De Gea Contract Situation

Do you think David De Gea will sign a new contract at Man Utd this season?

• Yes

• No

• Yes, but he'll still leave by the end of the season

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
No way De Gea stays on his paltry (in comparison) wage for the full year I say.. not when he can double/triple his wage and get a great whacking signing on fee...
from what I understand, his contract offer from us offers to backdate his wage increase to the start of last season.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Manchester United notes Real Madrid’s statement on the attempt to sign David De Gea and sell Navas to Manchester United. The Club feels compelled to provide some clarification with the following facts.

• Manchester United did not seek contact from Real Madrid for the sale of David. David is a key member of our squad and the club’s preference was not to sell. • No offer was received for David until yesterday.

• At lunchtime yesterday, Real Madrid made its first offer to buy David. A deal was agreed between the clubs, which included Navas being transferred to Old Trafford. The deals were dependent on each other.

• In the last several hours of the process, with Navas at the Real Madrid training ground, Real Madrid were controlling the documentation processes of David, Navas and Real Madrid. Manchester United was in control only of the documentation of Manchester United.

• Manchester United sent transfer documents for both players to Real Madrid at 2042 BST. David’s documentation was returned by Real Madrid to Manchester United without the signatory page at 2232 BST.

• At 22:40 BST, minutes before the deadline, major changes to the documentation came through to Manchester United which immediately put the deals at risk. • Only at 2255 BST were the documents that are needed to cancel David’s contract received by Manchester United from Real Madrid.

• At this point Navas’ documentation was still not returned by Real Madrid.

• At 2258 BST, the transfer agreement was sent back by Manchester United, uploaded onto TMS and accepted – all before the deadline.

• It is our understanding that the deals couldn’t happen because:

- Real Madrid didn’t upload David’s documents onto TMS in time (Manchester United did)

- Real Madrid didn’t upload David’s documents to the Spanish league in time, per reports it seems some 28 minutes after the deadline • The fact that Manchester United filed the papers on time was acknowledged by the Football Association, who offered to support that claim in any discussions with FIFA. The Club offered this assistance, as well as its own timestamped documents to Real Madrid but they have chosen not to go down this route.

Manchester United acts appropriately and efficiently in its transfer dealings. The Club is delighted that its fan-favourite double Player of the Year, David de Gea, remains a Manchester United player.
feck yeah, Woody :drool:

Sam

The Club is delighted that its fan-favourite double Player of the Year, David de Gea, remains a Manchester United player.
Amazing :lol::lol:

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
Real Madrid are fecking despicable. Trying to lay the blame at our door. I hope Dave believes us rather than them cnuts in Madrid and tells them to do one.

Ibi Dreams

You accepted their first bid? Sounds like you really wanted him to stay.
There was obviously a lot of negotiating going on before any bid was made. Once an amount was agreed by both parties, the bid was officially made and accepted.

I think that statement suggests United did nothing wrong at all in this fiasco. The fact that they say they have timestamped documents and that the FA back them up on this is pretty telling

crossy1686

career ending
Man, just read the United statement. Brilliant, I could not be happier that Madrid didn't get their own way and Perez looks like a dick for the not getting this deal done. He'll be lucky to keep his job after this summer, Ramos, Casillas and now De Gea. Pillock.

The Taurean

looks like a chipmunk
Nothing is so common as the wish to be remarkable.
Was this point omitted in that Madrid statement?
At 22:40 BST, minutes before the deadline, major changes to the documentation came through to Manchester United which immediately put the deals at risk. • Only at 2255 BST were the documents that are needed to cancel David’s contract received by Manchester United from Real Madrid.

crossy1686

career ending
You accepted their first bid? Sounds like you really wanted him to stay.
We were getting a replacement goalkeeper and a large sum of money for a keeper with less than one year left on his contract. We would have been silly not to accept regardless of how much we would prefer him to stay.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Yeah, I get that, if you're used to tropical weather, it's probably a bit different.

I come from Ireland(an incredibly scenic part of Ireland, mind), so yeah.......
You live in the ring of Kerry area if I remember right. Super scenic place down there.

Raw

Okay so, Madrid didn't make an offer until yesterday lunchtime. United agreed with the transfer of De Gea for Navas, the transfers were dependant on each other.

For the last several hours Madrid were controlling the documentation processes of De Gea, Navas and Madrid. United were only controlling the Man Utd documentation.

United sent both transfer documents at 20:42, De Gea's documents returned at 22:32.

At 22:40, changes to the documentation came through to United which put the deals at risk. At 22:55, the documents to cancel De Gea's contract was received by United. Navas' documentation wasn't received at this time.

At 22:58, the transfer agreement was sent back by United, uploaded onto the TMS and accepted.

We're basically saying that Madrid didn't upload the De Gea's documents to the TMS on time, United did. That and Madrid didn't upload the documents to the Spanish league on time.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
If van Gaal let's him play again, maybe it would be a good idea to chant his name for 90 minutes every game and make him feel loved again.. Who knows his mind would change..
That sounds like a really good idea. It should be encouraged.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
We were getting a replacement goalkeeper and a large sum of money for a keeper with less than one year left on his contract. We would have been silly not to accept regardless of how much we would prefer him to stay.
Don't get me wrong, it was a good offer. If United really wanted to keep him though, they'd just refuse the offer, not hope some moron in Madrid fecks up the paperwork.

Americano

Make America Great Again!
De Gea has painted himself into a very lonely place right now. He's upset our club by not renewing and flirting with Madrid. Madrid have shat on his dreams and his special suit. 85% of their fans don't want him. Their club waited until the deadline day to bid for him and made a half-hearted effor that didn't get across the line. And I'd wager 85% of our fans are going to have a hard time forgetting this. LvG hates him. Edurne must be livid.

Who still loves him?

Status
Not open for further replies.