David Moyes West Ham Manager | Gone (pedantic sod Sarni)

Hammerfell

Moyes is a great manager. Manchester United was a big step for him and i believe we had too many expectations from him. He managed Everton for a long time and did very well with them. He maintained the budget there well and brought in quality players all the time. Sunderland were too mediocre and below par. West Ham is the right club for him and i personally want him to do well.
All these newbies trying so hard is weird.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
If Moyes manages to take points from us this place is going to go mental.

AlwaysRed66

This reminds of when Alex McLeish went to Aston Villa, & was hated by the fans from the start.

stevoc

Delighted. Moyes was hilarious as United's manager and didn't disappoint afterwards either. I still watch the Erramendi-Video dos, tres, quatro times a day and I hope he produces some more zingers.

Genuine foreigner's question: Why does everybody hate West Ham?
Not sure everyone hates them but certainly most United fans dislike them because of 1995. They played out of their skin to get a draw and stop United winning the league. That was fair enough in itself but they celebrated it like they had won something themselves.

Can't wait until Moyes drags them down.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Can't believe he has managed to get another job in the Premier League.

A part of me thinks that him being a former United manager has helped his career, even though he failed miserably here.

Surely that's the only reason he is still considered for these jobs?

He did a decent job at Everton but has been awful everywhere else. A lot of people overhype what he did at Everton as well, he didn't even win anything.
It's more the merry go round of these old school British managers. The younger progressive coaches don't get a look in and these lot hoover up any job in a mile radius and have the audacity to complain about foreign managers.

red4ever 79

Is it April the 1st? I mean seriously you could not choose a worse profile of a manager to look for inspiration in fighting relegation.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Hate West Ham but seriously hope Moyes does a decent job and regains some reputation. He won't reach the highs of Everton but even if he manages to make WHU a top 10 team in PL, he'd have done a good job

Jeffthered

West Ham could be relegated, that is a distinct possibility now. Blimey.

Jaybomb

How does he get relegated and walk into another (bigger) job? Absolutely ridiculous.

No doubt his buddies in the media are saying its a good appointment. The same idiots who wanted to see him given more time at United.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Even his suit screams dull. Not saying he should turn up like Rio did for his unveiling, but if everyone already thinks you're Mr boring wanker then it's probably best not to borrow his suit.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
When your club desperately need inspiration.......The Dildoes appoint the least inspiring man in Western Europe...:lol::lol:

I really do hope its an utter disaster....!! :devil:

The Bloody-Nine

"As a player, David Moyes coming in wouldn't inspire me," former Hammers striker Dean Ashton told BBC Radio 5 live. "That is what is going to be hard because he's going to have to overcome that straight away."

poleglass red

Absolute insanity. If their fans weren't too appreciative of Big Sams version of total football, then they are in for a treat with Mr Moyes.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Well, this is case in point the problem with coaching in England - the same trash is recycled over & over

On a side note, Moyes looks like an extra from the Pirates of the Caribbean series of films or at least a future host of Tales from the Crypt

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Not sure everyone hates them but certainly most United fans dislike them because of 1995. They played out of their skin to get a draw and stop United winning the league. That was fair enough in itself but they celebrated it like they had won something themselves.

Cheers, that explains the vitriol.
I can't be arsed about the Hammers but Moyes gets me all giddy :drool:

Edit: The Guardian is not pulling punches.

Moyes in Numbers

This will be Moyes's sixth job in management following spells at Preston, Everton, Manchester United, Real Sociedad and Sunderland.

Years in charge at Everton, from 2002 to 2013 – longer than in all his other managerial jobs combined.

Moyes' win percentage as Sunderland boss last season. The Black Cats finished bottom of the Premier League, 16 points adrift of top-flight survival.

The Scot has been named LMA manager of the year on three occasions, in 2003, 2005 and 2009 during an Everton reign which also brought him 10 manager-of-the-month awards.

He has won one trophy, the 2013 Community Shield with Manchester United, which some would argue doesn't count

Moyes becomes West Ham's ninth permanent manager of the Premier League era, and only the 16th in their history

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Delighted. Moyes was hilarious as United's manager and didn't disappoint afterwards either. I still watch the Erramendi-Video dos, tres, quatro times a day and I hope he produces some more zingers.

Genuine foreigner's question: Why does everybody hate West Ham?
I wonder whether he intends to learn Cock-en-y rhyming slang.

Djemba-Djemba

Why do Newbies think posts that praise Moyes will get them likes?

I assume the vast majority of Redcafe will be anti moyes so who will like their posts?

Loon

:lol:

It goes back before that: an already relegated West Ham beat United 1-0 to ensure Leeds won the league in 1992.

Javi

He must have sold them that the job is more akin to his stint at Everton than what he'd done with Sunderland. "Everyone would've struggled with United after Fergie left, in Spain I couldn't reach the players and Sunderland was doomed all the way".

The Outsider

Supports
Chelsea
If Moyes manages to take points from us this place is going to go mental.
I think you have just invoked the football gods, you are down to play them at Upton Park on St.Paddys day 17th March 2018.

I bet when they play you Moyes gets Carroll back to winning ways and Hart plays a blinder to show he is still a true blue.

Of course even if they beat you they may well go down.