
he's gotta pull something astonishing out of the bag early on or they'll just not listen to him or worse ridicule him

i don't know how you managed to wrangle this davey but it's the end of the road if you don't succeed this time, you'll be left with nothing but the Scotland job!

Damien

Staff
Am I the only one over the moon with this? The season just got that much more interesting, cannot wait for the Moyes circus to get back on track!
I'd rather not see him back in management at all - especially so soon after Sunderland, but I guess there's only a few clubs I'd rather him be at than West Ham so if he's back in the league at least it is there.

The Bloody-Nine

He is a black hole of misery sucking the joy and fun out of the fans and the sport. This should be good.

Minimalist

I'm not sure he's as bad a coach as many believe but his credibility has taken such a hammering post-utd you just can't see any of the players taking him seriously.
he's gotta pull something astonishing out of the bag early on or they'll just not listen to him or worse ridicule him

i don't know how you managed to wrangle this davey but it's the end of the road if you don't succeed this time, you'll be left with nothing but the Scotland job!
Nah Rogers will leave Celtic and then Moyes can break the old firm grip on the SPL.