David Moyes West Ham Manager | Gone (pedantic sod Sarni)

El cangrejo

Supports
FC Luzern
Honestly think Moyes is a good manager. Looking at how LVG and Jose have done so far, then I wouldn't have minded if we gave him some more time. At WHU he has some great players to work with, with wise January acquisitions, he could make top 10, maybe even top 8.
lol
Who are these “great players” at West Ham?

Arnautović is probably their best player but has been useless so far and is a total headcase. Chicharito thrives on good service so is wasted under Moyes and Ayew has been a big disappointment in the PL.

Lanzini is another that I just can’t see adapting very well to playing Moyes’ anti-football either and will probably be benched or stuck out wide and told to put in 20 crosses a match.

Let’s remember that Moyes selected players last season for their “Britishness” on more than one occasion.

Listar

Honestly think Moyes is a good manager. Looking at how LVG and Jose have done so far, then I wouldn't have minded if we gave him some more time. At WHU he has some great players to work with, with wise January acquisitions, he could make top 10, maybe even top 8.
lol
I thought it is well established that Mourinho > Van Gaal > Moyes. But you prefer Moyes? Wow. Please do not tell me you actually think that Moyes is a better fit for United than the latter two. :houllier:

MuFc_1992

Moyes' biggest flaw is his downright stupidity and utter reluctance to learn anything new. It's almost like he accidentally stumbled into something that worked at Everton and now he's been unsuccessfully trying to recreate that.

Kapardin

Moyes' biggest flaw is his downright stupidity and utter reluctance to learn anything new. It's almost like he accidentally stumbled into something that worked at Everton and now he's been unsuccessfully trying to recreate that.
Also has an uncanny knack for stumbling into plum jobs, gotta give him that.

norm87cro

I really don't get the amount od hate he gets on this forum. I remember the 2013/14 season and it was a low point of my United life (given I hadn't known any manager other than SAF). Can't hate somebody for not being good enough. He was rightfully fired and was completley out of his depth. His negative tactics and cowardly approach are an insult to other managers like Martinez who at least has a trophy at Wigan and had Everton playing some sexy stuff at one point. But having said that Moyes should do enough to keep West Ham in the league. After that they should go for somebody with a more " to date "approach.

El cangrejo

Supports
FC Luzern
I really don't get the amount od hate he gets on this forum. I remember the 2013/14 season and it was a low point of my United life (given I hadn't known any manager other than SAF). Can't hate somebody for not being good enough.
I think people hate him here because he doesn't shut up about being treated unfairly and still hypes himself up as a "Champions League level manager" despite being a complete laughing stock.

I really don't get the amount od hate he gets on this forum. I remember the 2013/14 season and it was a low point of my United life (given I hadn't known any manager other than SAF). Can't hate somebody for not being good enough. He was rightfully fired and was completley out of his depth. His negative tactics and cowardly approach are an insult to other managers like Martinez who at least has a trophy at Wigan and had Everton playing some sexy stuff at one point. But having said that Moyes should do enough to keep West Ham in the league. After that they should go for somebody with a more " to date "approach.
How many bloody times does it have to be repeated @norm87cro, he isn’t disliked because he failed here, he’s disliked because he hasn’t shut up since about how poorly treated he was.
He has shown zero humilty despite finishing seventh with the Champions and then being dogshit in his two next jobs.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
You won't find many people on here who hate LVG. There is a difference.

devil in me

How many bloody times does it have to be repeated @norm87cro, he isn’t disliked because he failed here, he’s disliked because he hasn’t shut up since about how poorly treated he was.
He has shown zero humilty despite finishing seventh with the Champions and then being dogshit in his two next jobs.
Absolutely this. He was offered the job, he had a crack at it, wasn't good enough. Not his fault, no reason to dislike the guy for that. But the absolute nonsense that he has spouted off since he left, the refusal to take any of the blame for turning us to utter shite in the space of a few months (which seems to have carried on to his next couple of jobs), and his belief that he is some sort of high roller, make it very, very difficult to feel anything for the guy other than a deep dislike.

stevoc

No you can't but you can dislike someone for being a smug, delusional, disrespectful twat who refuses to admit his own failures and instead spouts bullshit blaming everyone but himself.

Absolutely this. He was offered the job, he had a crack at it, wasn't good enough. Not his fault, no reason to dislike the guy for that. But the absolute nonsense that he has spouted off since he left, the refusal to take any of the blame for turning us to utter shite in the space of a few months (which seems to have carried on to his next couple of jobs), and his belief that he is some sort of high roller, make it very, very difficult to feel anything for the guy other than a deep dislike.
Regarding the bold, I can't even tell you the respect I would have for the man if he'd then said things like the following:

"It was a huge job, and I understood the risk that a poor season could cost me my job. I'm confident that with more time I could have turned it around but the season was certainly a big underachievement and I'm disappointed with how it went."

"Would I do things differently if I got to do it over? Certainly! And I'm a better manager for the experience".

Instead he's insisted "no-one" could have done the job better, he's suggested even SAF would have struggled. He says he'd do exactly the same again if he got to do it over. He's suggested the struggles the club have had since prove how hard a job it was (ignoring that the worst a season a manger had since him still had an FA. Cup win) rather than understanding that much of the fecking struggle started with him and his 7th place finish. He thinks the club failed him and it's traditions by firing him.

In short, he's acted like a complete delusional wanker ever since leaving United, and that's why many, including me, can't fecking stand the bloke.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Didn't know he signed that many of his former players for Sunderland. Utterly void of ambition or foresight.

El cangrejo

Supports
FC Luzern
Didn't know he signed that many of his former players for Sunderland. Utterly void of ambition or foresight.
He'd spent a year coaching in Spain and apparently still couldn't identify anyone in La Liga better than Pienaar and Lescott.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
He's the lovechild of Hodgson and...er...Hodgson.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Regarding the bold, I can't even tell you the respect I would have for the man if he'd then said things like the following:

"It was a huge job, and I understood the risk that a poor season could cost me my job. I'm confident that with more time I could have turned it around but the season was certainly a big underachievement and I'm disappointed with how it went."

"Would I do things differently if I got to do it over? Certainly! And I'm a better manager for the experience".

Instead he's insisted "no-one" could have done the job better, he's suggested even SAF would have struggled. He says he'd do exactly the same again if he got to do it over. He's suggested the struggles the club have had since prove how hard a job it was (ignoring that the worst a season a manger had since him still had an FA. Cup win) rather than understanding that much of the fecking struggle started with him and his 7th place finish. He thinks the club failed him and it's traditions by firing him.

In short, he's acted like a complete delusional wanker ever since leaving United, and that's why many, including me, can't fecking stand the bloke.
You should be his PR rep.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
The stuff you lot throw at Moyes is worse than what I think about Tim Sherwood. I've just about got over Sherwood, perhaps some of you should get over Moyes? The fact some of you are actively hoping he fails is a sad reflection on you tbh.

GazTheLegend

Not only that - he spent 40 million quid on them.

Forty. Million. Pounds.

And they’re all now struggling in the championship.

West Ham are quite honestly fecked. He will sign Jermain Defoe in January and they will go down.

The stuff you lot throw at Moyes is worse than what I think about Tim Sherwood. I've just about got over Sherwood, perhaps some of you should get over Moyes? The fact some of you are actively hoping he fails is a sad reflection on you tbh.
Nar, it's a rather human reaction to seeing a smug twat in the limelight with no humility actually @balaks.

I want him to fail and learn humility, just as I do with Donald Trump.

It really should be time for a young upcoming manager (a la Moyes early 00's) to be getting a crack in the Premier League and Moyes should be rebuilding his reputation in the Championship.

Last edited:

GazTheLegend

Where do you get off telling us what to think of people ffs? The guys spoken badly of Manchester United since he left and still fails to admit that he didn’t do a good enough job. People are entitled to be bitter, we were a laughing stock under Moyes and every week was a new meme. That’s a gaping wound that’s not healed yet so if you’re expecting to hear apologists in a Moyes thread on a
Manchester United forum “we’ll make it as difficult for you as we possibly can”

Lings older than memph

I , for one,to this day fail to understand how the feck was he able to ne such a good manager in Everton who showed great results for a club that poor at the time.

Oggmonster

You know I used to say the same thing when he got the Sociedad job. I don't particularly care about him now and have no feelings either way but I can understand peoples frustration with him.

His attitude is appaling, he thinks he's better than he is and will never admit to any mistake at any club he's been at. Fine the United gig didn't work for him it happens and he'd of been stupid to turn it down probably but since then, the interviews with his pals on TV or in the paper you'd think he has been hard done by. He's got friends in the media who will spin stories for him and it's his arrogance for me that's quite unlikeable not the fact he failed at United, if he came out and admitted he made even 1 mistake in his time at United or Sunderland I'd imagine people would respect him more.

It's another "job for the boys" premier league teams are terrified of taking a risk and employing a manager who hasn't been there and done it. It's quite odd considering the ones who have done it often don't do to well.

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
I do enjoy seeing Moyes excuses after games and seeing the shit he spouts.

He definitely adds to the Premier League for me anyway

stevoc

Feck sake yeah because Sherwoods six months where he dragged Spurs down to 6th from the heady heights of 5th the season before is in any comparable to Moyes sinking the champions down to 7th and only managing to win two games against the top half of the league. And acting like a cnut about it during and after.

The shite you read on here, wise up.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Erm... he had something like the 7th highest wage bill in the Prem during his time there, and his average finish was something like 7th.
This is what makes me laugh, we were always sold the line that Everton had nothing to spend, but Moyes was one of the highest paid managers in the league and, as you say, they tended to end up where they were expected to end up.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Anyway, this:

David Moyes aces West Ham interview with inspiring tale of taking small Manchester club to 7th in Premier League

David Moyes has been unveiled as West Ham manager after regaling the Hammers board with his amazing feat of management while looking after plucky underdogs, Manchester United.

Moyes has been handed a 6-month contract after the David Gold was left speechless by his incredible achievement in taking the Red Devils to seventh in the Premier League.

“Seventh looks great from where I’m standing,” said David Sullivan, while actually sitting down.

“If David can do for us what he did for Manchester United, then I think we’ll all be delighted – not least the fans.

“If you offered any one of them 7th in the league right now, they’d snap your hand off, and rightly so – but so few managers have a track record of getting teams into that position. Not so David.”

Moyes himself has spoken of his pride at taking over the London club, but expressed surprise that his Manchester United stint was seen in such a positive light.

He explained, “I wouldn’t want to say the owners don’t know much about football, but I normally skip over the part where United were in 7th place when I got fired.

“But they were on the edge of their seats and couldn’t wait to hear more about ‘how I did it’.

“I’ve never seen anyone so impressed by me spending nigh-on £30m on Marouane Fellaini. They were very excited to know he could be a free transfer in January.

“Anyway, I happened to mention I won a trophy in my first season in charge, and that sealed the deal.

“I didn’t mention it was the Charity Shield, obviously.”

http://newsthump.com/2017/11/08/dav...all-manchester-club-to-7th-in-premier-league/

unitedforeveral

:lol:

Yep they must definitely still be handing out likes for sticking up for Moyes.

Notice how most of them are newbies, they are fishing for likes.
Stop being such a sadist. It's not like Arsene has won the league in so many years. Not like Tottenham did anything under Pochettino. Not like Klopp is running away with trophies. Not newbies to football. If you don't like my perspective, just keep it to yourself or write your perspective. You do not need to criticize mine.

Foxbatt

All he needed to do was hide in his Manager's office and we would have been in the top 2 or three that season. I mean why the heck has he to change anything. We were the champions by 11 points. If he needed all he had to do was to buy just one or two world class midfield players instead of acting like a Don Quixote after Fabregas and Gareth Bale etc.
Instead he sacked the back room staff and brought in Steve Round and Phil Effin Neville. He then over trained RVP to the extent that he got injured. He also gave Rooney a new bumper contract and brought in fans faithful Fellaini. He not only bought Fellaini but waited for his price to be elevated by 3 million. He should have been sacked then and there for criminal negligence of company funds.
He says SAF would not have won anything very conveniently forgetting that SAF did won the champions with 11 points and handed him over that very winning team.
I can't stand the man at all now. I hope he takes West Ham down.

unitedforeveral

No white text? Dude are you doing this for the likes or what because, you already on the wrong foot with 99% of caftards already with the first sentence itself.. :lol:
Lol you think i will get a like if i said Moyes is a great manager after what he did to us. All i'm saying is, it was a wrong decision of him to take up the job at United. Had he stayed at Everton, he could've done better.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Erm... he had something like the 7th highest wage bill in the Prem during his time there, and his average finish was something like 7th.
Agree that they weren't poor when it came to finances compared to many others but they weren't quite as wealthy as that either.

Here's the breakdown:

02-03 = 14th highest wage bill, finished 7th (+7)
03-04 = 10th in wages, finished 17th (-7)
04-05 = 11, 4 (+7)
05-06 = 8, 11 (-3)
06-07 = 9, 6 (+3)
07-08 = 11, 5 (+6)
08-09 = 12, 5 (+7)
09-10 = 10, 8 (+2)
10-11 = 9, 7 (+2)
11-12 = 10, 7 (+3)
12-13 = 10, 6 (+4)

Average wage rank = 10.36
Average league finish = 7.55

He was shit here and I don't like him and but that's some good work.

Is it great? Depends how you look at it. If you were looking for a manager who was consistently finishing higher in the league than their wage budget I'd be very surprised if anyone else could match what he was doing there. 7 in a row and 9 out of 11 is impressive.

There are of course plenty of ways to measure, just talking about this one because you brought it up. It's one very specific way of looking at things when all is said and done. Even within this kind of thing, some might prefer more volatility than Moyes was showing towards the end of his time at Everton. More spectacular seasons but also more bad ones. Towards the end of his stint there he was consistently a small amount ahead of the game with no more +6's and +7's but also no more -7's.

Some sources if anyone cares:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...pending-from-the-200001-season-to-201112.html
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/apr/18/premier-league-finances-club-by-club
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/01/premier-league-accounts-club-by-club-david-conn

Last edited:

stevoc

Stop being such a sadist. It's not like Arsene has won the league in so many years. Not like Tottenham did anything under Pochettino. Not like Klopp is running away with trophies. Not newbies to football. If you don't like my perspective, just keep it to yourself or write your perspective. You do not need to criticize mine.
Criticize? Are you very sensitive?

When you spout nonsense like David Moyes is a great manager then people are going to laugh and/or take issue with that. If you don't like that then there is an easy solution.

FYI Klopp and Wenger and even Pochettino have achieved more then Moyes ever will.