David Moyes West Ham Manager | Gone (pedantic sod Sarni)

Minimalist

Discussion

"David it was tough season but we'd like to aim for finishing in the top 10 next season, let's make some progress."

"No chance, you lot are set for a relegation battle again."

"We'll let you know..."

---

He'll be grand though - he's got the press in his pocket. They'll get him a job in no time.

Acole9

Outstanding
I'm not surprised at all, his post match interviews in the game vs us and yesterday he kept referring to them as they and all that.

edcunited1878

Would he be interested in working with Stevie Me at Rangers? His time as a manager where a club is committed to him at a decent top half of the table side should be over.

stevoc

Oh David, did the impossible and kept West Ham up and now facing the sack.

Robbie Boy

Well played Davey; he performed a 'miracle' to keep West Ham up and now he'll leave when he's stock is the highest it's been in years. His media buddies will have him a job in no time.

Nikelesh Reddy

Well played Davey; he performed a 'miracle' to keep West Ham up and now he'll leave when he's stock is the highest it's been in years. His media buddies will have him a job in no time.
But where?He won't get a job at a top 6 club....Burnley have an excellent manager already,Everton won't want him back,Leicester and Palace have stable managers....Come to think of it,maybe Newcastle might be a good option IF Benitez leaves this summer.

There's a lot of talk that Everton want Benitez,so if Benitez leaves,then maybe Newcastle might be a good fit for Moyes.Its a huge club and if he's backed in the transfer window he may fancy the challenge of establishing them as a top half club.Apart from Newcastle,he probably won't find a bigger club than west ham...

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
But where?He won't get a job at a top 6 club....Burnley have an excellent manager already,Everton won't want him back,Leicester and Palace have stable managers....Come to think of it,maybe Newcastle might be a good option IF Benitez leaves this summer.

There's a lot of talk that Everton want Benitez,so if Benitez leaves,then maybe Newcastle might be a good fit for Moyes.Its a huge club and if he's backed in the transfer window he may fancy the challenge of establishing them as a top half club.Apart from Newcastle,he probably won't find a bigger club than west ham...
No chance Bentiez agrees to Everton.

Nikelesh Reddy

No chance Bentiez agrees to Everton.
Why not??They clearly have a better squad than Newcastle....They"ve got an owner who's ready to spend big and Benitez knows that city inside out.Frankly I don't think there's any reason why he would turn down Everton....he left Liverpool a good 6-7 years ago,don't think his links with Liverpool will stop him from joining Everton...after all he didn't grow up supporting Liverpool..

Alabaster Codify7

He'll walk effortlessly into a new job in the PL, no problem.
I'm thinking Newcastle, I suspect Rafa will leave this summer.

stevoc

Am I the only one who thinks he did a good job at West ham?
He did what he was brought into do which was avoid relegation, but they conceded the most goals in the league. Only for a few teams being even worse they could have easily gone down, he should have had that squad safe weeks/months ago.

Nikelesh Reddy

He'll walk effortlessly into a new job in the PL, no problem.
I'm thinking Newcastle, I suspect Rafa will leave this summer.
Newcastle is the best that Moyes can find in many ways,but the only problem is Mike Ashley.Newcastles net spend under his ownership has been woeful...

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Why not??They clearly have a better squad than Newcastle....They"ve got an owner who's ready to spend big and Benitez knows that city inside out.Frankly I don't think there's any reason why he would turn down Everton....he left Liverpool a good 6-7 years ago,don't think his links with Liverpool will stop him from joining Everton...after all he didn't grow up supporting Liverpool..
Name a manager that has managed Everton and Liverpool. Or considered it. Same with Arsenal and Chelsea, United and Liverpool, United and City, Spurs and Arsenal.

Its like that for a reason. 6-7 years is very recent memory too, especially when Rafa enjoyed arguably his most decorated moment in his career there.

Nikelesh Reddy

Name a manager that has managed Everton and Liverpool. Or considered it. Same with Arsenal and Chelsea, United and Liverpool, United and City, Spurs and Arsenal.

Its like that for a reason. 6-7 years is very recent memory too, especially when Rafa enjoyed arguably his most decorated moment in his career there.
George Graham.He was a 2 time league champion with Arsenal,I think he spent 7-8 years there....left the club in 1995 and he subsequently went on to manage Spurs in 1998...He managed Spurs for 3 full seasons...

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
George Graham.He was a 2 time league champion with Arsenal,I think he spent 7-8 years there....left the club in 1995 and he subsequently went on to manage Spurs in 1998...He managed Spurs for 3 full seasons...
Nice one! Thats one example though so the general point kind of stands. Again, especially considering how Rafa always admires Liverpool to date and given his achievements there.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I reckon Carlos Carvijal would be best for the club tbh.

Nikelesh Reddy

Nice one! Thats one example though so the general point kind of stands. Again, especially considering how Rafa always admires Liverpool to date and given his achievements there.
Fair enough...But unless Benitez ends up at Arsenal,Everton's the only upgrade to Newcastle in this league....But I can see where your coming from...

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
I agree he is too loyal to Liverpool and always will be
He’s made a decent amount of money from their fans since he was sacked, so I can’t see him putting that at risk by going to one of their alleged rivals.

MoskvaRed

He did when you compare it to his three previous jobs
Exactly - his “success” at West Ham is all relative to the extremely low expectations we have of Moyes, particularly after his stint at Sundeeland.

Moyes won’t get a top 8 job but, with people like Hughes walking into another PL job after leading Stoke into the relegation zone, there’s no reason Moyes can’t land another top tier role. Maybe he’ll end up at Cardiff once Warnock gets sacked around November.