David Moyes West Ham Manager | Gone (pedantic sod Sarni)

poleglass red

Jan transfer window could be interesting. Do you back a manager on a short term contract with money. His remit will be to get some of the summer buys to actually start playing, but easier said than done. Always nice for clubs in relegation battle to freshen things up a a little in Jan window

Peanut Butter

Has anyone said "But he did a great job at Neverton" yet?

He didn't. He never won a pot in 11 years.

Fitchett

I've given this some thought and all I can come up with is that it's not a good idea.
It is a good idea Katie - look at some of the absolute gems posted in this thread. It's been a brilliant read and we've another six months to look forward to :lol:

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Is comparing this place with RAWK the new Godwin's Law?

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
He'll probably manage to keep them up this season and relegate them next year when Chicharito fecks off in the summer. Its the hope that kills.

Dinghy

Is there any bookies taking bets on him being gone before new year?

SteveJ

Scout
Is this the point at which the west ham fans produce a "downfall" parody video or do they have to wait for a few games before deploying that one?
'Hitler reacts to being mentioned in a Moyes thread'

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Not sure everyone hates them but certainly most United fans dislike them because of 1995. They played out of their skin to get a draw and stop United winning the league. That was fair enough in itself but they celebrated it like they had won something themselves.

Can't wait until Moyes drags them down.
And in recent times their 'fans' destroyed our bus and delayed us getting to the stadium.

stevoc

I think this is last chance saloon for Moyes.
Plenty thought that about Sunderland too. His journalist mates keep his name out there with complimentary articles. And clueless old chairmen like Gold and Sullivan have obviously fallen for it hook line and sinker.

GloryHunter07

Plenty thought that about Sunderland too. His journalist mates keep his name out there with complimentary articles. And clueless old chairmen like Gold and Sullivan have obviously fallen for it hook line and sinker.
It does tend to be the same old faces doesnt it.

The Outsider

Supports
Chelsea
If Moyes fails with West Ham, there will be just one job realistically left and for that he will need to dust off the kilt.

fatmanWazza

"This has been the worst deal in the history of deals, maybe ever." The Donald approves.

Abizzz

I was quite sympathetic towards Bilic, when talk went on about him getting fired I wondered who they could realistically sign to improve...

Hiring Moyes more or less proves Bilic wasn't the problem :D.

nore1975

Supports
Liverpool
I think he is in the managerial last chance saloon. West Ham is his level and unlike at Sunderland he will most likely be backed in January. He is a solid plodder of a manager who generally buys well so this may work out for him. Unlike at United he is not walking into a dressing room of winners so he has a better chance of being respected. His excellent work at Everton should stand him in good stead. Hope he does well. Comes across as a decent bloke.

SteveJ

Scout
The saloon closed shortly after Moyes walked in.

GrandJury

Surprised even President Trump hasn’t tweeted about this. SAD.