Dimitar Berbatov

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
Keyzer, you clearly missed the point with my posts. I'll chat to you another time perhaps when you are more reasonable.
Exactly? Thats my point. Its not proven. Its just about which side of the fence you're on. We havent made any official bids, so to say we've been chasing someone for 3 years is entirely inaccurate.
Ekeke, seriously. Take your own advice be reasonable and read back what has been said. I dont know how many times I have to say I did not say we have made official bids and that you misread what I said. Pursuing does not mean official bids and why are you still pretending you have knowledge of whether official bids have been made or not. Your doing yourself no favours pal.

Ekeke

Ekeke, seriously. Take your own advice be reasonable and read back what has been said. I dont know how many times I have to say I did not say we have made official bids and that you misread what I said. Pursuing does not mean official bids and why are you still pretending you have knowledge of whether official bids have been made or not. Your doing yourself no favours pal.
I never said you said we made bids. Just that we were "chasing him for 3 years" which I've pointed out, is not confirmed at all. And every post you claim I've said such and such. I haven't, but I've made sure to reiterate that we have been linked with making bids, not linked with bids made.

Ekeke

There is no proof of anything, but it is not mere speculation either.

So wait, you don't want us to sign Villa? I know it's entirely debatable. I'm open to all of Berbatov's flaws, as I am to Villa's benefits. You are the one who wrote a few points on all of Berbatov's flaws and nothing of what he brings to our team, whereas I have constantly said how Villa would improve us.

You think everyone else is being entirely biased when really you need to be a bit more objective. I'd be more than happy if we got Berbatov or Villa.
I've said I want a player like him or Eto'o, but that Villa will have a huge price after the euros so its the perfect time to go for someone else. I also said, even in this thread, that I wouldnt mind if it were a much lower profile player with some potential, as long as they had some pace, a finish and played the same way as Saha, on the shoulder. Maybe thats not the total opposite, but I've certainly never said its Villa or nothing.

I also responded to your post after you questioned whether I thought there were any benefits to signing Berbatov. Maybe you missed it?

Youngie

Berbatov is Class. I would love to see him in the Scarlet. Playing for us might well push him into the Cantona/Bergkamp class, who knows! He clearly has the talent but my only reservation is his temperment . Definitely worth the gamble mind, if only as an alternative style to Roon and Tevez.

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
I never said you said we made bids. Just that we were "chasing him for 3 years" which I've pointed out, is not confirmed at all. And every post you claim I've said such and such. I haven't, but I've made sure to reiterate that we have been linked with making bids, not linked with bids made.

Flavour of the month and no amount of logic will change that? Someone should tell Fergie this as well, he has been wasting his time pursuing him over the last three years.
This is the post you quoted originally and where this all stems from, I said pursuing him and did not say whether this was in the form of confirmed bids, newspaper stories, or anything of this nature. It was in response to Sams post and the fact remains that everything I have said and the quotes etc I posted show that this is not a flavour of the month thing or that people are not using logic in discussing Berbatov as a potential target as was said. I dont see the big problem, or why you quoted and took issue with that in the beginning.

Ekeke

This is the post you quoted originally and where this all stems from, I said pursuing him and did not say whether this was in the form of confirmed bids, newspaper stories, or anything of this nature. It was in response to Sams post and the fact remains that everything I have said and the quotes etc I posted show that this is not a flavour of the month thing or that people are not using logic in discussing Berbatov as a potential target as was said. I dont see the big problem, or why you quoted and took issue with that in the beginning.
Because theres no proof that we've been after him for 3 years :rolleyes: You just want to believe it because you want us to sign him. So you've taken what the paper have printed each transfer window at face value.

We've been chasing him for 3 years as much as we've been 'chasing' Willy Sagnol for 5. :houllier:

Thats not to say we wont sign him or that it would be a terrible idea. But lets stick to the facts. We bid for him before he moved to his current club, where his game has changed - although he's performed very well for his club.

We havent bid for him, while its more likely we have bid for certain other strikers who have had people from their clubs (and named) quoted as saying we've made contact and bid for them. This suggests we haven't been chasing a certain player for 3 years, rather we've been possibly checking out other players instead.

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
Sweet fecking jesus, is this a WUM, how old are you. Your just making yourself look silly, the fact is you keep saying I have said things when i have explained about ten times what i meant by pursuing. Your ignoring the accurate quotes to do with alleged bids etc which back up what I originally said and you went against without understanding. As well as saying there is no proof we are after him, while insisting we have not bid for him when you have no fecking idea or proof of that yourself. All that should have tipped me off a long time ago to be fair.

No more interest.

Sam

People also know the stance you took on David Villa after a few games by the way which is just as bad as these people you talk of. Berbatov plays in the premiership every week.
:rolleyes:

Oh ffs, I DON'T WANT US TO SIGN DAVID VILLA. NEVER HAVE DONE, NEVER WILL.If you couldn't see the humour in my posts about him, then that's not my problem.

And it's by watching Berbatov (In full matches, not just MOTD or youtube clips) in the Premiership, that I have come to my opinion, and that is that he is not what what we need. He is however, a good player, overrated by many, but good nevertheless.

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
:rolleyes:

Oh ffs, I DON'T WANT US TO SIGN DAVID VILLA. NEVER HAVE DONE, NEVER WILL.If you couldn't see the humour in my posts about him, then that's not my problem.
Dont be silly seriously, it was not humour and you have already discussed that you made a snap judgement in the same threads. As you can see this has already been dragged out, just stop. I meant no offence personally its just the truth.

Sam

Dont be silly seriously, it was not humour and you have already discussed that you made a snap judgement in the same threads. As you can see this has already been dragged out, just stop. I meant no offence personally its just the truth.
You're talking rubbish.

Fergies Formula

Sweet fecking jesus, is this a WUM, how old are you. Your just making yourself look silly, the fact is you keep saying I have said things when i have explained about ten times what i meant by pursuing. Your ignoring the accurate quotes to do with alleged bids etc which back up what I originally said and you went against without understanding. As well as saying there is no proof we are after him, while insisting we have not bid for him when you have no fecking idea or proof of that yourself. All that should have tipped me off a long time ago to be fair.

No more interest.
I admire your perseverance, he must be a wum, seriously though ekeke why did u ignore those quotes about our interest and pursuing of berbatov, and why are you so pedantic?

Ekeke

No more interest.
You clearly have some kind of damage to your brain. The only thing I said that you have said is that we were chasing him for 3 years. Thats what you said, not my fault if its not what you meant.

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
You're talking rubbish.
Dont throw silly insults im not a kid and im not into that. It is clear im not talking rubbish and could easily get the quotes if I could be arsed. If you have nothing constructive to say leave it alone.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
First time I've been able to really watch him for a full 90 minutes, my verdict....

He's amazing!
I want him!

Not like that, you perverts.
I want Villa, he's amazing!

Really worried Liverpool may get him though...
Backtracking on what?
Now whether these were done in jest or not only you will know, but I, like many others I'm sure, got the impression you wanted us to sign him.

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
You clearly have some kind of damage to your brain. The only thing I said that you have said is that we were chasing him for 3 years. Thats what you said, not my fault if its not what you meant.
Read back what was said and grow up. The only person who has any foundaton to argue what I said is Sam. No more interest.

Sam

Dont throw silly insults im not a kid and im not into that. It is clear im not talking rubbish and could easily get the quotes if I could be arsed. If you have nothing constructive to say leave it alone.
I've explained myself (not for the first time) and you're not believing me. That's not my problem. I don't want us to sign Villa, and never have done. If you don't believe me, so be it.

Sam

Now whether these were done in jest or not only you will know, but I, like many others I'm sure, got the impression you wanted us to sign him.
I don't. And I've never said that I do.

I am worried Liverpool may get him, I don't deny this, he's clearly quality. Doesn't mean I want us to sign him, though.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I don't. And I've never said that I do.

I am worried Liverpool may get him, I don't deny this, he's clearly quality. Doesn't mean I want us to sign him, though.
I want him! and I want Villa he's amazing! suggest that you did want us to sign him.

Anyway, it is all rather petty and I'll take your word for it if you say you didn;t want us to sign him.

Ekeke

Read back what was said and grow up. The only person who has any foundaton to argue what I said is Sam. No more interest.
Grow up? You were the one to start asking ages :houllier: Again, its not my fault you said we were chasing after Berbatov for 3 years when thats just according to the press and your own personal wishes. It is not a fact, so dont present it as one.

Sam

I want him! and I want Villa he's amazing! suggest that you did want us to sign him.
I was deliberately going a bit OTT, but I've NEVER said I want us to sign him. I wouldn't oppose signing him (Like I do Berbatov), but I also wouldn't endorse it, for a number of reasons.

If you want, I can give you a list of those reasons?

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
I've explained myself (not for the first time) and you're not believing me. That's not my problem. I don't want us to sign Villa, and never have done. If you don't believe me, so be it.
Ok fair enough, I do believe you and wont bring it up again. To be honest it was just what came to mind when talking about you first part of your post which I have explained my reasoning for in posts to Ekeke, despite the fact it was directed at you.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Grow up? You were the one to start asking ages :houllier: Again, its not my fault you said we were chasing after Berbatov for 3 years when thats just according to the press and your own personal wishes. It is not a fact, so dont present it as one.
How do you know it isn't fact? You saying it isn't fact has just as much basis as Keyer for saying it is facr.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I was deliberately going a bit OTT, but I've NEVER said I want us to sign him. I wouldn't oppose signing him (Like I do Berbatov), but I also wouldn't endorse it, for a number of reasons.

If you want, I can give you a list of those reasons?
It's ok, this is a Berbatov thread. (That player who would improve us no end and see we become the first team to retain the Champions League)

;)

Sam

Ok fair enough, I do believe you and wont bring it up again. To be honest it was just what came to mind when talking about you first part of your post which I have explained my reasoning for in posts to Ekeke, despite the fact it was directed at you.
Fair enough. And I understand why what I said could have been misconstrued as me wanting us to sign Villa, but I assure you, I don't.

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
:lol::lol: I have explained all of this a million times. Read the posts and quotes and use your brain. Can somebody tell me if im missing something here or am the wrong apart from Ekeke, because I really dont understand what the hell is going on here!!

Ekeke

How do you know it isn't fact? You saying it isn't fact has just as much basis as Keyer for saying it is facr.
He's not saying its a facr though.

If we were 'chasing after him', we'd have bid on him. We've had no reports from Spurs that we've done that. We've had no reports from our side that say that either.

We have however had Aulas make the claim we've bid for Benzema. I believe there was someone from the club who spoke about the Brazilian striker we were linked with a month or so ago, claiming we'd made a bid. If we were 'chasing after Berbatov', we wouldnt have been bidding for other strikers. We'd have been waiting for him.

Again, not saying we wont sign him. But we clearly haven't been hot pursuit of Berbatov for 3 years. The only people other than 1 poster here who claims that, are the sun and news of the world.

Edit - changed a word.

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
If we were 'chasing after him', we'd have bid on him. We've had no reports from Spurs that we've done that. We've had no reports from our side that say that either.
:lol::lol: You bloody idiot how many times, i did not say we were "chasing after him" and have explained what I meant by pursued. Your hilarious.

https://www.redcafe.net/4806155-post126.html

I admire your perseverance, he must be a wum, seriously though ekeke why did u ignore those quotes about our interest and pursuing of berbatov, and why are you so pedantic?
I have no idea seriously. I think its time to just leave him to be a WUM.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
So Sam doesn't want Berbatov or Villa? Feck me, he has some high standards.

I think Berbatov is the dogs bollocks. He may be a lazy, moody fecker, but when he is in the mood the lad is unplayable. In our team he would be a sensation. Alan Hansen is correct when he says he has the best first touch in England. Allied to that is his fantastic composure and awareness, as well as the fact he is good in the air as well as his ability to create and score goals = the ideal centre forward.

Ekeke

:lol::lol: You bloody idiot how many times, i did not say we were "chasing after him" and have explained what I meant by pursued. Your hilarious.

https://www.redcafe.net/4806155-post126.html
You're right, for the first time. You said "pursuing" :

pur·sue Audio Help /pərˈsu/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[per-soo] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation verb, -sued, -su·ing.
–verb (used with object) 1. to follow in order to overtake, capture, kill, etc.; chase.
2. to follow close upon; go with; attend: Bad luck pursued him.
3. to strive to gain; seek to attain or accomplish (an end, object, purpose, etc.).
4. to proceed in accordance with (a method, plan, etc.).
5. to carry on or continue (a course of action, a train of thought, an inquiry, studies, etc.).
6. to continue to annoy, afflict, or trouble.
7. to practice (an occupation, pastime, etc.).
8. to continue to discuss (a subject, topic, etc.).
9. to follow: They pursued the river to its source. I felt their eyes pursuing me.
10. to continue; go on with (one's course, a journey, etc.).
–verb (used without object) 11. to follow in pursuit.
12. to continue.

In short - You said we were chasing after Berbatov for 3 years.

Flavour of the month and no amount of logic will change that? Someone should tell Fergie this as well, he has been wasting his time pursuing him over the last three years.
Glad we sorted that out.

Sam

So Sam doesn't want Berbatov or Villa? Feck me, he has some high standards..
Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't oppose Villa, but in the same respect, I wouldn't go out and be desperate for us to sign him.

Berbatov, well I think I've clearly explained my views on him, many times over.

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
:yawn: I have talked about you misconstruing what I meant from the word pursuing from the get go Ekeke and the fact that its the basis for going on the crash course you have been on sums you up. Your childish and delusional and it had nothing do do with you in the first place, give it a rest now seriously I have no more interest in what you say, your boring and going round in circles. Simple as that you feckwit.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Ekeke, can pursuing not also mean following a players progress actively, without making a bid on him?

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I'd argue no, because that would just be following.

Pursuing suggests an active desire to "catch" the target, same as chasing.
A desire which may never be fufilled. And if we ever did get him, Keyzer could well be right in saying that we pursued him for 3 years.